Chanfashion has collected all the details about bridal accessories in one article. Because details are power! We will tell you what wedding jewelry is and where to buy it: in a wedding accessories salon, an online store or a hand-made workshop. We have collected in one place a list of all the accessories of the bride and groom. We will tell you how to buy wedding accessories inexpensively and what determines their price. And you will also learn about the latest trends in decorating the wedding hall, cake and printing. We will teach you what to decorate with flowers, how to combine shades and how to keep within a budget.
What are bridal accessories?
The dress, the cake, and the car are all important, but they don’t make the wedding complete. Style is manifested in small things, and it is the details that set the mood for the whole party. Guests will remember the evening when they were presented with personalized souvenirs, when the chairs were decorated with flower garlands, and a cute ribbon even hung on the car handle.
The style of the holiday can only be conveyed in its entirety: the texture of the tablecloth, the shade of the walkway, the umbrellas in the photo shoot area, the style of the bride’s gloves, the boutonnieres of the guests, the design of the wish book. All of these are accessories.
Make a detailed to-do list. Do not rely on memory — before the holiday, your head will be filled with organizational moments and pleasant excitement. To cope with the fuss, use our section. There are already popular wedding expense items, but you can add or remove categories.
Wedding accessories: what do you need for a beautiful holiday?
You are familiar with the “blank slate” syndrome: you are burning with the desire to fulfill the Stakhanov plan and you have a thousand ideas, but now it’s time to get down to business and you don’t know where to start? We suggest solving problems in order. That is, in the order in which the events at the wedding will develop:
registry office, field registration
Details for competitions, decoration of the house and entrance. Ten tips on how to decorate the bride’s room, read here.
Flowers on the hood, boutonnieres on the door, custom numbers. You can buy ready-made jewelry at a car dealership, just don’t count on current trends. If you want to arrange a car with taste, we advise you to contact a decorator or florist.
For painting in the registry office, you need glasses and a pillow for rings. For an outdoor ceremony — a wedding arch, a table for painting, chairs for guests and decor for them, a festive path, etc.
If the shooting is carried out in a photo studio, you will be provided with the necessary details. Read more about this in our article Photo Studios. For a photo shoot in nature, you need to prepare accessories yourself. What are these accessories? Signs with inscriptions, umbrellas, flags, masks, lollipops, musical instruments.
Hall decoration, gifts for guests, props for competitions, wish book, seating cards, cake decorations and more.
Traditionally, all these stages are decorated in the same style: if Boho, then Boho both at the ceremony and at the photo shoot. But this is not such a strict law as, for example, gravity. So, if your fiancé wants a Retro look, look for a compromise: use accessories in the Boho style at the ceremony, and spend the photo session in the Vintage style.
Handmade accessories are cute and in demand. People are so arranged that they always value unique things more. Handmade will never go out of style.
Test the quality of accessories. Threads that stick out of cheap textiles and Venetian masks made of papier-mâché instead of porcelain are always visible. It is better to look for a good decor for promotions or discounts. If the choice is quantity or quality, then feel free to choose quality: fewer accessories are better, but let them look decent.
Accessories for the bride and groom
These are your personal accessories, we have identified them separately and divided them into two groups:
Veil, wreath, tiara, veil, shoes, wedding ring and other jewelry, bouquet, handbag, gloves, belt, fur coat, shawl, bolero or cape, garter.
Bow tie, tie, suspenders, shoes, boutonniere, wedding ring, watch, cufflinks, pocket square, hat, cap, belt, funny socks.
The average cost depends on the uniqueness and method of making the accessory. The price depends on four factors:
- Material cost. For example, gloves made from natural silk are more expensive than those made from synthetic fabrics. A clutch bag embroidered with pearls includes the price of pearls.
- Color. Shades that are now in trend are more popular. That’s why they raise their prices.
- Size. More fabric is used for a long veil, and of course, it will cost more.
- Design. Hand embroidery, a hand-made wedding wreath, the development of an author’s drawing — this is all the work of designers, and it costs money.
Chanfashion has compiled a table of average prices for various accessories.
Bonbonnieres (gifts for guests)
Book for recommendations
Chair covers (rental)
Wooden plaques with inscriptions
Guests seating chart
Press wall for photo zone
from 250 UAH
from 150 UAH
from 250 UAH
from 20 UAH
from 20 UAH
Where to buy wedding accessories?
In shops. But their choice is limited. And they are in different places. You have to travel half the city until you find the desired tie.
In online stores. But the picture may not match the description. Sites often do not post negative reviews on their products in order not to spoil their reputation.
In the Catalog we have collected a database of design workshops, city shops and elite salons from all over Ukraine. They are in the Wedding Accessories section. We have a live rating based on the reviews of real brides. We also raffle prizes among those who make Safe Transactions through our website.
Wedding accessories — popular trends in 2017
- Color blocking technique. Combine several fashionable shades in one accessory or combine products of different colors. In fashion — pure natural colors.
- Color accent in the table setting. If it is a bright tablecloth, napkins and dishes should be neutral. If a flower arrangement — do not make a bright tablecloth.
- Let’s talk about decorating chairs. Bows and shimmery sheaths give the palm to fresh flowers, willow branches and woven leaves. Sets of chairs of different colors will look cool. But you also need to combine shades correctly. Decide on the spectrum: pastel, deep and bright, warm or cold tones.
- Printing will use floral motifs and watercolor textures. Naturalness and tenderness — a wedding tandem.
- The small version of the menu is a must-have of 2017. It’s beautiful and practical: guests will know the list of dishes, so they can “leave room” for their favorite culinary masterpiece.
- Vertical gardens will surprise guests and decorate the banquet hall. What a great idea for a wedding photo booth!
- Table numbering fades into the background, numbers will replace other conventions: years from your life, animals, favorite films, cities or streets.