Choosing a wedding bouquet is an important ritual for every bride. You always want to pick up something extraordinary, attracting attention, but nevertheless fits perfectly into the concept of the celebration. A little complicated, but insanely spectacular is a composition of burgundy flowers. If you choose the right color combinations, create a harmonious shape and make sure that the flowers and the dress form a single whole, you will be able to create a bright and memorable image that will delight everyone around you.
Symbolism of color
The color of burgundy is still considered to be derived from red, so some of the symbolism of the shade was inherited, and some turned out to be individual. First of all, burgundy symbolizes wealth and prosperity, even luxury. That is why it is most often found in the homes of wealthy people. In addition, burgundy encourages active action, concentrated work and focus on the main thing.
Psychologists say that this shade is chosen by very confident people.who are not afraid of difficulties and obstacles. They tend to be classy, elegant and graceful. However, excessive use of burgundy can lead to some blues and pessimistic thoughtfulness, so when choosing a bouquet, you should not use the same shade for a dress, only for accessories and accents.
Which bride is suitable?
It is worth mentioning that a burgundy bouquet would be much more appropriate for autumn or winter weddings. Its warm shades have a really “warming” property and will look great on natural photo shoots. It will suit both fragile and tall girls — only in the first case in the form of a bundle, and in the second — an elegant ball.
Combination with other colors
By itself, the composition in burgundy tones looks great without third-party additions, but if you want to complement a rich color with something, then the choice should be approached very carefully.
- A white and burgundy bouquet will immediately catch the eye of all those present, combining passion and innocence. However, its use is possible only with a pure white outfit or decorated with small burgundy inserts. All accessories must be exclusively of these two tones.
- Bordeaux can also be combined with beige: from peach to cream. This composition looks just as bright, but much more natural.
- If an aged couple is to be married, then burgundy flowers should be complemented with elegant purple ones.
- Wine flowers look good paired with sand and yellow plants, such as chrysanthemums and ranunculus.
- Hydrangeas are usually chosen from blue flowers, and irises from purple ones.
- By the way, if you think it over well, you will be able to successfully combine burgundy with brown shades. As additions, twigs, large leaves, feathers, cinnamon sticks, berries, lace, pearl strands and other details are selected.
Choosing the right flowers
- A classic plant for a bouquet is a rose. Burgundy composition always attracts attention and goes well with most dresses. By the way, a burgundy rose has several shades: it can be wine-colored, tending to black or slightly purple, so you can choose the most suitable tone with this flower. However, florists recommend giving preference to the classics, as maroon is a little pessimistic, and light symbolizes a fast-paced relationship. Burgundy roses either form a mono-bouquet, or are combined with contrasting snow-white roses — a symbol of purity and selflessness.
- Burgundy lilies are no less spectacular, in addition, they have a truly enchanting aroma. This flower symbolizes femininity and sophistication, so it will suit romantic and slightly mysterious natures. By the way, the plant is very persistent, which means that it can adequately show itself both at a hot July ceremony and at a snowy winter one.
Bordeaux lilies are used either in mono composition or in combination with lilies of other colors. So, burgundy buds are combined with red, brindle or white, creating completely different moods. The bouquet is tied with a contrasting ribbon.
- Other burgundy flowers are orchids, which are usually sold in high-end florist shops. You can pick up both monophonic buds, and those whose petals are painted white and covered with burgundy spots. Again, both mono-bouquets and combined with roses and lilies look good. In addition, bright exotic flowers are harmoniously complemented by light neutral hydrangeas or alstroemerias.
- We must not forget about callas, which are small in size and rich in color. They are either used in a “pure” form, or combined with snow-white buds, or with orchids and roses of suitable shades.
- Finally, blooming burgundy tulips, irises and other varieties of flowers are suitable for the ceremony. These flowers can be used for the center of the composition and frame them with buds of adjacent shades.
Bouquet design and decor
Composition for a wedding in burgundy style will fit perfectly into a classic ceremony. Such a bouquet will also go well with a retro holiday, especially if details of a similar shade are used in the interior decor. Typically, such a bouquet is decorated with a ribbon, decorated with a vintage brooch or strings of pearls.
By complementing the burgundy flowers with yellow and orange buds, you can create a stylish accessory for a boho wedding. This suggests that, by correctly combining the details, it is possible to satisfy the requirements of any ceremony.
Pair with dress and accessories
If a mono-bouquet is made from burgundy flowers, it is important that the bride’s dress has a detail of the same color. For example, it can be either trim, or a belt, or jewelry, the main thing is not to overdo it. From the same elements, a boutonniere for the groom should be made, or from flowers of a similar shade.
Recommended shades of the dress in general are pastel: white, light pink, powder, ivory or similar. A red or burgundy outfit is unlikely to fit such a bouquet. You will either have to change the flowers in general, or dilute them with white and orange shades.
There are four main approaches to compiling a burgundy bouquet. Either this is a mono-bouquet consisting of buds of the same color, or it is a bunch of flowers with several shades of burgundy, or a contrasting composition, or a gradient combination, for example, when burgundy turns into red or orange. For accessories of the bride, which are in the same set with a burgundy bouquet, it is recommended to use lilac, yellow and blue shades. The groom can be limited to a boutonniere and a matching tie.
When doing makeup, be sure to make up your lips with wine lipstick. In the event that such a decision does not correspond to the color type of the bride, the lips remain natural, but the eyes stand out brightly. Also, a wine manicure is a good idea. As for the groom’s suit, it can also be dyed burgundy, but then it needs to be complemented with a blue tie. Another appropriate option is a blue suit with a milk shirt.
Tips from stylists and florists
Choosing a shade of burgundy for a festive bouquet, it is important to follow some rules:
- You should not delve into maroon tones, because for some people they are associated with something sad, for example, withering;
- It is better for young brides to dilute the wayward color with other shades, while mono-bouquets are suitable for mature newlyweds;
- The bouquet should be combined with the bride’s dress, and with her accessories, and with the general color scheme of the holiday, and with the theme of the wedding.
When a bouquet is made up of several varieties of plants, then one large flower is chosen as an accent, and small buds are placed around it. Flowers, by the way, are recommended to be selected according to the season, but remember that exceptions are also ideal, for example, field crops with lilies or roses. The shape of the bouquet can be an ordinary ball, be oblong or some unexpected and exotic. Round will suit petite brides, cascading — tall and slender, and free — anyone, even pregnant ladies. The latter, by the way, implies naturalness and a little “disarrangement”.
When collecting a bouquet, it is important to monitor its weight: an overweight composition will be a big problem for a fragile bride. It is also necessary to keep track of the combination of aromas — the smells should not be too strong and harmoniously complement each other.
A bouquet of burgundy roses and several other delicate pink flowers looks very impressive. It should be supplemented with berries of a similar shade and, possibly, a few sprigs of greenery. The finished composition is tied with a wide matching ribbon and complemented by an elegant decoration, for example, a copper brooch with a stone.
Bright, but at the same time delicate, will be a composition of lush wine peonies, several spray white roses, red berries and green leaves. After the legs of the plants are shortened to the desired size, it is necessary to tie the bouquet with a suitable cord.
A memorable decision will be the creation of a bouquet of burgundy tulips, purple callas, delicate pastel roses and light green twigs.
You will learn how to make a bridal bouquet with your own hands in the next video.