If the bride wants to diversify her wedding bouquet and make it original, then she should pay attention to luxurious orchids. These amazing flowers look great in mono-bouquets and with other flowers. This article will talk in more detail about such a wonderful flower as an orchid, about the possibilities of creating variable wedding bouquets and unusual flower arrangements with it. The main varieties of this flower and its unusual forms will also be described.
Orchids are considered truly bewitching flowers, since their flowering time surprises many. On average, they can please with flowering from three to eight months, which is why you can order bouquets with orchids in almost any season. In bouquets, orchids last a long time, especially if they are regularly trimmed.
Most of the varieties of this flower do not have any smell, unlike, for example, lilies. With the help of a variety of flower varieties, you can create a truly unique wedding bouquet that will be the perfect complement to the elegant and romantic image of the bride. The features of orchids also include:
- their symbolism on the occasion of the wedding, because these flowers represent love, tranquility and the feminine;
- the ability to create a variety of flower arrangements, including luxurious cascading bouquets;
The minus of orchids is a rather high cost, but it is still considered justified.
It is believed that there are about 25 thousand varieties of orchids in the world and all of them are unique in appearance, including the shape of a flower, leaves, and even twigs.
Shapes and decorations
When compiling a mono-bouquet, you can diversify it by choosing a non-standard shape. Such a composition will look original, and therefore get rid of the usual standards and routine. A cascading bouquet of orchids of the same color will be an excellent solution for tall and sophisticated brides, but shorter ladies should choose compositions of a different type, since cascading options can visually reduce beauties.
The classic shape of a bouquet — a hemisphere — can look very advantageous.
Such a bouquet can be both mono and combined with other flowers, such as peonies, roses and freesias. As a bouquet decoration, it is better to use decorative greenery. Depending on the type and style, leaves of aspidistra, bergras, gypsophila, ruscus, fern can be added to the bouquet. Abundant greenery with orchids can give a good volume, which will be a definite plus in creating a luxurious bouquet. In addition, decorative greenery is used to create a tropical effect in a bouquet.
As the main decoration for a bouquet, it is best to order silk ribbons, rather than ordinary paper ones. Silk not only looks more expensive, but also does not overtighten delicate orchids. Sometimes berries, feathers, sparkles and some other elements can be added to flower arrangements. But with all this, you should be careful not to make the composition tasteless.
Who will suit?
A chic bouquet of orchids will suit elegant brides who want to create a sophisticated look, paying attention to every detail. An orchid is exactly the flower that can emphasize the excellent taste of his chosen one.
Specialists recommend that very young brides choose delicate and nude shades of orchids.while older ladies can look for something brighter and more saturated.
On the Internet, you can find a huge number of flower arrangements with orchids that you can be inspired by. Next, consider the most interesting ones that may appeal to connoisseurs of everything beautiful.
- A classically shaped flower arrangement with yellow-green orchids, lemon ranunculi and white carnations, as well as with the addition of decorative greenery, can look very extravagant, elegant, and at the same time gentle and not ordinary. Such a bouquet is specific in its own way, but will surely become one of the most unique.
- A bouquet of white orchids and peony pale pink roses can look gentle, easy and innocent. In such a bouquet, it is best to use roses and their buds to create an unusual and bewitching composition.
- A bouquet of rounded orchids in purple tones can look bright, rich and bold. Such flowers can be difficult to find, but they look really royal, especially if purple roses and purple hydrangeas are added to the composition.
- In a very favorable light, a bouquet can appear, where white orchids and green callas flaunt, as a rule, roses of the required shade and delicate lisianthus are added to such a composition.
- A wedding bouquet with anemones, orchids and peony roses can look truly luxurious. You can make it in a light version, and in milky pink, and in any bright one. If you add freesias to such a bouquet, then it will turn out not only sophisticated, but will also delight the bride with its exquisite aroma.
- Despite the fact that hydrangeas themselves are very lush, they are sometimes skillfully combined with beautiful orchids in various colors. Blue hydrangeas with blue or contrasting white orchids look very advantageous. Such a bouquet can be made both classic in the form of a ball and hanging down. Classic bouquets are more convenient in that they can be placed on the wedding table, while hanging options can be problematic.
- Alstroemerias of various shades can also be added to a bouquet with orchids. Such a composition can emphasize the light and delicate image of the bride. As a rule, alstroemerias are used as background flowers, highlighting large orchids. Be sure to pay attention to the composition, made in soft pink shades using white orchids, pink alstroemerias and powdery miniature roses.
Of course, these are not all the most interesting ideas for creating wedding bouquets. A variety of flowers can be added to wedding arrangements. They can be both exotic imported and seasonal. Here it is necessary to entrust the creation of a bouquet to a professional florist, who will not only advise the bride on certain types of flowers and their varieties, but also pay attention to the entire wedding look, because every detail is important here.
A wedding bouquet with orchids can become a symbol of family happiness, because it will surely make an important day for the newlyweds perfect. Orchids go well with many flowers, and therefore it will not be difficult for a florist to create a unique and author’s composition, which no one else had before.
With the help of fragile orchids, you can make a real creation of floral art, which will be imprinted on wedding photos for many years.
Whatever colorful or delicate bouquet is chosen, the main thing is that it reflects the wedding image of the bride, embodies her beauty and emphasizes her individuality. When choosing a flower arrangement, it is advisable to give free rein to your imagination, and not just choose a ready-made bouquet on the Internet. It’s best not to be afraid to experiment.
Wedding bouquet of orchids in the video below.