The wedding cake
An impeccable wedding ceremony always ends with a sumptuous wedding cake. This is the obligatory culmination of the evening, complemented by a pleasant tea party. Choosing a wedding cake can be as difficult as choosing a bouquet and a dress, and all because today confectioners offer a huge variety of decors for confectionery. Cream confections are considered classics, they are chosen as often as mastic options. Next, we will take a closer look at cream cakes, their features, a huge variety and, of course, learn the advice of experts.
Cream wedding cakes can be made in a variety of shapes and with a variety of toppings. Let’s highlight their features, as well as some advantages and disadvantages.
- Cream wedding cakes mean not only a creamy creamy filling, but also a complete decoration of the product with cream. On the one hand, this is a huge plus, because such a confectionery product looks really luxurious, but on the other hand, creams can be quite oily, and not for everybody.
- Biscuit cakes are very satisfying, so the average product is enough to feed all the guests.
- Cream cake can be made in a variety of forms. Multi-tiered round cakes are especially popular, but if they are very large, then sometimes questions arise in their transportation. Square and heart-shaped options are also popular.
- To make the cake less greasy, experts recommend choosing cheese layers for cakes, as well as protein and chocolate. There should be no problems with the fillings, their confectioners offer them in the widest range.
- The peculiarities of wedding cakes also include the fact that they must necessarily be combined favorably with the entire table setting and fit in style to the identity itself.
In general, cream cakes have a lot more advantages, if only because they look really chic and luxurious, and for the price, as a rule, they suit many newlyweds. Combined cakes with fresh flowers and mastic elements are quite expensive. As for the fat content of confectionery, this is not such a significant minus, since a suitable cream for the filling and external decor can be chosen according to the wishes of the customer.
Wedding cream cakes are a fairly broad concept that includes a lot of meaning. As already mentioned, cakes of this type imply not only filling, but also decor. Next, consider the main types of cream from which confectionery products for a wedding can be made.
- Protein. This cream is the lightest consistency, reminiscent of meringue. It is non-greasy and perfectly absorbed by the body, as well as a pleasant taste. This type is used both for impregnation of cakes, and for the main decor. As a rule, it is supplemented with various fruits as decorations.
- Very often for multi-tiered cakes choose butter creams, which perfectly stick together the layers of the confectionery. Also, the consistency of this cream is ideal for creating air figures on the cake. Very often confectioners make swans and all kinds of flowers.
- Butter cream, as a rule, is obtained from high-quality condensed milk. A dessert with such a layer is usually considered heavy and quite high in calories, but no other cream has such taste qualities. Ideal for soaking cakes. It has been very popular since Soviet times.
We design in an original way
Today, confectioners offer a wide range of selection of a variety of styles for decorating cream cakes.
- For an elegant, minimalist cake, you can ask the pastry chef to make a textured buttercream top, which usually requires a minimal amount of decoration. It will be enough to decorate the product with several flowers or berries.
- When using special confectionery chocolate on a cream cake, you can create very unusual, and at the same time beautiful streaks. On such a cake, you can install ready-made figurines of the bride and groom. The product will turn out without all the superfluous, but very festive.
- Flowers and other figures are usually created using a special confectionery syringe. It takes quite a lot of time and effort, and therefore real works of art are not cheap.
- On the cake, you can make a small, but noticeable wedding inscription. It can also be made from cream or chocolate.
- Cream cakes decorated with fresh flowers and airy French macaroons look very elegant. As a rule, such products are completely coated with cream to obtain a smooth surface on which the entire decor is located.
- No less often, cream cakes are decorated with mastic covering and various figurines made from it. I would like to note right away that the mastic is made exclusively for decoration. Despite the fact that it is edible, it does not have any special taste qualities, so it is simply not eaten. In fondant cakes, all the attention is paid to the delicious creamy filling.
- We especially recommend paying attention to the cream cake using the ombre technique. Ombre is made from layers of cream, due to which such a beautiful effect of transition from color to color is achieved.
- White cake from several tiers covered with white cream can be diversified with fresh contrasting berries. Blackberries, raspberries and strawberries harmonize perfectly with creamy ganache. If you lay berries and fruits beautifully, then they will look no worse than those that could be made from cream.
- A red and white creamy cake with heart-shaped roses on it can look very original.
Gelatin, candied flowers such as violets and lavender, seasonal and exotic berries and fruits can also be used to decorate the confection.
In addition to interesting design, you should always consider the size of the planned cake. Let’s figure out what sweets are in size.
- Single-tier. As a rule, such products do not weigh more than 4–5 kg. On single-tier cakes, a cream frame with swans figures looks great.
- Bunk. Such cakes weigh from five to ten kilograms. They can be decorated with both fresh and cream flowers. Such confectionery products are ideal for medium-sized weddings.
- Three-tier. These products are most often chosen for weddings, the number of guests of which exceeds fifty people.
- Multi-tiered (more than 3 tiers). Such cakes, as a rule, are assembled at the place of the celebration, since they are very difficult to transport, and the cream may leak during transportation.
Tips for confectioners
So that the confectioner can bring to life the most desired cake, customers should take into account a few points and explain what they want to see at their celebration.
- It is highly undesirable to place toxic plants such as lilies of the valley and callas on any cake, it is best to give preference to roses, chrysanthemums and peonies.
- It is very important to decorate a cream cake with fresh flowers at least 1.5–2 hours before serving, but you don’t have to worry about a product with mastic, nothing will happen to it, even if it is made a day in advance.
- You should be very careful with fragile protein confectionery. It is best if the confectioners themselves deliver the dessert to the celebration.
- The cake looks incredibly beautiful, the stand for which is decorated with real flowers or branches of decorative greenery.
Summing up, it should be said that any cake, in whatever format it is baked and decorated, is the perfect addition to every wedding ceremony. The main thing is to entrust the creation of such an important wedding attribute to a true professional in his field, a confectioner who will not only make a beautiful dessert, but also take care of a pleasant creamy filling that can surprise all guests.
For information on how to assemble and decorate a wedding cake, see the video below.