Styles of wedding dresses
After all, is it really joyful to look at the bride with shining eyes?! They display not only a new happy life, by sparkling eyes, you can determine how comfortable the girl is in the chosen wedding look. Ideally, the outfit should be in harmony with the appearance of the bride, with her character, in the best way to emphasize her natural beauty. Therefore, we want to share with you the experience of professionals in choosing the right image.
Where to start choosing?
The choice of a wedding dress, of course, differs from the choice of a favorite style of a shirt and jeans. And it should start with a review of current models of dresses.
Wedding fashion magazines or sites with photos of outfits from the latest collections of famous designers can come to the rescue. Styles on offer and limitless model options will lead you to the look you like the most.
You may like an outfit with rich embellishment of lace and embroidery, Swarovski crystals and pearls, or a more modest outfit that will stand out with clear lines and hidden elegance.
Your inner voice will tell you the right choice, the main thing is to listen to it and not blindly follow fashion trends.
After studying the contents of fashionable wedding publications, it’s time to go to the salons of the city for a fitting. After all, the picture is one thing, but how the model will sit on you is quite another. Perhaps your preferences will change dramatically.
How to accentuate your figure
The bride should critically examine her figure or seek help from a loved one, who may be a friend or mother. It is very important to highlight places where there is not enough volume, and areas of the body that need to be corrected. Based on this information, you need to look for a suitable dress.
The most important rule that you should not refuse is that you need to choose a dress according to your figure. Landing must be flawless.
So, let’s look at a few basic characteristics that the bride can change due to the right outfit.
- You can appear a little lower thanks to a tight-fitting dress, in which the waist will be low and the neckline deep. It is worth taking a closer look at the sleeves-lanterns, a wide belt and a hem with a floral decor.
- It will not work to seem taller in a ball gown, but a Greek-style dress with its characteristic high waist and immodest neckline can add a few centimeters to the bride’s height. A good option is a long train, gloves to the level of the elbow or even higher, and, of course, shoes with high heels.
Focus on the back
Royal posture and ideal skin condition on the back allows the bride to wear a dress with a cutout at the back.
Correction of the neckline
- Slightly reduce large breasts (visually of course), but at the same time adequately emphasize it, a V‑shaped neckline will help.
- If you have a small chest, dresses with a high waistline or with voluminous elements and drapery will serve as a good choice.
- Excessive thinness does not always adorn a woman, in such cases sleeves with volume, lace decor, floral motifs and ribbons will help.
- Hide wide shoulders and bring balance to the figure is possible through the use of voluminous skirts and a modest top. In the opposite situation, when the hips are too wide, a bright top with interesting and plentiful decoration will save.
- You can choose ballroom wedding dresses for girls with narrow shoulders.
- Small sleeves in the form of wings, lowered from the shoulders, lace or in a single composition with a dress — they are able to create real miracles with sloping and full shoulders, transforming them and at the same time decorating the bride.
It is hard to imagine, but properly selected straps can even make adjustments in the proportions of the figure. What designers can offer us:
- There is only one strap, it encircles the neck — this option has no exceptions, since it fits all existing types of figures. With a standard chest size, a narrow shape is suitable, but if the chest is large, then it is better to choose a wide strap.
- A pair of straps can narrow wide shoulders if the distance between them is correct.
You should not choose a dress with straps just because of the likelihood of the dress slipping during the celebration. If you make the correct, moderately tight lacing, then you will be able to avoid funny situations.
Straps in a dress perform not only a supporting function. They are required in the following situations:
- with a large chest, the straps do not allow the corset to break and lose its shape;
- a very frank neckline and a bold form of a corset in the form of two separate cups require the presence, if not full-fledged straps, but at least thin straps;
- the interesting position of the bride does not allow the use of tight lacing, so the straps in this case will be very useful.
- Outline the waistline, which in itself is not well defined, can empire dresses and belts.
- If the waist itself is understated, then you can brighten up this shortcoming with an empire or A‑line dress.
- If the bride’s complexion consists of large breasts and voluminous hips, then the only option is a dress with an A‑line, open neckline and low waist.
The beauty of the dress should not go against the comfort that the bride should feel until the end of the gala evening. In a long dress, a few centimeters should remain to the floor.
Almost every bridal salon will offer you to adjust the length of the dress, taking into account the wedding shoes you have chosen. The use of a crinoline shortens the dress, so cardinal changes to the chosen dress should be made only after the final choice of the petticoat.
Do not ignore this rule, because it is difficult to take even a few steps in an overly long dress, not to mention dancing and a rich photo shoot.
A wedding dress in a shortened version, although it looks amazing, has a significant drawback — highlighting and emphasizing the slightest flaws in the shape of the legs.
And even if you look chic in short skirts, and your legs are admirable, there is always the possibility of looking not so good in a short wedding dress. Thin fabrics and sparkly decor can do you a disservice and expose your legs in an imperfect light.
The classic image of the bride is necessarily associated with white. But pay attention to how well it suits you. Maybe a dress in one of the shades of white would be a better option — classic wedding fashion treats this choice quite favorably.
You can completely move away from the classic colors and choose for yourself a completely extraordinary dress in red or even black.
If the style and silhouette of the dress is chosen according to the figure and character of the bride, then the color scheme of the dress should correspond to the color type of the girl:
- brunettes can choose gray, silver and pink shades;
- for not swarthy blondes, white, gray with blue and gold outfits, as well as apricot color, are well suited;
- bright red hair can emphasize a cream dress;
- for fair-haired brides, a wide range of colors is available, which includes a combination of white with pink or green, pink with lilac and all milky shades.
Dress or corset with a skirt
A dress or a corset with a skirt is a common question that torments brides. Superstitious persons are purposefully looking for a dress, considering the combination of a corset with a skirt as a suit and possibly the cause of family troubles.
This issue is easily solved by sewing the corset to the skirt with a few small stitches — and there is nothing to worry about anymore.
A separate corset can be used in combination with trousers or a skirt after the wedding.
Following these rules will help you choose a dress to your liking, according to your figure and mood.