A handbag for a bride, of course, is not the most necessary, but a very useful accessory, because every woman always has something to put in it — from a powder box and lipstick to a mobile phone. In addition, well-chosen, it will become not only a functional accessory, but also an ornament that will complement the image. You can buy a handbag for the bride in the salon, or you can make it yourself, which will give the future newlywed the opportunity to show creativity and get a truly exclusive thing. We bring to your attention a detailed MK how to sew a handbag for the bride. This model is suitable for a classic fluffy dress. Decorations can be varied according to the decor of the dress.
Handbag for the bride — master class
To sew a handbag we need:
- fabric (in this case, satin and guipure with silver embroidery);
- thin satin ribbon;
- From the fabric, cut out 4 parts in accordance with the pattern of the handbag for the bride. Two each of satin and guipure.
- Next, you should sweep the details and sew the seams on a sewing machine. The top of the workpiece is folded inward twice, and two seams are made in the middle on a bag handle machine.
- The edges of the upper part, in this case guipure, are bent by 3 mm and stitched around the perimeter, thus hiding sloppy edges.
- We process the side edges with an overlock and get a nice handbag blank.
- We fold the tape in half and sew it on a typewriter. We pass the tape through the prepared seam for the handles, and we tie its edges at the junction with knots or also sew it.
- The handbag is ready, now you should decorate it, but the main thing here is moderation, otherwise the detail overloaded with decor will distract attention from the outfit. A couple of artificial flowers and butterfly brooches are enough.
- Flowers can be made independently, or you can buy ready-made flowers in the store. Before fixing the composition on the product, it is better to try several options for its placement.
- The bridal bag is ready.
When making an elegant accessory, you should follow a few style recommendations:
- It is better to choose the fabric for the handbag in the color of the dress. If there are colored details on the dress — embroidery, a belt, then you can make a handbag to match;
- a handbag in the form of a pouch with ties will fit a fluffy crinoline dress. For a dress in the Empire style, it is better to make an envelope handbag, and a clutch bag will be appropriate for a retro-style outfit;
- fresh flowers that repeat the components of the bouquet will look spectacular as a handbag decoration.
It is also easy to make other wedding trifles with your own hands: a pillow for rings, decorate wedding glasses, prepare bonbonnieres for guests and a wedding chest for gifts.