A wedding is considered the most important event in the life of every girl, so she should have a beautiful image at this event. Before the wedding ceremony, it is necessary to carefully consider all the details, and this applies not only to the dress, hairstyle, but also to the wedding bouquet. Since the flower arrangement is the main accessory of the bride, it should be stylish, original and comfortable.
Features of choice
The bride’s bouquet should harmoniously complement the overall image of the girl, be combined with the fabric of the dress and other decorations. Today, florists offer a chic selection of wedding compositions that can be used both for a solemn ceremony and put on the table as a decoration.
For a classic white dress, brides most often purchase simple and modest bouquets, they emphasize the tenderness and sophistication of the girl. For those representatives of the weaker sex who want to stand out in a special way, more massive compositions made up of multi-colored buds are recommended.
To choose the right bouquet, you should consider the following features.
- A pen. This detail should be even, proportional and stylishly decorate the composition. Handles decorated with satin bows and openwork or silk ribbons look great in bouquets.
- Flowers. When choosing plants, it is advisable to pay attention to their combination and aroma. It is recommended to give preference to colors that create a pleasant, light and refreshing trail.
- The size. The dimensions of the bouquet depend not only on the style of the dress, but also on the height of the bride. In the case when the outfit is classic, you should choose compact compositions, and for lush decoration, voluminous designs are ideal. Bouquets made up of large and medium buds are considered a win-win option. They are versatile because they go well with bodycon dresses and tiered models.
- Design. Flowers can be collected in a different style, but they must be in harmony with the theme of the holiday and the image of the girl. So, for example, for a wedding that is planned to be celebrated in Provence style, strict traditional bouquets of roses are not recommended. They will look out of place.
- The form. The appearance of the composition is selected not only from the personal preferences of the hero of the occasion, but also take into account the splendor of the dress. Bouquets of round, straight and drop-shaped forms are very popular.
- The weight. Since the bride will have to wear the flower design all day, it can become uncomfortable and put a significant strain on the arm. Therefore, before buying, you should decide on the maximum weight of the bouquet so that it does not cause discomfort. It is important to remember that the sponge soaked in moisture is used in the purchased port bouquet, it also increases the weight of the composition.
In addition to the above nuances, before ordering a bouquet, you need to check with the florist how strongly the selected flowers emit pollen. Of course, when making them, the craftsmen process all the buds, but pollen can still fall off the plants, and it will ruin the dress with ugly spots.
The modern design of wedding bouquets excludes restrictions in the choice of flowers, but despite this, there is a certain list of plants that are most suitable for the image of the newlywed. Most often, compositions for brides are made up of lilies, roses, lilies of the valley and tulips.
There are also bouquets of carnations and gypsophila, decorated with succulents.
Also popular are compositions of violets, orchids, jasmine and daisies. Many girls also choose original designs of pale pink or white peonies, which symbolize a long family life and strong relationships.
To dilute the bouquet with paints, inserts from sprigs of aspirida and sedge are often added to it.
According to ancient beliefs, it is undesirable to choose flowers such as gladioli and callas for a wedding. They are considered plants for men and can bring misfortune to newlyweds.
It is not recommended to decorate bouquets with palm or fern leaves, as they have magical energy and are a source of conflict and quarrels.
The “Queen of Flowers” in wedding bouquets is the rose, which represents innocence and purity. Both white and scarlet roses look beautiful in compositions, indicating passion and love. These plants are characterized by fleshy petals and strong large stems, so they keep their appearance well throughout the holiday.
For brides who want to stand out in an individual way, roses can be replaced with peonies. They are distinguished by the beauty and uneven shape of the petals. Unlike them, peonies look simpler, but if their buds are tightly gathered into a bouquet, you get a chic design. Peony is considered to be a flower of fun and happiness, our ancestors believed that they are able to bring joy and hope to family life. In addition, according to custom, these flowers were used to protect young people from evil spirits.
Orchids are no less beautiful in wedding bouquets. Since these flowers have an unusual appearance and do not tolerate competition, they are tried to be used in small quantities without additional decor.
Orchids are well suited for brides of any age, they perfectly emphasize romance, tenderness and purity of feelings in the image of a beauty.
Lilies will also be an excellent choice for a solemn composition. Thanks to the strict form, they will favorably emphasize the style of the holiday. The only drawback of these plants is that they have a sharp aroma, so they are not recommended for ceremonies that are held indoors and in small spaces.
As for tulips, daisies and lilies of the valley, these are seasonal flowers, so compositions from them can only be made at certain times of the year. If the newlywed wants to surprise guests with an unusual exotic bouquet, then it is necessary to clarify in advance the meaning of its buds and find out if they are poisonous or persistent in aroma.
Bouquets can differ not only in unusual shape, size, but also be performed in different colors. Each tone in the bouquet is able to reflect the character of the newlywed. So, for girls with a calm disposition, it is best to choose flower arrangements of a round regular shape, in which a delicate pink or white tint prevails.
For extraordinary ladies, a bright bouquet, collected from plants of unusual colors, is suitable. Its shape can be different, ranging from annular to cone, while the color of the composition can be red, yellow or purple.
The combination of colors in the bouquet largely depends on the appearance of the bride. Brunettes are recommended to choose designs where there is a bright orange or red tone, blondes, on the contrary, are well suited for a light palette, thanks to which they manage to further emphasize their “heavenly”.
It is desirable for blondes to purchase a peach bouquet, it will be beautifully combined with a snow-white outfit and a composition in powdery shades. For brown-haired women, floral designs in warm colors are ideal, cream and pink shades are best suited.
The age of the newlywed also plays a huge role in choosing the color of the bouquet. Young maidens should prefer light-colored plants, and more mature ladies should purchase models of saturated colors, which will also differ in intricate shape.
In addition, it is worth knowing that each color of the bud is characterized by individual symbols: red means fiery love and hot feelings, yellow means a happy and carefree family life, and white means innocence.
Solutions from unusual materials
The wedding design of a bouquet can be represented not only by plant material, but can also surprise with non-standard design. Today, there are many style options, thanks to which the main accessory of the bride becomes impressive and unusual.
- Sweet (candy). These are small compositions made up of various sweets and sweets. As a rule, girls with a sweet tooth choose such models. Such bouquets are distinguished by romantic notes, in addition to sweets, marmalade, marshmallows can be added to the composition, everything is decorated with miniature paper flowers or small soft toys.
- Satin. It is an original bouquet of satin buds. It must be decorated and assembled in such a way that it harmoniously combines with accessories and the main outfit of the bride. Beautifully look satin compositions trimmed with beads, foamiran. As an addition, dragonflies and butterflies with rhinestones may be present on the buds.
- Textile. In this case, various balls, beads and buttons are used to decorate the composition. A handmade bouquet can also be knitted with thread.
- Nautical. A bridal accessory made of starfish, shells and corals will perfectly complement the look of a mermaid bride. Auxiliary elements in this composition are only natural materials. Such a bouquet is best suited when the celebration is planned to be held in a marine theme on a yacht or ocean shore.
- Paper. This is a winter design. Its main advantage is that the flowers do not fade. Buds are placed in a special box and they are made of colored, velvet and transfer paper.
- Jewelry. It is a real decoration of any image of the bride. The bouquet, assembled from precious stones and gold, will favorably emphasize the rich decoration of the newlywed.
In addition to the above types of bouquets, designs that indicate a specific theme are also often used. So, for example, if the wedding ceremony is scheduled on the day of Halloween, then the main attributes of the composition can be black callas, dark flowers and a pumpkin.
For brides who want to look like “snow queens”, bouquets of glass buds imitating ice are ideal. It is recommended to decorate them with cones and branches of needles. To make the compositions stylish and beautiful, they are decorated with special fittings in the form of banknotes, bird feathers and multi-colored stones. Unusual packaging — planters, baskets, handbags and skippers help to revive the composition. You can wrap such designs with fur, lace, leather and expensive linen.
How to choose?
The bouquet of a young bride should be not only beautiful, but also comfortable. Therefore, before buying a wedding accessory, a girl needs to take into account many important points. To date, experienced florists will help you quickly compose the desired composition, which would ideally complement the image of the newlywed and pleasantly surprise those around you with their performance.
Before you go for such an important purchase, you need to decide on a financial issue and know how much you can spend on a bouquet, since it is not cheap.
Flower arrangements are best ordered in specialized stores and not purchased in tents on the streets. Non-professionals usually work in such sales outlets; their wedding bouquet can turn out to be banal. In addition, there is a possibility that the buds will be stale and the main decoration of the holiday will fade after a few hours. To avoid this, experts recommend contacting experienced florists a few weeks before the ceremony and placing an order from suitable flowers.
At the same time, it is advisable to ask the masters for a catalog of their works and make sure that the bouquet will be assembled by professionals.
The composition must be designed not only according to personal preferences, but also take into account the overall image and style of the bride. Flowers should be in perfect harmony with the girl’s outfit, her veil, hairdo and other decorations. In addition, you should pay attention to the color of the eyes, hair of the girl, her age, character, height and makeup.
You can not choose bouquets made from unknown exotic plants, they can cause both allergic reactions and headaches from persistent aroma.
Miniature and fragile brides are recommended small round designs on a porta bouquet, tall ladies will suit compositions in the form of falling waterfalls. The shape of the waist and the height of the girl are beautifully emphasized by such models of bouquets as “clutch”, “drop” and “waterfall”. Slender women are recommended compositions with hanging and flexible flowers.
If, after registering a marriage, the newlyweds plan to go out into nature or ride around the city, then you need to buy bouquets in capsules, they will help preserve the charm and freshness of flowers. When buying, you should also pay attention to the fact that the stems of the plants are originally wrapped. This will protect the bride’s dress and gloves from green stains.
A mandatory decoration in the bouquet is the presence of satin ribbons. They symbolize the tenderness and purity of love, so you don’t need to save on these details. You can also decorate wedding compositions with small silver figurines in the form of hearts, doves or angels. Similar decorative elements are used only in pairs.
Despite the fact that the bouquet is bought a few hours before the celebration and will be fresh, it is still recommended to order two compositions — one of live flowers and the other of artificial flowers. This will help to avoid unpleasant situations during the ceremony and photo shoot.
In order for the wedding day to be remembered forever, and the celebration to be held at the highest level, it is necessary not only to draw up a clear holiday program in advance, but also pay special attention to the design of the image of the bride. Since the bouquet is considered the main accessory of the newlywed, it must be stylish and original. To compose a flower arrangement, you can use a different style, which will indicate the theme of the celebration and emphasize the beauty of the outfit.
Recently, many newlyweds prefer to complement their image with unusual bouquets, among which the following options are very popular.
- Glamelia. These are beautiful compositions that look like one huge blossoming bud. Typically, such bouquets are collected from camellias and gladioli, they may also contain rosamelia and lilymelia. Similar designs look gorgeous from the petals of orchids, camellias and roses. To create a stylish masterpiece, at least 20 flowers are required, they are subjected to special processing and sprayed with a solution that creates the effect of dew drops as a decoration.
Such bouquets are practical and versatile, they do not break, do not require water, but their compilation is laborious, so they are expensive.
- Scourge. Such compositions are characterized by a maximum length, therefore they are made out exclusively from resistant plant varieties. Outwardly, the design resembles a falling waterfall of flower buds. These options do without water, look elegant, but they can break quickly, so they should not be thrown and constantly carried with you.
- Coupling. In the event that the bride wants to stand out in her image in an original way, then an unusual bouquet in the form of a clutch will suit her. The model is executed in such a way that there are voids for hands inside it.
Chic compositions, as a rule, are purchased at ceremonies held in the winter or autumn season, they are decorated with fur or cotton.
- Beautiful compositions also deserve special attention. “bag” and “umbrella”. They can be both open and closed, as well as collected from medium and small flowers. These bouquets are ideal for any style of wedding dress and give the girl a slight mystery. Bouquet-bag can be carried on the arm, it is comfortable, lightweight, does not require wet feeding and does not deform.
As for the “umbrella” option, it is best used only for photo shoots, since this design is heavy and large.
A master class on creating a delicate bouquet with your own hands, see below.