If we discard all prejudices about infidelity and parting in connection with a bouquet of yellow flowers common among our fellow citizens, then we must admit that there are few wedding arrangements that can compete with this truly sunny color. Any weather on the day of the celebration, even if it is cloudy three times, will become brighter if the bride has a yellow wedding bouquet in her hands.
Symbolism of color
Yellow color, along with red and blue, is the main color for florists to select various compositions. And none of the experts will call yellow flowers a symbol of betrayal or separation. On the contrary, this color personifies the warmth of personal relationships between two lovers, the sincerity and tenderness of mutual feelings, and also prophesies their future marriage a successful and prosperous voyage in a joint boat called life.
After all, everything logically boils down to this:
- yellow color and its shades are close to the solar set, that is, to the light of heat;
- people are accustomed to lighting in houses and on the streets, and it also mostly has a yellow tint (even in stores, the light of ordinary light bulbs is called “warm”);
- yellow color carries with it a positive charge, invigorates, improves mood, infuses vital energy and enhances activity.
Not without reason, in the countries of the East, yellow colors symbolize life without worries and sorrows, in wealth and fun. And for many other countries, yellow is a symbol of abundance, prosperity and good luck.
It is worth warning that the yellow bouquet of the bride will be perceived ambiguously among the guests and relatives who arrived at the celebration. Some people have a deep prejudice of supposedly negative significance. Therefore, the decision of the young to choose just such a bouquet, in fact, is a rather extraordinary act, which characterizes them as a completely independent couple, since they have given such an emphasis to their main celebration of life. After all, they probably prepared a few more wedding attributes, similar in shades to the color of the bouquet. It will most likely be something from the bride’s jewelry, in her outfit or the groom’s suit.
It is possible that the decoration of the wedding venue also contains yellow elements: balls and ribbons, curtains on the windows, tablecloths on tables, dishes or a car donated by relatives. Everything should look in harmony and fit in style.
With such a bouquet, the bride’s dress should be either snow-white or contrasting with yellow tones. Beige or cream dresses, which have recently become fashionable, are definitely not suitable, since with a bright bouquet the outfit will not seem the main attribute of the celebration, and with a more shaded tone of the bouquet, on the contrary, the flowers will become an inconspicuous detail. Suitable, in addition to dazzling white, are the following colors of the dress:
- blue with all shades from pale to saturated;
- red, but only saturated tones, not pale;
- bright green colors;
- black, but not dull.
It becomes obvious that dresses of other basic tones (except beige and cream) will look good with a bright yellow bouquet, but having the same brightness and saturation as the bouquet. And a monochromatic bouquet must be necessarily only bright — no midtones and medium shades. Or you will need to choose a composition of yellow with plants of other types and shades suitable for it.
Combination with other tones
When choosing other flowers to yellow for a wedding bouquet, you should know some rules for their combination. In floristry, there are three main colors:
If the bouquet consists only of yellow flowers, then it is perceived as such. If you mix them with red, then such a composition as a whole is perceived by the eyes as orange. All these shades — orange, red and yellow — are warm, active. Such bouquets stand out among many others.
Therefore, red flowers can be chosen for a mixed bouquet with yellow ones.
Blue color with yellow creates a contrasting composition with a certain shade of coldness. In bouquets with yellow, a good combination of purple, blue, light blue and lilac flowers is noted. But here the choice should already be careful, since not all types of flowers of the named tones can create a wedding mood and maintain the necessary harmony of the composition.
Bright yellow flowers look perfect in a mixed bouquet with white ones. White color is neutral, therefore it goes well with all tones, midtones and even multi-colored bouquets.
With his presence, he emphasizes the sunshine of yellow, its warmth and richness.
Choosing a wedding bouquet Here are a few tips from the pros.
- If the bride only dreams of roses in her bouquet, then a composition from a combination of yellow and white rose buds, for example, the David Austin variety, will be an excellent choice for her. In such a bouquet, you can weave fresh greens in the form of leaves or individual branches.
- For aristocratic persons, you can stop at a combination of roses and lilies. Such a bouquet will look even more chic if its leg is tied with a satin snow-white ribbon.
- For a romantic girl, a composition of roses with white chrysanthemums is sure to suit. Will look good in combination with white freesia roses. Especially such a bouquet should shine with brunettes. Blondes, on the other hand, just need to choose the right shade of the named colors.
- They always look advantageous both in a mono-bouquet and in mixed compositions of yellow calla lilies. But a bouquet of them belongs to long types of compositions, so the bride must have an appropriate style of wedding dress (Greek or Empire style). With puffy dresses, such a bouquet will look frivolous. The height of the girl also matters here — long bouquets are not suitable for short ones. Callas can be mixed with any voluminous representatives of roses, peonies, chrysanthemums.
- A bouquet of three color components looks very good: yellow, red and a little white. The bride will definitely like this range, the main thing is that the shapes of all the components of such a bouquet match each other.
When choosing flowers, you should always listen to your inner self. There are compositions that you don’t even want to look at, but there are those that attract attention immediately. Here among them you need to choose the best bouquet for the best day of your life.
How to make a wedding bouquet with your own hands, see the following video.