If you want to order video shooting of a wedding, you need to know exactly what you want. So that you don’t get confused, Chanfashion has collected the most popular questions about videographers and answered them. From the article you will learn which videographer to hire for a wedding, how to choose one and how to work with him. We will tell you what a videographer will do, what wedding videos are in fashion, what a wedding trailer is and how many cameras it takes to film it. And we’ll also talk about how to get a video as soon as possible and what is the average price of a wedding video.
Why do you need a professional videographer?
We have revealed the secret, Fellini and Kubrick can stop spinning. We know where so many tasteless wedding videos come from. On these commercials, people fuss for a long time and monotonously to the solemn music. It’s impossible to watch. Yes, no one will try, except for those who ordered this video.
Bad wedding videos exist because we want to save money. We think it’s easy to make good videos and that’s why they should be cheap. So we brought to the market amateur operators working for little pay.
Chanfashion insists: for a good wedding video you need professional operator. For three reasons:
- He experienced. Therefore, he will not miss important moments: the mother of the bride furtively wipes away a tear of happiness; indescribable emotion of a friend who did not expect to catch a bouquet; the groom anxiously clasps his hands before the ceremony; the enthusiastic nephews saw the cake.
- Another such operator skillful. He will edit the video so that it looks like a complete story of your life.
- And a professional operator expensive techniquewhich he changes after wear.
In our catalog you will find real professionals and you will not have to worry — your memories will be in good hands.
A wedding videographer will tell you about your wedding day in the language of cinema. This story will turn into a real family heirloom that your children and grandchildren will see.
What does a wedding videographer do?
Each specialist has several package offers that determine:
- number of hours of filming
- finished video duration
- installation and processing
- recording on digital media
The operator may include a short wedding clip or movie trailer in the proposal package. We will talk about the trailer below, answering the question “What is fashionable in wedding videography now?”
The finished film runs 60–80 minutes, the music video with the best moments — 3–5 minutes. The video should ideally be in HD quality.
How much do videographer services cost?
Prices depend on the region of Ukraine, the experience of the specialist, the format of shooting and editing. Hourly pay is approximately 500–700 hryvnia, and a package offer will cost from 2,000 to 10,000 thousand. The bride and groom often have a question: “Why is it so expensive?” Chanfashion will share knowledge so that you understand what you are paying for.
Work on the wedding day (number of hours)
A videographer at a wedding is a performer of services, he does not walk and does not have fun. He works at the training camp, at the ceremony, at the walk and at the banquet. It takes into account angles, light, composition and further editing. And he’s been filming all this time.
The videographer usually follows you all day in a private car. He needs not only to be in time everywhere, but also to transport equipment: a camera, batteries, microphones, batteries, stands, an image stabilization system and other equipment.
Material processing and installation
After the wedding, the bulk of the work begins. Filmmaking can take anywhere from a few days to several months.
Cost of equipment
Good masters do not save on technology. Because the quality of work and the reputation of the videographer depend on the equipment. One professional camera is designed for approximately 1000 hours of workflow. If the shooting day lasts approximately 12 hours, after 80 holidays the camera will need to be replaced.
In other words, maintaining the equipment in proper working order, repairing or replacing it.
Finished product packaging
Good service includes a pleasant presentation. A flash drive with a wedding video from a professional videographer will be beautifully designed. The costs of printing materials and filing are on him.
Remember: the video that a professional will make for you will outlive both the wedding manicure and the taste of the cake for a long time.
How long to wait for a wedding video?
It all depends on what month the wedding is scheduled for. The wedding peak falls on July — September. At this time, due to the high demand for services, you will have to wait the longest.
It takes about 2–3 months to process video materials. This is a lot, but there are reasons for this. Putting together a wedding film is not just a mechanical job, it is a creative process. For a video to be aesthetically pleasing, a videographer needs to invest in it with skill and artistic flair.
What’s trending in wedding videography right now?
European trends. Today it is not enough just to shoot well in the “cine picture” format. The operator must understand dramaturgy, be a director and understand the art of screenwriting.
Beautiful shots are not created in one take. They are diverse and taken from different angles.
Wedding teasers (wedding day trailers) are small 15-second clips that show the main events of the holiday and create an irresistible desire to watch the entire movie. You can post them on Instagram, Facebook or Vkontakte to create a rush of anticipation among guests.
Forever in fashion: sincere emotions, real, skillfully caught by the operator.
Professional wedding photography: one camera or two?
A budget option. It’s kind of like a home video. The shooting goes in one shot, because all the manipulations with the camera will look unpleasant.
Shooting with one camera is used for clip editing. The specialist knows what will “cut” the video. He has “cuts” — pre-filmed neutral shots and close-ups of faces and objects. He inserts these “interruptions” between separate scenes.
But shooting a beautiful outdoor registration with one camera can turn into a disaster. A good videographer will not even undertake such a job.
There are no problems with changing plans, the cameras switch almost instantly. Various lenses are used. Close-ups are ideally conveyed: faces, emotions, hand position, clothing details, and general plans: architecture, nature, hall decoration.
If you shoot a holiday with one camera, many moments are lost, and most angles are average. Video shot with two cameras is more pleasant to watch.
You can capture the preparations of the bride and groom at the same time without losing a single emotion.
How to choose a wedding videographer? Tips and step by step plan from Chanfashion
- Decide what are you waiting for from the wedding video. Estimate the budget and decide what it will be: a full-length film of the entire holiday or a touching video of the wedding ceremony.
- Now open our Catalogue In chapter Videography and start choosing a specialist.
- Look at a few works and try to understand what style of shooting suits you. Add the videographers you like to the section so that you can return to the work of these candidates if necessary.
- Read reviews of real brides. We have these on our site.
- Appoint personal meetingto understand how pleasant a person is to you. Collaborate with someone who impresses you as a professional and interlocutor.
- The videographer is not the one to save on. We have already explained why. But a professional can charge less for shooting if, for example, it is scheduled on a convenient day for him. Check out our section Discounts.
- Pre-wedding Love-story, Trash the dress style video and wedding photography itself are more convenient to order one person. Discuss this with him.
- Do not be shy ask about everything, What are you interested in. Your goal: to feel complete understanding and contact with a person.
“Our videographer”: what to look for
- The videographer must have spare set of equipment: accumulators, lenses, sound recording equipment.
- Listen to your videographer. His job is to know how to make a beautiful video. He is interested not to delay and give a good result.
- Special effects a la the 90s are bad taste. Heart and dove transitions look cheap. If a videographer’s portfolio has such romance, look for someone else.
- Decide everything during the negotiation organizational issues. For example, will it be possible to pick up the source files, what are the terms of video processing, how will he drive and where will he eat on the wedding day.
- Please select at least one operator job and rate the picture, screensavers and music. If you managed to watch the movie at least halfway through, you have a good videographer in front of you. After all, watching the wedding of strangers is very difficult.
- Rate how videographer creative: whether he departs from working patterns and stereotypes, how he embodies ideas. Creative people don’t work in the same boring way.
How to work with a videographer?
This videographer works under a contract. Contract — an indicator of professionalism and reliability of a person. It indicates: the duration of work at the wedding, prepayment, cost, timing of the transfer of the finished material. In the contract, you can write down the question about the source code and indicate on which digital medium you want to receive your film.
The contract discusses force majeure circumstances and how best to resolve them. They can happen to anyone. But the professional has a plan of action for such a case.
A specialist who values reputation always wants to work as best as possible. And a random person is not afraid of either scandals or negative reviews on social networks.