Why don’t you wear foundation with SPF that very day? And why, when doing eye makeup for a wedding, you should not glue your eyelashes with tape? We answered these questions when we made the rules of wedding makeup. Whatever style you choose, a wedding is a test of the quality of cosmetics and the skills of a makeup artist. Chanfashion will tell you how not to fail this test.
Every bride has her own wedding dress. But each image for a wedding is based on the general laws of wedding makeup. The purpose of such makeup is not only to make you more beautiful, but also to give you a feeling of lightness. Therefore, we have collected tips that will teach you how to look good both in wedding photos and at the ceremony, right up to the moment when the last guest leaves.
Let’s talk about the rules of wedding makeup:
1. A trial rehearsal is needed. The makeup artist will look at the features of your skin, and you will test the finished image. Chanfashion recommends scheduling a makeup rehearsal on the day of your pre-wedding photo shoot. The image in the mirror and in the photo is always different due to the color rendering and the composition of the cosmetics. If the face looks pale against the background of a white dress, discuss this with a makeup artist: add blush or contouring. If the shadows are too shiny, drawing attention to themselves, replace the pigment with a shimmer with a matte one. Sometimes, in order to achieve perfection, you must not be afraid to make changes!
2. Style, not fashion. Chanfashion advises to stick with the classic look. You will be reviewing photos from the wedding decades later, when all today’s trends have long gone out of fashion. Look at the weddings of the eighties: bouffant and blue arrows look ridiculous today, although at one time they were considered beautiful. If you don’t want to repeat their mistakes, choose from classic looks, there are also quite a lot of them: gentle nude, tanned golden-beige tones or cat eyes and red lips.
Do not try to make drastic changes to your usual image. If you don’t usually wear dark arrows, a sudden experiment with them can change you beyond recognition. Look for ways to express your own style.
3. Think globally. Makeup is a full-fledged element of your wedding, part of the overall impression of it. Choose a single color palette. For a wedding in silver cold tones, you don’t need to wear red lipstick, it can suit you very well, but it will definitely spoil the whole picture.
4. Don’t force yourself. If you often wear makeup and feel natural with it, trust the technique of the master. But if you don’t like makeup, it’s absolutely normal, ask to apply a minimum of makeup so that you feel comfortable, can touch your face with familiar gestures and are not afraid to smear complex contouring.
5. Each dress has its own make-up. If you are going to a wedding not in white, then consider the mutual dependence of the color of the dress and makeup. For cream, a soft nude look or deep matte smoky is suitable. A blue dress is set off by golden or pink hues. But you can also try a cold image with gray shadows, just be careful: they can age a pale girl. To a silver dress — expressive makeup. You can try on smokey eyes, but don’t forget to check how they will look with your skin tone. A burgundy or red dress dictates a laconic make-up, usually wine-colored lipsticks are worn with such dresses.
6. Skin care. Makeup can hide imperfections on the face, but this is not a reason to neglect care. Clear skin feels good and allows you to minimize makeup layers. A couple of months before the wedding, start monitoring your sleep and diet. Drink more water — it will cleanse the body. Use scrubs, lotions familiar to you, but do not take emergency measures! Do not buy new products a week before the wedding, even if they are highly recommended, a sudden allergy is not what you need. If you are going to do a facial cleansing, do it no later than a month.
7. Use a primer. Wedding makeup should last all day and it should last well. The task of a primer is to be the perfect base for your skin type: moisturize if it is dry and mattify if it is oily. Your makeup artist knows what’s right for you if you discussed your skin type at a makeup rehearsal.
8. More is not better. There is such an illusion of a “special occasion” in makeup, when it seems to you that you need to use decorative cosmetics abundantly for important dates. No. More makeup lays down in a thick layer, and by the end of the day it will also roll. It looks messy and just feels uncomfortable. Apply foundation in a thin layer. And in order to hide some flaws, remember, concealer was invented.
9. Do not use foundation with SPF. The SPF symbol and numbers on your foundation represent your level of UV protection. A wonderful invention that allows our skin to stay young and supple longer. But at a wedding, you don’t need it. The fact is that the particles in such a cream are designed to reflect light. This means that when they reflect the flash, your face will glow in the photographs. A good master will have a foundation without SPF specifically for events where photography is taking place.
10. Glue — do not re-glue. Some were born with thick lashes, some were less fortunate, but any woman can decide that she needs false eyelashes for her wedding. If this is about you — Chanfashion gives you advice: glue separate tufts of eyelashes, do not use a solid tape. It looks more natural and it’s also a wedding life hack: if a couple of cilia peel off from tears, nothing bad will happen. And if the glue does not withstand your emotions and a continuous ribbon of eyelashes starts to come off from the eyelid, there will be a problem.
11. Everything is waterproof. Use as many waterproof makeup as you can find for your wedding: mascara, foundation, eyeliner… Even those who didn’t cry at prom cry at the wedding. Therefore, be safe.
12. Shine, not shine. This is again advice on how to look your best in photos. The shimmer is perfectly visible in the pictures, much brighter than in life. Do not use a tonal foundation with reflective particles, do not lean on shiny shadows — only as an accent! If you want to use a shimmery highlighter, apply it only on prominent points: cheekbones, arch above the upper lip.
13. Fix makeup. You can’t do without a fixing spray, because your cosmetics should last a long time. By the way, makeup is usually not applied at rehearsals, but the makeup artist has it and is waiting for your wedding day.
14. Carry lipstick and powder with you. In a clutch, in a purse with a friend or mom, with a makeup artist, if he accompanies you. Just carry them with you. You will be hugged and kissed so many times that your makeup will have to be refreshed several times.
15. Sleep. Full, healthy sleep for a few days and especially on the night before the wedding works wonders. For example, it will not be necessary to paint over the circles under the eyes with a double layer of concealer. And just because you will feel cheerful and look rested.
For any bridal makeup, Chanfashion recommends finding a makeup artist. Even if you yourself often and with pleasure apply your makeup, you will need a makeup artist for your wedding. He has a set of professional cosmetics. And it will relieve you of stress. No uneven arrows from excitement or uneven shading of shadows. Just relax and let a professional do the job.
Use the Directory to find a makeup artist. You can immediately see the work in profiles and compare prices. Or create a tender. If you have clear wishes for wedding makeup, the master, who will be ready to take the job, will write to you himself.