The image of the bride is impossible to imagine without a bouquet. This detail is very important and significant. The choice of flowers is now huge, the modern bride has unlimited opportunities to create a unique flower arrangement. Among this variety, gerberas stand out favorably. Similar in shape to a huge chamomile, with neat petals, an expressive center and a great abundance of color options, these flowers are conquering more and more women’s hearts.
Features and Benefits
It would seem, how can such a simple flower compete with more expensive, classic and rare specimens? The secret of such popularity is partly hidden in the advantages and features that characterize the wedding bouquet of gerberas.
- Regardless of when the wedding takes place, these flowers can be purchased at any time of the year.
- High durability and ability for a long time (up to several weeks) to maintain its original appearance. You can buy a bouquet for a wedding in advance, while the flowers will look like freshly cut.
- Affordable cost allows you to order a chic composition and at the same time save some part of the budget.
- The easy process of creating bouquets allows you to save on the services of a florist. Any girl can easily create a composition for a wedding look on her own.
- A wide range of colors and shades allows you to choose the perfect color combination.
- Excellent compatibility with other colors allows you to go beyond mono-bouquets.
- Decorative elements must be selected carefully, since not all of them will “get along” next to such expressive colors.
- A gerbera porter is not needed, which makes the composition easier.
- A wide choice of a form of a bouquet.
- Gerbera has no age restrictions, it is equally well suited to brides of any age.
- Lack of smell is an important condition for allergy sufferers. Moreover, any smell, even pleasant and beloved, can get bored for a long time and even cause poor health. This will not happen with gerberas.
Bouquets of gerberas must be made according to certain rules, used by all florists.
- The composition may contain no more than three varieties of flowers.
- The brightest and largest elements are located in the central part.
- Shades for the bouquet are selected in accordance with the image of the bride and the overall style of the celebration.
- Together with gerberas, you can use decorative greenery, but you should refuse large, expressive and bright artificial decorations, since the bouquet can turn out to be awkward and tasteless.
- As for the shape, several options are acceptable: round, spherical and cascade. In other forms, these round large flowers will look awkward.
- Pomander — a spherical bouquet without a stem, which is fixed on a ribbon, is a modern solution. African daisies are great for such arrangements.
Every detail is important when creating the image of the bride. Not a single nuance can be overlooked. In order for the bouquet to blend perfectly with her image, you must adhere to the following rules:
- tall girls should pay attention to cascading bouquets;
- brides with short stature are better off choosing round-shaped compositions;
- pastel flowers and delicate combinations are well suited for fair-haired brides;
- brunettes can choose white and bright flowers;
- brown-haired women and red-haired girls need to take into account their color type and select the appropriate flowers (cold color type — a cool range of shades).
The bouquet must be in harmony with the dress. There are also several secrets and rules here.
- The closed form of the dress with a strict style allows you to create a bouquet of multi-colored flowers. They can be complemented by other flowers and plants.
- The boho style seems to be made for a bouquet of African daisies. They are best able to emphasize ethnic motifs.
- A country-style wedding allows you to choose a combination of chrysanthemums and gerberas.
- A lace dress requires a choice of white flowers. In this case, the fragility of the image and the innocence of the bride will be emphasized.
- African daisy looks good in an image created on the basis of straight lines, which are present in both the dress and the hairstyle.
Combinations with other colors
With gerberas, you can create different compositions: simple and classic, modest and elegant, large and small, unusual and extravagant. We have selected the most successful examples that can inspire and help solve the problem of choice.
Mono-bouquets, which consist only of gerberas, look concise. The stems are tied with a ribbon, which can be in harmony with the dress or act as a bright, contrasting element. You can stop at one shade or make an ombre style bouquet. For the latter option, several close shades of different saturation are selected.
Gerberas go well with roses. There are a lot of options here. Bright natures can choose bouquets of white gerberas, complemented by red roses. For more delicate and sensual brides, combinations of different colors are more suitable, but in one shade. Unusual options are obtained from purple African daisies and white roses.
You can add chrysanthemums to bouquets. These two flowers are similar in shape but differ in size. Such bouquets are lush, look rich and are a real decoration for the bride. White chrysanthemums and pink gerberas go well with a white dress. For more vivid images, you can pick up daisies in orange, red, yellow shades for white chrysanthemums. Green flowers in white bouquets look interesting.
Hemispherical options look interesting and even somewhat unusual. To create them, white flowers are selected, which are complemented by one bright and large gerbera.
Lily is another flower that looks gorgeous next to large daisies. Lilies have a delicate aroma, this nuance should be taken into account when choosing a bouquet. Dark gerberas and light lilies can be ordered under a white dress. An interesting combination is obtained from large fuchsia daisies and pink lilies with a white edge. Orange and red large round flowers can be combined with lilies in orange or brindle colors.
Alstroemerias are African flowers that are becoming very popular, in particular for creating bridal bouquets. They look very gentle and elegant. Pastel alstroemerias are combined with different gerberas, you can choose both light and bright flowers. There can be a lot of options, and each of them will be unique and interesting in its own way.
With the choice of decor you need to be careful. It is important not to overload the composition. Here are some tips for this:
- fresh herbs are always an option;
- rhinestones, beads are often located on the stem or petals, in the latter case they create an imitation of dew;
- berries are relevant in a bouquet that is created for an autumn wedding;
- sprigs of coniferous trees can be added to winter bouquets;
- for a composition for a spring wedding, you can use willow branches as a decor;
- for the legs you need to choose natural fabrics, so the flowers will breathe freely and stay fresh longer;
- artificial butterflies, doves, hearts can also participate in the process of creating a bouquet, but here it is important to observe a sense of proportion (one figure will be enough);
- the leg can be decorated with beads, shiny elements, lace, unusual fabrics.
Do it yourself
Making a bouquet yourself is not a problem, even if you have no floristic experience. It is necessary to act as follows.
- We prepare in advance the necessary elements for future work: flowers, special top dressing, decor, wire, which is used by florists, a frame, a ribbon.
- We cut the stems of all flowers at an acute angle and place them in water with diluted top dressing.
- African daisies have a heavy head, which requires the use of a framework. In this case, the flowers will not wilt and will look fresh until the end of the wedding.
- We collect the saturated flowers into a single composition. In the central part we have the largest and brightest flower. We place other flowers around it, focusing on our taste and combination of shades.
- We add greenery and decor to the flowers.
- We fix the stems of plants with a wire.
- We wrap the leg of the bouquet with a ribbon and add decor if necessary.
How to make a bouquet of gerberas with your own hands, see the following video.