A wedding dance
The wedding of children is one of the most exciting and important events for parents. Perhaps even more significant than for the newlyweds themselves. On this day, parents let their children go on a free joint flight through life.
It is very important to show your parents on the day of your marriage your love and tenderness, respect and admiration. And the dance of young spouses with parents is one of the ways to express filial/daughter feelings.
Groom’s dance with mom
This is one of the most important moments of the wedding, the same as the first dance of the newlyweds. It must express the strength of the bonds between mother and child, the feelings that continue to bind them, despite the beginning of an adult, independent life. Mom gives her son into the hands of her beloved wife, and the son must show his mother all his tenderness and gratitude for the years of warmth and support.
This dance evokes tenderness, nostalgia for carefree childhood and youth.
When choosing a performance style, do not forget that your mother is not a young girl, it is already difficult for her to dance a lot. Ask your mom what kind of dance she likes. Usually it is a slow waltz to beautiful music.
But other options are also possible.
- Cool dance to songs from cartoons. You can write a small script for the performance yourself, make a funny and touching show.
- Energetic dance under potpourri from incendiary mixes. There is no need for complex movements, it is enough to learn a few simple dance steps and rehearse them.
- Mixed style of performance — at first a slow dance to a lyrical composition, then a sharp transition to a passionate tango or any other exciting dance. A well-prepared number will cause a storm of delight.
- Your mother in her youth, most likely, loved to dance to folk songs — give her pleasure, learn her favorite dance (if this does not contradict the style of the whole celebration).
- The best option is to dance to a song of your own composition and performance (ideally). You will be able to express in your own words the depth of your feelings for your mother — the woman who raised you from the cradle, raised you, experienced with you and for you all your failures and mistakes. If you are unsure of your voice or self-control at the celebration, record your song in advance and ask the toastmaster to include it in the banquet program.
You can invite a specialist choreographer to stage this, of course, beautiful and touching dance, or you can try to do it yourself.
Benefits of calling a specialist:
- he will be able to assess the strengths and weaknesses of you as dance partners;
- advise musical compositions and style of performance;
- pick up the right moves and learn them with you.
The disadvantages include the cost of his services. In a situation where the budget of the festival is limited, of course, it is better to manage on your own.
It is best to prepare and rehearse this performance in advance in order to avoid unpleasant surprises.
When preparing, pay attention to the following factors:
- suitable musical composition;
- banquet hall flooring material;
- mother’s outfit
- photo and video filming of the wedding.
First of all, of course, you need to choose a song composition to which you will dance with your mother.
An ideal option for a slow dance would be a thematic composition about mom. You can choose from a list.
- B. Takhtakhunov — “Thank you, mom.”
- A. Maklakov “Mom’s eyes”.
- E. Martynov “Gratitude to mothers.”
- M. Zadorin “Mom”.
- R. Karimov — “Thank you, mom.”
- Bon Jovi — Thank you for loving me.
- Elvis Presley — “The Wonder of You”
- Any other — there are a great many songs about mother in any language of the world. Perhaps you and your mother have a common favorite song, then the problem of choosing a composition does not exist at all.
For an energetic dance to a potpourri of hits from different years, look for compositions on the Internet, choose the right one and learn the necessary dance figures.
When choosing a folk dance, consult with your parents — they understand this better than the younger generation. Ask your father to show you the dance moves.
It would be ideal to start rehearsals long before the celebration, because the last days before it are too hectic and crammed to the limit with all sorts of deeds and worries.. You can do this at home, but try to rehearse at least a couple of times in wedding clothes and shoes in the banquet hall where the celebration will take place in order to assess the interaction of shoes and floor — is it too slippery, squeaks and the like.
The mother’s outfit for the wedding celebration should be comfortable and beautiful, designed in the style of the wedding itself, but not like the outfit of a young bride. Too wide sleeves will mask the movements of the hands, and the narrowed silhouette of the dress will hinder movement.
Try to dance in such a way that photo and video operators have the most favorable shooting angle. The ideal option would be if you consult with them about this before the celebration.
A great idea would be a background slide show of your childhood photos.
How to choose the right moment?
Sometimes the dance of the young spouse with his mother is announced immediately after the dance of the newlyweds. Often, a solemn wedding banquet is divided into three parts: the first is opened by the bride and groom, the second by the groom and mother, and the third by the bride and her father. Consult with the manager — the toastmaster of the celebration, he, as a professional with extensive experience, should choose the perfect option.
What can be said in the end? Dare, create, choose what you like — this is your day! Express all your feelings in dance! Both to the bride and to the mother.
You will see a beautiful and energetic dance of the son and mother at the wedding in the next video.