A wedding seems like such a short holiday, but you want to enjoy every moment, remember every moment of the celebration and hear every warm word. It’s good that you can do this a little later by looking through photos and leafing through a handmade wedding wish book. Do not believe that you can make such a book on your own, for which you will not be ashamed in front of the guests? Perhaps you will change your mind when you consider the Wish Book master class.
For work you will need:
- paper — 2 sheets of thick cardboard (24cm x 21cm), crinkled paper, a sheet of designer cardboard (22cm x 19cm), 12 sheets of thin white cardboard (23cm x 20cm), printed inscription “Wish Book”;
- decorative elements — lace, braid, buckle, beads, flowers, fastening rings;
- tools — a hole punch, a figured hole punch, scissors, hot glue, double-sided tape.
- The DIY wish book starts with a cover, it is advisable to use colors that match the color scheme of the wedding. We take thick cardboard measuring 24cm x 21cm and crinkled paper measuring 25cm x 28cm.
- We wrap the cardboard in crumpled paper, bending it evenly on all sides, wrap the corners inward and glue it with hot glue.
- We also wrap the second sheet of cardboard — they will become the cover. Retreating 6 cm from the inner edge with a hole punch, we make holes for the fastening rings.
- After creating the basis, the question arises of how to make an original wish book. To do this, we will begin to “conjure” over the front side of the cover. Attach to it with double-sided tape in the center a sheet of design paper approximately 22cm x 19cm.
- Under the level of the lower hole for the ring, we wrap the page with lace, fix the ends on the reverse side with glue.
- We shade the light lace with braid, you can decorate it with a small decorative buckle. Reattach with glue on the back.
- Now you need to hide all the rough work — we glue a regular sheet of white cardboard measuring 23cm x 20cm onto double-sided tape on the reverse side.
- We cut out the inscription “Book of wishes” printed in advance to make a fragment of about 10cm x 15cm. Decorate the edges with a figured hole punch. We hide the workpiece at one corner under the lace and glue it.
- Usually handmade (in the modern world this is called scrapbooking) wish books are complemented by volumetric elements. Take white artificial flowers and place them on the cover.
- Let’s supplement them with small elements — roses, leaves, beads.
- The cover is ready, now we take the remaining 10 sheets of white cardboard, make holes in them, fasten the cover and pages with rings.
- The design of the pages of the wish book can be decorating with patterns, creating carved corners, filling in interesting questions for guests and facts about the bride and groom. Whatever you come up with — a hand-made wish book will be exclusive and unique!
And for cash gifts for young people, it is appropriate to make a beautiful chest.