A wedding is an exciting event for every girl. This is the mysterious moment when a princess becomes a queen. And the royal person can not do without a crown. That is why brides are so fond of decorating their wedding hairstyle with a luxurious symbol of royal dignity.
In order not to get confused in the proposed range and choose exactly the one and only perfect crown for a wedding, you should follow some recommendations.
Hair jewelry designers work diligently to create bridal crowns of various types and styles. In the manufacture of these royal accessories, various materials and decorative elements are used: from beaded beads, rhinestones and lace to glass beads, precious stones and jewelry spraying.
All currently existing wedding headdresses can be classified.
- Crown classic — the choice of brides who want to feel like a queen.
- Tiara — a small crown of various shapes and heights, as well as its varieties (tiara-hoop, tiara-comb);
- The traditional diadem is a very common type of jewelry, due to its compatibility with hair of different lengths. A tiara on a comb is a versatile option of different sizes that can organically fit into any hairstyle. Tiara with an elastic band is a popular type of wedding dress due to the convenience and softness of the attachment material.
- Crown-rim is indispensable in creating a retro image of the bride.
- The oriental crown is a romantic and at the same time capricious type of decoration. It requires careful fitting and, unfortunately, is not suitable for all girls. But if it comes to your face, then it will 100% become the center of the wedding look.
When choosing a wedding crown, you need to remember: it should not just be beautiful in itself. Its harmony with the wedding image is important.
The oval of the face is the first thing you should pay attention to during the fitting:
- a chubby girl will fit a high crown with pointed peaks;
- for a slightly oblong face, a headdress with a single constant width without rising to the center is appropriate;
- the oval shape does not accept elongated peaks above it, an asymmetric diadem will be a good choice for such a face;
- with square features, crowns decorated with large stones will get along well;
- girls with a triangular face shape can pay attention to small crowns with floral ornaments.
When choosing a crown, the height and complexion of the bride should be taken into account.
- A petite girl of short stature should not choose a massive crown. An acceptable option would be a narrow hoop, which will emphasize the tenderness and fragility of its owner.
- It is more reasonable for a portly young lady to choose a pointed headdress.
A wedding dress also dictates its own rules.
- The larger the volume of the dress, the more democratic the design of the crown should be.
- Shades of silver in the chosen decoration will suit a pure white dress, dresses made of pastel fabric gravitate towards gold.
- The decor of the dress and the elements of jewelry in the crown should form a logical ensemble. A crown of pearls will go well with a mother-of-pearl finish. Rhinestones on a voluminous skirt will be in harmony with the glass beads in the hair. For an embroidered dress, crowns-wreaths or headdresses with decor in the form of butterflies will be appropriate. A geometrically calibrated diadem is the best companion of a sheath dress.
- With midi length dresses, the use of a crown, in the opinion of some designers, will generally be inappropriate.
- If lace was used to make a veil, then it is better to choose a laconic crown as a set for it.
- A tiered veil will look great with a high dress.
In the old days, it was believed that the veil protects the bride from the evil eye. Now it is just a beautiful accessory that gives its owner femininity and airiness.
Additional accessories (rings, earrings) should also be the same style as the crown. An “ensemble” of pearls in a crown and rubies in a necklace is an extremely dubious choice.
Wedding hairstyles with a crown
The crown must certainly be combined with a hairstyle. Otherwise, the wedding image will be “broken”. It is convenient to select a jewelry model, focusing on the length of the hair and the features of the haircut or styling.
- Compact crowns, headbands and tiaras go well with short haircuts. The possible amount of styling (curls, bouffant, bob, the effect of “disheveled feathers”) will also be in place.
- For medium length hair, a combination of retrowaves or large curls and a noble tiara or diadem is suitable.
- For long hair, almost any option will be a win-win. French braids, aristocratic babettes, tails or buns of different heights, flowing curls or the so-called hair crowns (high styling) — in a nutshell, the choice is great! The crown in this case will simply complete the image.
- Bangs can become an interesting styling accent: straight and heavy, asymmetrical, “torn”, light and wavy. Her well-chosen character in combination with a diadem will make her hair play with new colors.
Methods for fixing the crown
Attaching the crown to the bride’s hair should be as inconspicuous as possible and at the same time very reliable. If the principle of fastening is an elastic band, then everything is clear with it. However, questions remain in other cases. There are several more fixing options.
- On the inside of the crown, there is usually a certain number of mini combs or loops. The hinged dress is fixed with hairpins.
- The tiara, as a rule, is fixed with invisibility, and the free edges of the hoop are hidden under the hair.
- The diadem is more often than other types of crowns complemented by a veil. The design is attached at the back of the head using invisibility.
For information on how to fix a diadem in a wedding hairstyle, see the following video.
The classic has always been, is and will be in fashion. But that’s no reason to give up a little experimentation when it comes to wedding attire. Tiaras in the form of headbands and combs, strict at first glance, can easily be transformed into a daring and memorable decoration for a festive hairstyle.
- A diadem attached at the back of the head (for example, around a babette) gives the image an exquisite weightlessness.
- The diadem, worn on its side, adds a touch of freshness and playfulness to this light asymmetry.
In addition, in this position it is easier to fix it with a comb, without resorting to the additional help of invisible people.
- A diadem clasping the head along the forehead line is a stylish and non-standard solution. This option will help the bride to transform into a fabulous queen of elves from a magical forest.
- The diadem with elongated falling edges, shimmering in curls, looks unusually elegant.
- Accessories for fixing the crown in the hair (invisible hairpins, hairpins) are better to choose as inconspicuous as possible, in tone close to the color of the hair. So they won’t draw attention.
- A modest crown should not be covered with curls and strands.
- Hairstyle under the classic crown should not be too complicated. This will noticeably overload the image. The best solution would be a calm, persistent styling without pretentiousness.
- An important factor is the reliable fixation of the crown in the hair. The accessory will have to be worn all day, so it should not tighten or squeeze the head, because such a turn of events is fraught with a headache. But the crown cannot be allowed to fly off at the most inopportune moment either.
Invisibility frames are not so noticeable, and the ridge mounts, although larger, are much more reliable.
- Just before the wedding day, it is better to refuse a radical change of image. A sudden transformation of a brunette into a blonde or an ultra-short haircut after long curls may not live up to expectations and spoil the bride’s festive mood.
- It is logical to try on the selected crown together with the wedding dress in order to assess the degree of compatibility of the selected set.
- In the pre-wedding fuss, it is very useful to find time for a trial hairstyle. In this case, it will be possible to discuss the smallest details of the image with the hairdresser and test the crown-style tandem for strength.
So, on the wedding day, everything should be perfect: wedding dress, hairstyle, makeup. The crown crowning the bride’s head will emphasize her dignity, model and complete the image of the queen of the holiday. When choosing this accessory, it is advisable to be guided not only by your own flair and preferences, but also consult a stylist, and also take into account the fashion trends of the season.
Subject to all the above tips and rules, the wedding will be unique, like her beautiful hostess.