Wedding hairstyles with a veil
The invariable attribute of the bride is the veil, which is the personification of purity and at the same time a decorative element that gives her appearance a special femininity. The veil is just as important as the dress, wedding ring and bouquet, so you need to be able to pin it on your hair so that it looks perfect.
To make the veil look beautiful and stylish, you need to take into account the length of the hair and the hairstyle on which it will hold. In addition, the accessory can be of different types:
- there is a standard veil, which is 80 cm long;
- short version of the accessory within 60 cm;
- a long veil can reach 110 cm or more when it comes to a train.
The shape of the product is chosen according to taste or in accordance with the style of the dress, so it can be in the form of a rectangle, oval, circle or square. The fabric from which it is made is also different — lace, tulle, silk, organza. And that’s not all — the decoration is sometimes additionally decorated with ribbons, flowers, original lace inserts. The veil itself does not have any fixatives, which is why the girls have to figure out how to attach it to their hair.
In different cases, the following fixing elements can help with this:
- based on the general style, small light and transparent hairpins in the form of small flowers, invisible hairpins, hairpins, both simple and decorated with beads, flowers and other decorative elements, are suitable for fixing the accessory;
- headbands, hoops are also able to fix elegant fabric, tiaras are a classic option and will ideally be combined with plain tulle or silk material;
- if, in addition to the veil, it is planned to use a light hat or wreath, you can fix it directly to them;
- many brides try to do without a comb, which traditionally holds the accessory, but today this product has already been transformed into a beautiful, and sometimes unusual hair ornament, which also fits the beautiful image of the bride.
Of course, choosing a mount, you need to combine it with hair styling and dress.
Depending on the type of veil, the fastening may be different.
Consider all options.
- Graceful girls with a slender figure can easily afford to use a short accessory, actually weightless, for which a pair of hairpins is suitable. To do this, the fabric is carefully sewn to the hairpin with thin white threads, and then fixed on the hair.
- You can stab a short veil with ordinary stealth, or use hairpins decorated with feathers, flowers, a diadem is also suitable as a fixative for this option.
- The Spanish veil is simply thrown over the head and fastened over the entire area with ordinary hairpins into the holes of the lace. And also the mantilla can be pinned with invisibility near the ears or by putting a wreath of small light roses on top.
- A fashionable option for using a wedding attribute is the “Juliet cap”, when the veil is wrapped around the head and gathered in a knot at the back – it can be secured with an elastic band, a hairpin with flowers or a beautiful ornament.
- Another fashion trend is a narrow veil, consisting of a single layer of material. This requires that the hair be lifted up or pulled into a classic bun so that the fabric fits under it. To keep it in place, it is fixed with a few pins.
- It will be difficult to fix a lush and long veil with invisible hairpins and even hairpins, so it is better to use a comb by winding a strip of material around its upper part, passing it between the teeth. Then an accessory is sewn to it.
A beautiful veil is the element that goes well with both long and short hair, with pigtails and buns. However, you need to try so that hairpins and hairpins are not noticeable, unless they play the role of an additional decoration.
Sometimes girls don’t want to put their hair in a complicated hairstyle at all, but look as natural as possible. Consider how to properly wear a wedding accessory so that it holds.
Step-by-step instructions will help you cope with this task:
- first you need to comb your hair, as intended, and style the curls;
- then protect them from static electricity with the usual means that is used for clothes;
- then you should braid a thin pigtail on the top of the head along the entire length of the hairstyle;
- attach the veil to the top of the braid with a comb or a few spiral hairpins that will hold it more securely, but it can also be a hairpin, diadem or headband to which the material can be sewn.
In the case of long hair that is not styled in a specific hairstyle, you can also use a hat that will do an excellent job of fixing the train.
If the bride has short hair, she may also be puzzled by the question of how to strengthen the veil and make sure that it does not fly off her head at the most crucial moment.
It turns out that this is not a problem either, but you will need a light, short and one-layer version of the veil.
You can do this in the following way:
- you will need to choose a place of attachment and make a small pile in this area, and pull the strand into a small ponytail a little lower;
- the hair in this place must be generously varnished and allowed to dry;
- after that, the veil is fixed over the tied ponytail without any difficulties and fixed with stealth or hairpins.
For hair that is too short, for example, a youth or sports haircut, it makes sense to use a diadem or headband that will perfectly hold the veil, and for a short bob, a wedding veil in combination with a light hat is ideal.
You will learn more about how to properly fasten a veil in the following video.