Decorating wedding banquets with your own hands is very exciting. This includes the decoration of wedding glasses and champagne, the design of wedding invitations and, of course, the decoration of the banquet hall and wedding transport. Today we will consider a master class on how to make a big bow on a car with your own hands.
How to sew and attach a bow to a wedding car?
1. Prepare two pieces of satin fabric in contrasting shades. It is better to use white, pink, lilac or red. The dimensions of the fabric are approximately as follows: large — 70x150 cm, small — 50x100 cm. Sew them separately into two double sheets resembling duvet covers, and then turn them inside out on the face. Sew a small “duvet cover” to a large one with blind stitches in the corners.
2. Sew both pieces together. To begin with, it is better to baste by hand, pulling the bow tightly in the middle. Then sew along the same line on the sewing machine. To do this, first greatly increase the tension of the upper thread, and the machine itself will pull the product into a beautiful bow. Smooth out all the folds and corners, fasten the thread at the beginning and end of the stitch from the wrong side. The base of the bow is ready!
3. We make the second bow — from tulle. Cut two strips of tulle the same size as the satin in step 1. Fold them together and wrap around the narrow end of the bow, then double knot tightly. Attach a narrow satin ribbon of the same shade from above: you will need it to fix the bride’s bouquet on the bow.
4. The diagram shows the places where you need to hem the product:
- a dotted line marks the seam that gathers the rectangles of the fabric into a bow;
- straight lines show the places where the “duvet covers” were turned inside out to the front side;
- red squares symbolize the places where the white part of the bow is sewn to the lilac one;
- the circles mark the suction cups sewn on from the wrong side. They are located almost on the edge, but so that they are not visible from the front side.
5. This is how the bride’s bouquet looks like, which must be firmly fixed with two satin ribbons on the bow. Tie the bouquet at the base with the top ribbon, and the stem of the bouquet with the bottom ribbon to keep it upright.
Now how to tie this bow on the car? You will need several long, wide matching satin ribbons. Initially, you need to fix one tape on the trunk or on the hood (depending on the location of the bow on the car). Then carefully tie the bow to this ribbon and secure it to the machine with the four suction cups. They are attached to a clean and damp surface of the car. Properly attached suction cups will hold well on the wedding car.