Wedding photo session
A wedding photo shoot is very important because it can help you capture the memories of this amazing and beautiful day forever. Of course, it can be carried out in various places. In many ways, the choice depends on the wishes of the bride and groom, but the professionalism of the photographer should also be taken into account. Every season is unique and different, so no matter when you decide to get married, you can be sure that your photos will be bright, spectacular and stylish. It is worth following the recommendations of professionals, as well as considering interesting ideas for wedding photo shoots.
A modern photo session should be original, unlike others, so almost all photographers have long since moved away from standard poses. Consider the most successful solutions for creating spectacular and interesting photographs.
- Bounce. Of course, this is a pretty attractive idea, but it can turn out to be ugly photos where the faces of the spouses are skewed or uneven. It all depends on the professionalism of the photographer. He must capture this amazing moment when the newlyweds “flutter” in the air. It is worth choosing a river, an embankment, a lake or a flowering garden as a background.
- Two plans. It looks very impressive when the bride is standing close, and the groom is in the distance in the background. The girl can turn a little towards her beloved, while placing her hand on her waist, and he can put both hands in his trousers; at the same time, the groom should fix his eyes on the bride, forgetting about the camera lens.
- Towards each other. To create such a romantic photo, partners should stand opposite each other at a distance of about one meter, while it is better to hide their hands behind, lean over each other and try to kiss. The perfect complement would be a flower bouquet in the hands of the bride.
- Kiss. A couple sitting in solitude and kissing looks quite attractive. The newlyweds can be put in the front seats of the car. A kiss on the seashore looks very romantic, while the bride can be in the hands of the groom. It is better to take pictures in this case on the right.
- Dance. Although it is not very convenient to pose during the dance, the photos are charming. It looks great when the bride lifts her leg a little and leans back, and her lover leans over her, while one of his hands is on his shoulder, and the other squeezes her palm.
- The groom is in the foreground. This option perfectly shows that the house is the owner and support. He should stand in front and fold his arms at the elbows, and the bride can look out from the side, putting a pen with a wedding ring on his shoulder.
Choosing accessories and props
Accessories and props will be a great addition to wedding photos. Usually they are chosen depending on the season to emphasize its beauty. Natural scenery acts as a backdrop, but additional props will make the photo shoot unique and unusual. When choosing accessories for a wedding photo shoot, you should pay attention to several popular options.
- Balloons. Many people like this decor, because it gives solemnity to such an important day. Heart shaped balloons look great. Bright options will add spectacularity to photographs.
- Umbrella. This attribute will add variety to the photo shoot. You can use several umbrellas at once. They can be large and small, plain and bright. Umbrellas are great for both autumn and spring photo shoots. A group photo looks beautiful, in which everyone has their own umbrella.
- Framework. Today, beautiful frames are often used in photo zones, as they can be stylishly beaten. Exquisite, rich frame will give the photo a special magic.
- Tablets. A rather relevant trend is the use of tablets with various words, such as “wife”, “husband”, “love”, “wedding”, “joy” and so on. On the plates can be depicted simply letters, from which various words can be added. Funny inscriptions in “clouds” look very interesting.
- Fruit. Such decor will also help to add variety to the design of the photo zone. Oranges and apples are often used. They can be beautifully arranged in a wicker basket. Usually such props are used for a summer wedding.
- Pillows and rug. This decor can be used for a summer photo shoot against the backdrop of nature. Bright options perfectly complement the photo shoot outside the city.
- Hanging swing. Such an accessory will create a romantic atmosphere, so they are often used to create great outdoor photos in the summer.
- Rubber boots. This prop, of course, is only suitable for an autumn wedding. It allows not only to beat this season, but also to bring new bright colors. Today, rubber boots are worn not only during the slush, they have become very fashionable, as even the famous designer Vera Wang uses rubber boots in the latest collection of wedding dresses.
- Raincoat. If the wedding is scheduled for spring or autumn, then it is quite possible that nature will not be favorable on this memorable day, no one is protected from rain. Bright capes will liven up the atmosphere, they can be red, orange, crimson and so on.
Beautiful choices for spring
In spring, nature wakes up, and at this time I especially want to emphasize its beauty during a photo session. It will be a great backdrop for creating beautiful photos.
- Green field. Young grass will be an excellent backdrop for a photo shoot. You can organize a picnic or take your pets to the shooting. Photos on a flower meadow look beautiful and romantic.
- Blooming garden. This place is characterized by tenderness and romance. The birth of a new family against the backdrop of a blooming garden is quite symbolic and unforgettable. The blue sky, snow-white clouds, the sun’s rays will help to give a photo shoot sensuality and tenderness. As props, you can use a stepladder attached to a tree, a swing, a bench with a compact table under a flowering tree.
- Water. In the spring you can go to the water. An excellent choice would be a small lake, river or sea. To conduct such a photo shoot, you should do organizational work in advance. Find out if you need permission to shoot, think about how best to decorate this area. Brides should choose a separate outfit for this action, because it can get dirty.
- A beautiful park. In the springtime, the parks just bloom, so why not take advantage of this opportunity! White flowers on the trees, the rays of the sun penetrating through the green foliage, will add mystery and uniqueness to the pictures. On this day, the newlyweds can do something special, for example, plant a tree.
Not the last role in the spring photo shoot is played by props, for example, such as rubber boots or an umbrella. The bright colors look amazing in the frame, and also give a touch of childishness and perkyness. Colorful boots in tandem with a snow-white dress will look just amazing. A wreath of wild flowers can be woven for the bride on her own, and in the process of making it, you can already start a photo session. A worthy decoration will be a bouquet of wild flowers as a symbol of beauty, naturalness. You can use bright accessories — a bicycle, three-dimensional letters, garden furniture, swings, etc.
Examples of places for summer
Usually, many weddings take place in the summer, because at this time you can apply various ideas for a wedding photo shoot. Usually the main background is nature. It is worth paying attention to the following places.
- On a field with wheat. This option is ideal for a June wedding, when a yellow field of wheat perfectly emphasizes the beauty of a young couple. It is worth photographing the bride and groom from the back as they walk along a dirt road, while holding hands and having a nice conversation.
- Water. A good choice would be a lake, you can use a wooden boat, as well as a bouquet of daisies. The girl can tear off the petals, and the guy can sail to her in a boat. This story can be perfectly beaten and fixed in photographs.
- Stable. It would seem that a wedding and a stable are almost incomparable concepts, but this is not at all the case. “Young” will look amazing on horseback. The bride on horseback can be photographed against the backdrop of a flowering tree, while the groom will hold the reins. The newlyweds can sit on horses and stretch out their hands to each other.
- Sunflower field. This is the perfect location for a July wedding photo shoot. You can take a rather interesting photo if the “young” hide behind a sunflower during the kiss.
- In the forest or park. Nature in summer is an excellent backdrop. You can capture various beautiful corners, photos look beautiful against the background of reservoirs, lanterns, benches, swings. Romance for two is when the groom swings his beloved on a swing. To make the pictures more elegant, some people decorate the ropes of the swing with flowers. If you wish, you can have a picnic by placing a fruit basket in the center. You can open a bottle of champagne and take a picture at that very moment.
- On the street. You can forever capture your favorite street where you grew up in your wedding photos. It should be further decorated to create a more solemn look. This place is endowed with a special energy, because quite a lot of memories are associated with it, and now also a wedding.
Original ideas for autumn
When planning a fall wedding, special attention should be paid to the weather, as it is quite unpredictable at this time of the year. If the weather is dry on the wedding day, then you can go for a photo session in a park or forest, because in October, and sometimes even in November, nature surprises with a variety of colors. Golden and burgundy foliage will be a great backdrop for wonderful shots. It is worth considering several interesting options.
- Outdoors. The beginning of autumn is ideal for shooting in the forest, garden or park. The forest lake or pond in the background looks very beautiful. The blue sky, colorful leaves will add romance to the shots.
- In the town. If the weather is still changeable, then you can go for a photo session in the city, since there you can find both open places and various closed areas. For example, those who are married look amazing against the backdrop of sights. Luxurious architecture, cozy courtyards of the old city, ancient buildings will add beauty and unusualness to the pictures.
- In the botanical garden. If the weather is rainy, then you should pay attention to the botanical garden, as it usually has many closed pavilions. Against the backdrop of picturesque paintings, you can take many interesting photos. Unusual flowers from greenhouses will forever remain in the memory of lovers.
In a museum, town hall or ancient buildings. The cultural and historical heritage of each city attracts attention with sophistication and antiquity. Ancient architecture will be a great photo for a wedding autumn photo shoot.
- In a rented studio. You should also not forget about this option, because in bad weather conditions in the studio you can create an amazing background. The choice is up to the bride and groom. You can also invite guests there to take group photos. The master will correctly set the light, provide the necessary decor, and the weather will not be able to influence this in any way.
Where to take pictures in winter?
A winter wedding photo shoot is not as common as a summer one, but it has many advantages. Nature in winter looks very beautiful, even magical, so you should definitely take advantage of this when choosing a place for a photo shoot. So, it is worth paying attention to several places.
- In the snow. If it snows on that big day, then you are very lucky as you can just go outside to take amazing photos. If the bride is afraid to ruin her hair or clothes, then you should take an umbrella with you, which can be used as a prop.
- In sunny weather. The bright sun, good mood and various attributes will create an amazing photo shoot.
- Into the fog This natural phenomenon also has quite a few fans. Fog gives the photos a mystery, creates a special atmosphere.
- On horses. These animals will help to add romance. The bride and groom can go horseback riding or just walk with a horse across a snow-white field.
- In the sleigh. Large, painted sledges will be a great attribute for a photo shoot. You can take photos both in motion and static against the backdrop of snow-white nature.
In order for the wedding photo shoot to be successful, bring a lot of positive emotions and remain forever in the memory of lovers, you need to choose the right place for the photo shoot. Photographers recommend not to rush with a choice, but first weigh the pros and cons.
Do not forget that when choosing a place in the open air, you should take into account the weather conditions, since the weather is unpredictable at any time of the year.
It’s always a good idea to have a fallback if something goes wrong. In order for the photos to be bright and spectacular, you need to choose the appropriate props. Each season is unusual, and with the right attributes, you can perfectly beat a particular season.
See the video below for interesting ideas for a wedding photo shoot.