A wonderful time of the year, enchanting and bewitching with its colors — autumn — fertile for a wedding celebration. Bright shades of foliage, flowers and berries inspire unusual autumn bouquets for the bride. The choice for imagination is huge: gerberas, chrysanthemums, maple leaves and even bunches of mountain ash. Consider a few ideas and options for wedding bouquets in autumn style.
Before choosing a bouquet
The bride’s bouquet and the groom’s boutonniere are part of the chosen wedding concept. These important attributes of the celebration should be selected as one of the last, when the main details have already been thought out, the selection rules have been taken into account.
- The autumn bouquet of the bride should harmoniously fit into the images of the bride and groom. This is important to consider, as theme weddings have become fashionable in recent years. Autumn style is perfect for a Country, Provence, Autumn Carnival, Halloween or Retro wedding. In the classic version of the celebration, it is appropriate to include autumn gifts in the bouquet, because they will become a bright highlight of the wedding evening.
- The rule for the bride: the richer and more chic her dress, the more modest and simpler the wedding bouquet should be, and vice versa.
- Think over the shape of the future bouquet in autumn style. It is best and easiest to make a spherical bouquet. It is ideal for a puffy dress of a fragile girl-bride of small stature. A bouquet in the form of a cascade is better to choose for a slender, tall bride in a dress with a silhouette. It is easy to create an asymmetrical bouquet that will attract attention with its large and small components of flowers, cones, berries.
- Having chosen the form, you need to decide on the components of the composition — flowers, leaves, berries. It is better to choose them according to the season. At the beginning of autumn, it can be a bouquet with a predominance of yellow flowers, and in the middle and at the end the colors can become brighter — from orange to burgundy red and crimson purple. Greenery in such a bouquet is best reduced to a minimum. However, it should not be overloaded with too catchy colors, otherwise such a composition will draw attention to itself, and not to the married couple.
- Flowers should not have a pungent smell, otherwise the bride, who will keep it all day long, will feel uncomfortable, her head may ache and her mood will be spoiled. The bouquet should not be too heavy in weight.
- When including unusual flowers in the composition, it is better to clarify their meaning in advance, sometimes it may not coincide with such a celebration as a wedding.
- Chrysanthemums, asters — the most famous autumn flowers. Their flowering time is in autumn, and there is plenty to choose from! Lovely chrysanthemums give the whole range of colors that you can imagine, keeping their beauty for a very long time. Asters, personifying tenderness, fidelity, can be either bright red shades or pale pink, lilac, snow-white, they are perfectly combined with other colors.
- dahlias bring happiness to their owners and gratitude. In a wedding bouquet, half-opened buds of dahlias of different saturated colors look unusual, moreover, this noble flower has almost no smell. This is not the whole list of flowers, plants, additions that a generous autumn can offer for a wedding.
- gerberas always look stylish, in a bouquet there can be one or more matching flowers. Symbolizing the well-being of family life, wealth and success, they will not cause allergies in the bride, they are guaranteed to last the whole celebration, pleasing the eyes of others.
- Without the queen of flowers — roses a classic wedding rarely gets by, many brides prefer them for their delicate smell and beauty, which means there is no need to deviate from traditions! A wedding bouquet with roses may well be presented in an autumn style if it is skillfully decorated with maple leaves, viburnum berries, mountain ash, fir cones or wheat spikelets.
- sunflowers symbolize wealth, fertility, a full cup in the house of the young. Mini sunflowers in a decorative version can be mono-bouquet or combined with white and yellow chrysanthemums, asters, daisies.
- Calendula, marigolds are one of the symbols of autumn and warm sunny days. Let the young people not be confused by their simplicity and naivety, because they symbolize passion, fire in relationships. Bright lights of marigolds will be the highlight of the autumn wedding in the style of “Boho”, “Country”, and you can decorate such a bouquet with fern branches.
- Zinnia. Bright balls of this autumn flower are monophonic and colorful, it is convenient to combine them with other colors and fit into the flower arrangement for the bride.
- lush hydrangea blooms for a long time, until the autumn cold, its diverse color palette will suit the most demanding bride. The snow-white hydrangea itself looks like a bride, symbolizes devotion, respect, purity of thoughts. The only negative is the bright aroma of hydrangea flowers, which must be taken into account when choosing it.
Of the unusual autumn flowers suitable for a wedding composition, one can name protea, ranunculus, crocosmia, celosia, amaranth. Crocosmia, amaranth and celosia have a palette of orange-red and burgundy hues. All these flowers are well combined in complex compositions. Crocosmia usually has warm red hues, noble amaranth descends in a burgundy waterfall, and celosia is diverse in color and shape (from fuchsia fans to yellow-red-burgundy cone-shaped flowers).
Protea and ranunculus are very amazing flowers in shape. Ranunculus is just a buttercup native to Asia, but how fascinating are its multi-layered amazingly delicate flowers! Protea is also worthy of all praise, because of its unusual shape, it is better to combine protea with simpler flowers.
In addition to flowers in an autumn wedding bouquet, berries, nuts, fruits and even mini vegetables can be used, as autumn and a rich harvest are associated with each other. Autumn fruits can be used in a bouquet as a decoration, or as the main characters of the bouquet. So, wedding bouquets with mountain ash, viburnum, rose hips, complemented by roses and other flowers from white to burgundy shades look very beautiful and unusual from berries.
One should not miss the opportunity to bring the beauty of the yellowing foliage of trees into the bouquet, using maple leaves, oak branches with acorns. Physalis twigs, chestnut leaves with its large fruits will emphasize the autumn celebration, will be remembered by young people and guests for a long time. Spruce, pine cones are an excellent decor in a bouquet, especially if the celebration takes place in the forest zone of the park. Ripe spikelets of cereals — a symbol of well-being among many peoples, will perfectly fit into the autumn theme of the wedding, they are combined with gerberas, sunflowers, noble roses.
Small fruits such as apples, mini pears, bunches of grapes will decoratively complement the autumn celebration. If the bride wants even more extravagance, then you can use vegetables in the bouquet: mini-cobs of corn, mini-carrots, mini-pumpkins are suitable for a Halloween-style wedding.
For the embodiment of the autumn bouquet of the bride, it is not necessary to use expensive florist services. You can make it yourself by choosing flowers and additional decor in advance. You should think through all the little things. You may need satin ribbons of different widths, beads, rhinestones, the frame of the future bouquet, scissors, twine and other tools. Remember that the bouquet should not be large. It should be easy to hold with one hand.
After all the components are prepared, the flower stems should be cleaned of excess foliage. It is better to choose flowers on a long stem, because it is never too late to cut it. Then comes the most crucial moment of laying. For a bouquet-ball, as well as for a bouquet-fan, the stems and twigs of decor are laid radially, tied at the base, and the excess length of the stems is corrected.
It is better to start from the center of the composition, placing the largest and most beautiful flower or an accent of berries (nuts, cones) in it, then move in a circle, adding new components. The ribbon tying the bouquet should also be in harmony with the main shade of the bouquet. You should not be upset if the bouquet does not come out the first time. The main thing is to do it not on the eve of the celebration, but a little earlier, 2 or 3 days in advance, in order to have time to spare. The finished bouquet is put into a flower porter filled with a nutrient liquid for flowers, and stored in a cool place until X hour.
How to make an autumn bridal bouquet with your own hands, see the following video.