There are no trifles in the process of preparing a wedding. Even beautifully designed rings for the ceremony bring a romantic touch. Usually they immediately make the same decor for pillows, glasses and bottles of champagne, it looks very beautiful and stylish. In this article, we propose to consider how to sew a pillow for rings on your own.
Pillow for rings — master class
Before you sew a pillow for rings, you should think over its appearance in advance and purchase various decorative elements in a needlework store. It can be flowers, pebbles, ribbons, ribbons and any other decorations.
For work we need:
- a piece of white fabric (satin or silk);
- sintipuh or other filler;
- threads in tone.
Now consider a simple master class for making pillows for rings with your own hands.
- Mark the details on a piece of fabric. The pattern of the pads for the rings is very simple: these are two squares. Standard ring pad size is approximately 10x10cm. When you transfer the details of the pattern, take into account the allowances for the seams (at least 2cm).
- We pin the details of the pillows with pins and sew on a typewriter. Don’t forget to leave a hole for turning.
- We make cuts on the corners and turn the product inside out. It is very convenient to use a wooden skewer or something similar for this. Be sure to straighten the corners well.
- Next, we fill the pillow for the rings with our own hands with sintepuh or other filler. Sew with hidden stitches.
- The base is ready and now you can think about how to decorate the pillow for the rings. The author of the lesson suggests decorating the edges of the pillow with beads. First, mark the places with pins so that everything is symmetrical. In order not to constantly cut off a new thread, after fixing the bead, carefully draw the needle inside the pad and bring it out at the attachment point of the next one.
- As decorative elements, we will use satin roses and finishing branches (such can be found in jewelry for witnesses and the groom). First, mark everything and fix it with pins.
- Organza flowers, beads and satin ribbons will look great.
- From the ribbon we will make a bow in order to attach rings to it in the future. We fix it with a few stitches and decorate the center with a bead.
- Do-it-yourself pillow for rings is ready! It remains only to put the rings and fix them with the ends of the ribbon bow.
It is such romantic and cute little things as a pillow for rings, bonbonnieres for guests, a wedding chest and handmade wine glasses that can make the most important day unique and leave vivid memories.