Short haircuts attract girls with their practicality, convenience and bold character. However, this does not mean that the wedding will have to grow hair to make a spectacular hairstyle. Stylists offer many options for stylish and original wedding styling for short hair.
Wedding hairstyles for short hair very simply embody any style from classic to minimalism.
- Classic options for the wedding involve the use of additional artificial strands, which are similar in shade to the natural hair color.
- Romance. This direction uses various curls. You can create large Hollywood waves, or you can create a cascade of small curls.
- Retro. Recently, this style has become wildly popular. It is perfect for short hair. One example is the so-called “cold wave”, when all the hair, along with the bangs, is laid on one side. However, there are styling options on both sides. It goes well with futuristic accessories and large earrings.
- Minimalism. Very short haircuts look spectacular if only one bright accessory is chosen for decoration. Stylists do not advise using more, so as not to make the image heavier.
Haircuts for short hair should take into account individual characteristics.
- If the bride has a high forehead, then it can be hidden under a spectacular bang.
- Graduated haircuts will disguise the ears if their owner is unhappy with their shape.
- An overly sharp, shallow chin will help hide lush curls if curled away from the face.
- Thin hair will look more solemn when creating a voluminous hairstyle. This can be achieved with haircuts with torn or asymmetrical ends, a cascade or spectacular coloring.
- Thick hair is beautiful in itself, any options are possible with it, except for very short ones.
For blondes, stylists recommend using thin things as accessories: headbands, combs, tiaras. But when creating a certain image, lace bandages, large single flowers made of fabric with beads or natural wreaths are also used. Light large hairpins for dark hair will create original exquisite images, individual in each case. Veils and tiaras look incomparably on brunettes.
One of the main factors when choosing a wedding hairstyle is the shape of the face.
- perfect oval does not require any decorations. A minimalist option is suitable for him: any styling and a minimum of voluminous decorations.
- “Square” shape. Any rectangle needs to be softened; for this, styling near the middle of the face is given more volume. The ends of the hair should be above the chin or below it — to the shoulders. Experts recommend using side parting, curls, high hairstyles with long strands in front.
- Round face requires that the form be slightly extended, for which they use voluminous bouffants from above. Long front strands also help to lengthen the oval.
- triangular shape prohibits the use of volume from above. Splendor is permissible only from below near the chin.
- diamond shape has the greatest width in the center area, so stylists advise making voluminous crowns and creating volume in the chin area. To do this, use loose curls with a fleece on top in styling.
Popular wedding women’s haircuts for short hair.
- Graduated caret. If the back of the head is made shorter, and the color is saturated, for example, burgundy or chocolate, then the outrageous image is provided. The main thing is to choose the right outfit.
- The simplest haircuts with pretty features, they look great without jewelry. For example, “elf” without a curl and accessories looks cute and gentle. If you decorate this haircut with a feather or a veil, we will get more feminine images. Bandages and hoops will be appropriate here.
- Shoulder length classic - the choice of an elegant woman. In addition, with the help of additional strands, it can be lengthened or made more magnificent.
- Dynamic pixie haircut able to rejuvenate any face. It features a very short rear view, open ears, long lateral front strands, and an elongated crown. Bold and courageous, confident and daring decide on such a trendy hairstyle. But it is not suitable for everyone, but only for owners of an oval face shape, clear expressive lines. This haircut is not suitable for those who have a short neck, round face or curly hair. Before deciding on a pixie, you should consult with a specialist so as not to be disappointed on the eve of the holiday.
- Stylish “bob” has many varieties. It is ideal for curly-haired brides, because it is not only spectacular, but also practical. In shape, this is a more elongated version of the pixie. “Bob” has a rejuvenating effect, so it is popular for all ages. It opens up scope for imagination and creativity. By changing the length of the strands, you can create various disproportions, adjusting the face if necessary. Bob-car combines cascades and graduation, which causes splendor. The hairstyle can be decorated with any accessories: headbands, hairpins, flowers. It looks beautiful with a short or long veil, as well as small pillbox hats.
Modern brides stylists recommend many options for hairstyles that create unique, spectacular images.
For the bride
Recently, the following trends are most popular.
- straight elongated front strands are very effective on haircuts such as pixie, bob or bob. Since the last hairstyle has elongated options, the hair in front can be styled with curls, which should be twisted either outward or inward. Stylists recommend such styling to lovers of minimalism, for example, for the urban chic style. This direction combines classic and business styles, seasoned with modern accents. The style involves clear lines and color contrasts. It is characterized by cold natural shades found in the urban landscape: white, gray, blue, green. However, they should not be flashy, but slightly muffled. As decorations, accessories with metal elements are appropriate. The whole appearance of the bride must correspond to the chosen direction.
- Wavy curls on loose hair they give out a romantic nature. They look soft, gentle and feminine.
- Retro wave. It is laid on one side or with a straight parting on both sides.
- Imitation “shells” — elegant and graceful styling that suits tall, slender brides. She will emphasize the long neck, making the image somewhat unprotected and touching.
Brides should pay attention to the style of the dress when choosing a hairstyle.
- Dress with strict lines implies elegance and sophistication, therefore, styling should be the same, without frills, for example, a “shell” or a square with elongated front strands.
- Romantic outfit can be supplemented with curls and waves. Boho hairstyles will look great.
- Vintage styling appropriate for retro outfits. For example, Hollywood waves or “Chicago”.
As for such an important accessory as a veil, you should not be upset that it does not belong on short hair. This is a wrong belief. Wedding hairstyles with a veil are individual and original in each case.
- This accessory can be long to the floor, but then less lush, fixed at one point on the head.
- If the choice fell on a veil made of expensive openwork, then it is better to refuse other decorations. Otherwise, the image will be oversaturated.
- Veils are the most popular among brides with short haircuts. There are an infinite number of them and they look very stylish.
- Pill caps are also original on short hair.
- You can tie the original lace bandage. Or, in the case of a cardinal length of hair, use it to attach a veil.
Most stylists agree that the optimal length of a veil for short-haired brides is in the shoulder area, just below.
For a girlfriend
Bridesmaids should choose such styling and decorations so as not to outshine the hero of the occasion. If there is an agreement on the style of the whole event, then it is necessary to comply with it. As a rule, any hairstyle without bulky designs looks natural, feminine and elegant. The main requirement for laying is its stability over time and under the influence of various factors. In other words, its owner should move freely at any pace and under any surrounding circumstances, without fear for the shape of the hairstyle.
A short haircut, styled in an artistic mess, looks very direct. She rejuvenates the face, making it perky and sweet. A lace bandage or headband with a floral decoration passing through the center of the forehead is symbolic of the Empire style. Large curls are attached to it. Such decorations create the image of a gentle nymph.
On short hair, you can create a hairstyle in the Greek style. To do this, the hair is wound on a curling iron with a cone-shaped nozzle, then the resulting curls are folded back and fixed either with hairpins, if the length allows, or with varnish. If there is a long bang, it is laid in a wave on one side. From above, the hairstyle is decorated with a tiara, diadem or ribbon, creating the image of a goddess.
Retro style or “Chicago” style is very effective on women with short hair. Therefore, if possible, feel free to make it a reality. Small natural curls are perfect for this. Hollywood waves are not the prerogative of long hair and look great on short hair. Will have to make an effort. But the result is worth it.
If you want to radically change your image at a friend’s wedding, but for a short time, you can use various accessories that change not only the color, but also the length, volume and structure of the hair. These are all kinds of hairpieces, overlays, artificial strands of different colors and weaves.
Recently, the boho style has become popular. It is aimed at rapprochement with nature, strives for naturalness and naturalness of images. The main thing is not to overdo it, otherwise the immediate disheveledness will turn into slovenliness. And also remember that the whole appearance should support this concept.
The main problem when creating styling on short hair, especially on ultra-short hair, is the fastening of jewelry. It may be difficult to do so. Therefore, stylists use various headbands, headbands and ribbons. With their help, you can decorate your hair with a large flower or feather.
Bandages vary in width from narrow leather ribbons to wide soft lace. They are very popular in ethnic style or retro direction. Various decorative elements can be attached to them: feathers, flowers, rhinestones, pearls, monists.
Even a short-haired bride can be turned into a real princess. To do this, it is enough to use a diadem. At the same time, it should be understood that the higher it is, the more hair will be required, since for its styling it will be necessary to comb the hair up, creating a certain volume, a throne for the diadem.
Flowers are able to bring sophistication, naturalness and freshness to the image. Moreover, they can be used one at a time, or in the form of a wreath. It looks original if the flower in the hair is combined with the bride’s bouquet and the boutonniere on the lapel of the groom’s jacket. Unusual are the inclusions of leaves and berries in the hairstyles of autumn brides or twigs of spruce and mistletoe in winter.
Combs decorated with rhinestones or beads are original and varied. They can be picked up in the store, or you can order specifically for the celebration from the master. This handmade accessory will undoubtedly attract the attention of guests and transform the look of a girl.
We analyze the styling options step by step
A few days before the planned event, you should try out the hairstyle. To create a styling on your own, you should not get hung up on complex designs, it is better to stop at a simpler option.
The tiara is loved by many brides as it turns them into beautiful princesses. If you have short, straight hair, pull it towards your face with a flat iron. At the same time, the bangs are slightly raised and laid in a large wave on one side. The diadem is attached between the bangs and the rest of the hair. Stylists advise you to choose the appropriate earrings and necklace. They should not be bulky so as not to overload the image.
Another styling option refers to naturally wavy stripes. In this case, they can be combed back, lifting to the crown and creating volume. If the length is sufficient, then you can imitate a “shell”. Long bangs are laid to one side, short ones are pulled forward on the forehead. The diadem is fixed closer to the lush crown.
If the bride has a bob cut, then a romantic or shabby chic hairstyle is appropriate. In this case, the hair is wound on a curling iron of medium diameter, obtaining uniform curls. The front strands should be curled away from the face. Comb the hair lightly at the crown and wind inward with a styler with a coarse nozzle, creating fluffiness. The bangs should be curled on a thick curling iron and laid on its side. A tiara or diadem is fixed behind a bang. In this case, there should be a minimum of jewelry, it is better to refuse a necklace altogether, it is enough to use only earrings.
Before you attach flowers to your hair, you should decide on the methods, since this must be done carefully and, most importantly, reliably. Stylists do not advise using large clips, it is better to give preference to invisible ones. If there is no confidence in the strength of the fastening, then it is better to stop at the option with a rim or bandage. Of course, natural flowers look more interesting, but you need to evaluate their ability to “survive” until the end of the celebration. Or you can not worry and choose artificial analogues, especially since they have recently been no worse than natural ones.
The simplest option is to add volume to the hair by any means, then pick up the front strand from one side and stab it with an invisibility with a flower. If the haircut is very short, the hair is washed and dried with a hairdryer, while distributing the hair from the crown evenly over the entire head. The bangs and front strands are pulled forward. To make your hair even smoother, you should walk through it with an “iron”. We accent individual strands with wax. The final stage is fixing with varnish and fixing a hairpin with a flower decorated with feathers and rhinestones on one side.
With a wreath
Using curlers or other devices, give the hair a voluminous shape. It is better if the diameter of the curls is large, then the splendor will turn out more natural. The styling will be decorated with a rim in the form of a wreath of small inflorescences and flowers.
Simple but effective
When choosing a wedding hairstyle for short hair, you should remember that the most suitable length for making a unique hairstyle is bob and bob haircuts. However, this does not mean that other species are deprived. Light short “swift”, “pixie” or “garcon” under the hands of skilled stylists also turn into a masterpiece. Asymmetry makes their styling spectacular and irresistible. In addition, they give the face youth and freshness.
Even short hair can be curled. “Small chips” of them with the effect of wet hair look bold, cocky and fresh. To do this, it is enough to apply a fixing agent to clean hair and wind it on small curlers. After removing them, fluff the hair with your hands and give the desired shape.
Greek style hairstyle is popular at all times. For short hair, it is quite easy to perform, even without styling products. To do this, the hair is curled on a curling iron of medium thickness, and then we begin to fantasize. It is better to lay the bangs in a wave on one side, and fix the rest of the curls at the back. Further, the hair is intercepted in the middle of the forehead with a narrow bandage or diadem, while the front strands can be released to frame the face. If the length allows, then you can add braiding to the hairstyle or use false hair for this purpose.
On pixie or bob haircuts, you can experiment with bangs. It is laid on its side, which creates a certain volume at the crown, or parted, oblique or straight. Equal, asymmetrical ends and spectacular coloring can enhance the volume effect, especially on thin hair. Depending on the desired result, the bangs are curled or straightened, laid in the form of a wave or combed back. Decorate it with small details: pearls, beads, rhinestones, mini-hairpins and scallops.
Below are the options for popular wedding hairstyles for short hair. Spectacular and original images in retro style will never go out of style.
Wedding headdresses will help to create any look from a coquette to an elegant lady.
Tiaras and tiaras turn brides into princesses.
Unique hairpins will transform the look.
Flowers are always associated with tenderness and youth.
Headbands and headbands are used to create a unique and inimitable wedding look.
You can look original and spectacular even without decorations.
How to make a wedding hairstyle for short hair with your own hands, see the following video.