Going to a friend’s wedding, a young couple is asked what gift they want to receive. Recently, however, more and more newlyweds prefer to receive cash gifts. In this case, the question arises of how to beautifully organize the presentation of such gifts to young spouses. For this purpose, you can use a wedding chest for money. Of course, it is easier to buy a ready-made box in the store, but it will be much more pleasant for both the guests and the newlyweds themselves if the wedding box is made by hand.
How to make a wedding chest with your own hands: a master class
Before you make a chest for money for a wedding, you need to prepare the following materials:
- thick cardboard;
- silk fabric;
- synthetic winterizer;
- Cut out two double hearts from thick cardboard. Paste with whatman paper. In this case, the blank from whatman paper should have a margin of 3 mm. We make serifs along the edges and bend the edges to the side.
- We cover the second blank of cardboard with a padding polyester as shown in the photo below. We fix it with threads.
- Now you need to put lace and silk fabric down. At the same time, you need to tighten the fabric as tightly as possible so that there are no folds on it on the front side. Since the silk is thin enough, in addition to the threads, we fix it to the base with adhesive tape.
- The front surface of the fabric should be perfectly flat.
- From whatman paper, you need to cut a wide strip and make notches along the edges no more than one centimeter long. Next, they need to be bent with scissors.
- We give the drawing paper a heart shape, similar to a blank made of cardboard.
- Overlap need to make a lock.
- Now you need to cut out another blank from whatman paper, but smaller than the main one and without overlap.
- Lubricate the contour of the heart blank with glue and glue it on the serifs.
- Glue the cord along the contour of the large hearts.
- We make a small bow and glue it on one of the hearts.
- We glue the back side with a cord in the same way.
- Glue lace into the existing hole, glue ribbons on top.
- The wedding chest for money is ready.
When creating a box for money, you can use various materials, decorations. Also, the wedding chest itself can be made in the form of a cake, a house, a car, a circle, or any other figure of your choice.
Decorating wedding boxes is a fun and interesting process. It will be nice to put such a chest for money on the table for the newlyweds to receive gifts. It will perform not only its main function — to store donated envelopes — but also serve as a decoration for the festive table. Also, if you wish, you can make other wedding accessories: bonbonnieres for guests, a pillow for rings, a bride’s handbag.