For a wedding bouquet, you can use not only noble roses or tulips, but also free field plants. Modest wild flowers can make the image of a girl walking down the aisle especially gentle and romantic.
When is it appropriate?
The bridal bouquet of wild flowers is used mainly in summer. At such a time, these plants are available, and it is strange in the middle of winter to hold a bouquet of daisies or delphiniums in your hands. Elegant floral decorations “from the fields” are best suited for a country or rustic wedding. Such a bouquet is the best way to emphasize the modesty and spontaneity of a girl who is getting married.
Wildflowers are rare in a bridal bouquet compared to traditional rose and gerbera decorations. But in the bosom of nature, a bride with such an ornament will look natural. Her image will be remembered by everyone invited for a long time.
What flowers to choose?
A bouquet of wild flowers can be both colorful and aged in a certain color.
- To decorate a bouquet for a wedding of wild flowers, you can choose daisies. In a flower arrangement, they personify the purity, youth and naturalness of the bride. These “solar plants” come in a variety of sizes and offer great opportunities for floral creativity.
- Cornflower can also be chosen as the main “component” in the bouquet. It represents loyalty and joy. It is good to pick up other unpretentious wild flowers and ears of cereal plants for his company.
- Dandelion — “sun” on the leg. Bouquets with such flowers turn out to be very joyful and emphasize the tenderness of the one they decorate. A yellow flower can be used or one that has already turned into fluffy white (in this case, it requires special treatment so as not to “go bald” ahead of time).
- For a bouquet in a rustic style, cotton is also quite suitable — white downy flowers. They will emphasize the femininity of the girl and serve as a backdrop for other plants included in the composition of the wedding decoration.
- Poppy makes a very effective impression and can be the basis of a wedding bouquet. Emphasizes the passion of the nature of the bride. It goes well with white, blue and blue flowers.
- The sunflower is a symbol of joy and a happy life. It will also fit well into a wedding field bouquet, creating an optimistic mood.
- The bell looks very elegant in a bouquet, symbolizing humility and constancy, which is important for marital relations.
- Delphiniums look no less beautiful in a bouquet. Most often there are instances of blue, cyan or purple tones. Blue delphiniums represent love feelings and are a talisman of marriage. Based on this, it makes sense to include them in a wedding bouquet.
How to do?
In order for the bouquet to remain fresh until the end of the holiday, it is necessary to collect and preserve the plants in a certain way, which should become part of the composition. To achieve the desired result, you must follow a number of rules.
- Wildflowers are not usually sold in the store. Therefore, they will have to attend to their collection in advance. The best time to do this is the night before the wedding.
- To bring plants home fresh, you can not hold them in your hands throughout the collection and trip back home. The warmth of your hands will make them spoil faster. Therefore, going to the meadow, you need to take with you a basket or some other container in which the flowers will not wrinkle.
- In the process of harvesting, selected plants should not be torn. It is better to cut them at an angle. This will prolong their life.
- Wildflowers should not be picked under the midday sun. It is better to do this in the morning or evening.
- In order for the flowers to stand up to the due date, they need to be divided. For example, daisies and cornflowers can “coexist peacefully” in one vase, but dandelions and poppies need to be placed in different containers.
- To increase the durability of flowers, their stems are immersed in hot water for half a minute and cut again. You can mix fertilizer into a vase with cut flowers and put the flowers in a refrigerator.
It is not unreasonable to inquire about the processing of specific colors just in case. If, for example, poppies have enough treatment in hot water, then in cornflowers the lower part of the stem must be completely freed from leaves and shoots. When processed, they can keep fresh for about seven days. Delphiniums with an empty stem will be able to take water out of a vase even better if they are “plugged” with a piece of cotton wool. This will keep them fresh for up to two weeks.
When making a bouquet with wild flowers with your own hands, you can first practice in this matter. It is advisable to pre-determine a clearing where you can pick flowers. This “test site” will serve as a source of material for experiments, and only then for the final version of the bouquet. When composing bouquets, you can use different flowers until you find the very composition that can reflect the character of the bride, match her costume and the overall style of the wedding.
With a delphinium, for example, you can arrange a bouquet in blue tones. The composition in this color should say about the patience of the one that he decorates, that the girl herself is always ready to help, but no less needs guardianship.
To create a blue-blue bouquet, in addition to the delphinium, it is good to choose lavender, bluebells and other flowers in close tones. A combination of blue and blue with white tones will look catchy.
In order for the plants to be distributed evenly in the composition during the connection process in the bouquet, they need to be applied stem to stem in a spiral. To achieve this, it is necessary to put them against each other every time. When completing a flower arrangement, it is important to use various accessories so as not to make the bouquet “heavy”. Sometimes it is enough to wrap the stems with blue ribbon or decorate the bouquet with organza in a suitable color to complete the look.
It is important to ensure that the arrangement of wild flowers tends to a certain shape (for example, round or oval). Otherwise, instead of a bouquet, you can get a shaggy broom. The type of composition of meadow plants can be set using a wicker basket. If it is complemented with ribbons or beads, this may be enough to emphasize the floral beauty. You can choose a round or square basket or a heart shape. It all depends on the idea of the designer of the bouquet. You can also set the shape of the composition by wrapping the flowers with thick paper in a neutral shade.
How to make a bridal bouquet of wild flowers with your own hands, see the following video.