As the wedding day approaches, every bride is puzzled by the question: how to choose the right wedding dress? After all, everyone wants to be the most beautiful bride, so everything must be perfect — color, silhouette, style … Where to start?
How to choose the style of a wedding dress?
Before heading to the bridal salon, look through the catalogs and decide which wedding dress to choose — simple, elegant, concise, with a minimum of decoration, or chic and ornate. The style will depend on this — after all, magnificent outfits, for example, are usually luxurious and richly decorated.
Now let’s decide which style of wedding dress to choose according to your figure. To date, the most common are:
- “Princess” — an outfit with a very fluffy skirt. It will suit thin girls of average height, as well as ladies of average build. It is worn on a special petticoat with rings, which is purchased separately. At the same time, a fluffy skirt can either start from the waistline or be somewhat understated. The latter option is only suitable for slender tall girls, as the low waist shortens the legs and emphasizes the hips.
- Mermaid wedding dress. The dress of this style fits the figure and expands at the very bottom, in the area of the knees. In addition, it is these dresses that are most often decorated with long luxurious trains. They are designed for brides of high growth, slender and stately. In addition, they are an excellent choice for brides over thirty, as they give them an elegant, “lady” look.
- Empire style wedding dress. This outfit is ideal for puffy brides, including pregnant women. Dress of a simple style, tightened under the bust. It will emphasize the beautiful lush breasts and hide the tummy and lush hips with softly flowing fabric, more often chiffon. But when choosing this style, it should be borne in mind that a veil does not fit it — you will have to focus on the hairstyle and use a wreath or diadem.
- A‑line wedding dress. The skirt in this outfit gradually expands downwards. It will suit absolutely all girls — thin and full, tall and short. In addition, here you do not have to wear an uncomfortable petticoat with rings — tulle petticoats are more suitable for this dress, which look more natural and do not interfere with dancing and walking.
How to choose a wedding dress depending on the length?
As you know, both long and short outfits are in fashion today.
- It is better to choose a long wedding dress so that it is a couple of centimeters shorter than the floor level. Then it will be comfortable to walk and dance in it. Exceptions are dresses with a long train dragging along the floor, but even in such dresses the front is usually made shorter.
- When choosing a short outfit, you must be sure of the impeccability of your figure, in particular, the shape of your legs, as it will definitely give it away. Can-can style dresses look very original — short in front and long in the back. At the same time, their train is often unfastened, so that it is convenient to dance.
How to choose the color of a wedding dress?
Today in wedding salons you can find both classic snow-white outfits or ivory or champagne dresses that have become so popular, as well as the most unusual colors. The most trendy this season are the outfits of these colors:
- black, as well as black and white;
- red and its shades;
- blue, aquamarine, blue.
If you don’t dare to choose an unconventional hue, or can’t decide what color to choose for your wedding dress, opt for white or ivory. At the same time, keep in mind that a snow-white outfit is ideal for the “winter” color type or close to it, and ivory for everyone else.