Many people buy an artificial bouquet for a wedding. Someone just likes such decorations more, and someone uses them as a replacement for the main bouquet. After all, fresh flowers wither pretty quickly or simply turn out to be heavy for the girl’s hands. An affordable and beautiful accessory made of artificial flowers can be bought in wedding salons, or you can make it yourself.
Pros and cons of “inanimate” composition
Some of the couples are afraid to buy a bride’s bouquet of artificial flowers for the wedding, believing that this is a bad omen. However, most believe that this is just prejudice.
This accessory has a lot of advantages.
- Such beauty will look very good, that is, it will not fade during the wedding day. He can endure both heat and cold. In addition, for many years such an accessory will remind the girl of the best day in her life.
- Artificial flowers are available in different shapes and colors. In addition, do not worry that your favorite plants do not grow at this time — you can make artificial decorations with your own hands at any time of the year.
- In addition, such a bouquet is perfect for those couples who have allergies.
However, such an accessory also has disadvantages.
- Not every bouquet is made from fabric or paper. Today you can find compositions made of ribbons, beads and even shells. Of course, such bouquets will be quite original. However, throwing them at the end of the wedding to the girls will not work. Indeed, in the end, he will either shatter into pieces, or injure one of the participants in the wedding.
- In addition, the quality of artificial flowers is of great importance in such a bouquet. After all, a cheap bouquet will be completely inappropriate. And you don’t always want to spend your wedding budget on something more expensive. Therefore, in some cases it is better to buy fresh flowers.
Types of materials
Now you can do flowers from various materials.
- The most popular options are satin, ribbons, guipure, silk, cotton and other similar materials.
- Different types of paper. This applies to both shades and textures. For example, quite beautiful bouquets are obtained from matte or corrugated paper.
- Recently, knitted flowers have become very popular, which are most often used for winter weddings.
- And even original artificial feathers can decorate the floral base.
- Sweet bouquets made from sweets are popular.
- You can even purchase a bouquet made of polymer clay or felt.
- In addition, various jewelry, buttons or beads are used for decoration.
- Bouquets of shells are suitable for a marine-themed wedding.
To make the bouquet unusual and beautiful, you can combine different materials in it. However, do not be zealous when compiling a wedding bouquet. For example, you can combine artificial roses with lots of stones or rhinestones.
In addition, the color combination is very important. For example, you can make a white and pink bouquet that will show how feminine and tender the bride is. It will also show her purity and sincerity.
For bright personalities, a raspberry or red bouquet is perfect. It can be supplemented with some decorative elements, such as small beads or rhinestones. The combination of red and white flowers looks beautiful.
Bouquets with blue flowers will look pretty nice. They can be made up of wildflowers or chrysanthemums. A pale blue bouquet will attract attention with its freshness, and if white flowers are added to the composition, it will immediately become light and airy.
And there are a lot of such ideas. That is why almost every girl can compose a composition to her liking.
There are several options for making bouquets. All these ideas are actively used by florists.
For example, if a girl chose a dress with a train, then she should pay attention to the cascading bouquet. It will help not only to complement the image, but also to balance it. To create such a bouquet, you can use artificial roses or tulips, orchids are also suitable.
A small bouquet of artificial lilies of the valley is suitable for almost any wedding. It will be combined with any version of the dress, as well as with different accessories.
For a classic style, a bouquet made up of artificial roses is suitable. It will perfectly harmonize with a dress of a simple cut. In addition, such a bouquet will emphasize the beauty of the girl.
Do not forget about colorful bouquets. This option is suitable for those brides who want to create a luxurious wedding and do not know what to choose.
Artificial bouquets can be made by hand. This will not only significantly reduce costs, but also give a huge scope for experimentation.
To create such a bouquet, you will need the following materials:
- porta bouquet;
- a semicircle made of foam;
- light-colored lace;
- guipure ribbon;
- the braid is also of a light tone;
- ribbon made of rhinestones;
- satin ribbons of different colors;
- a thread.
- first you need to get everything out of the port bag and cut it out so that only the ribs remain;
- then smear a semicircle with glue in the very center and pierce it with the help of ribs;
- after that, the leg must be wrapped with a satin ribbon;
- from lace you need to cut a circle that will be slightly larger than a semicircle of foam, you need to make a hole in it, into which the leg should pass;
- it must be threaded into it and glued to the foam all the details, while bending them in the opposite direction;
- after that, the leg must also be wrapped with a ribbon made of guipure;
- then you need to take a light braid and decorate a semicircle with it, fixing it around the legs with glue;
- the edge of the leg must be greased with glue and wrapped around it with a ribbon of rhinestones;
- meanwhile, from multi-colored satin ribbons, you need to make small flowers and glue them over a semicircle.
A bouquet for a beautiful bride is ready.
For those brides who want to add some zest when creating their image, you can make a bouquet in this style. That is, to assemble it from ribbons and various decorations. It can be ordered in special stores, or you can make it right at home.
This technique originated in Japan. It was used to create flowers that fixed the hair. And only a few years ago, according to this principle, they began to create bouquets for brides. After all, in the end they look very gentle and harmonious.
First you need to make the base for the bouquet. To do this, you can use a frozen mounting foam, or simply crumple the newspapers into a circle and wrap them with strong threads, pre-coated with glue.
In order to be able to attach the handle to the base, it is necessary to cut off a small layer of the finished ball with a knife. In its middle, you need to make a hole of 3–5 centimeters. The handle itself can be made from sushi sticks.
They must be placed in the center of the ball, which must first be smeared with glue. After the glue has dried, the sticks must be wrapped very tightly with a rope. From above it is necessary to wrap everything with a rather wide satin ribbon, while gluing it to the base. The edge of the ribbon can be attached with a beautiful large brooch or bead.
After that, you can start making flowers. To do this, you need to take two types of tapes, which should be of different widths. One should be 60 millimeters in size, the second — 20 millimeters. And you will also need beads or rhinestones, brooches and linen fabric.
Next, you need to determine how many flowers the bouquet will consist of. Then you need to draw the same number of circles. After that, they must be carefully cut and rolled into a conical tube. Then each blank must be stitched.
Next, you need to take the tape, which is narrower, and bending the edge, attach it to the folded tube so that it does not reach the edge of the workpiece, and sew along the contour. Then you can begin to form the petals. You need to impose them at a right angle and immediately you need to sew each one. When the first 4 petals are ready, the rest must be sewn at any angle. So you need to do to the very edge of the cone, and the end of the tape must be sewn to the workpiece from the wrong side.
In order for the bouquet to be fuller and more beautiful, it must be made from different types of flowers. If the first version of the blank turned out in the form of a bud, then the second version should be an open rose or peony.
To make it, you need to take a tape that will be wider, and then fold it twice, while making a bend of up to 4 millimeters. The base must be attached with a pin. After that, you need to take the part of the tape that is bent, and begin to fold the bud at any angle. Then the tape is taken again and folded to the end at an angle of 30 degrees. At the end of the work, the entire flower must be stitched from the wrong side.
When all the flowers are ready, you can start assembling the bouquet itself. To do this, you need pins with beads at the end. They need to attach each bud to the base. You need to do this so that it turns out beautiful and uniform. After that, in addition, it can be decorated with both beads and beads or other decorative elements.
Wedding bouquets made of artificial flowers are quite diverse. If you look at them, you may not notice the differences from the real ones. After all, modern technologies make it possible to make them practically “alive”.
A bouquet made of satin ribbons will look very beautiful and modern. The combination of different colors allows you to use such a bouquet for weddings in different styles. In addition, such a bouquet will be light, which is very important for the bride. Each flower is decorated with beads of different sizes, which are combined with each other.
You can take ready-made artificial roses. For example, cream and pink flowers look quite harmonious. You can dilute them with sprigs of small white flowers. Such a bouquet will only emphasize the tenderness and beauty of the bride.
Having considered all the examples, we can conclude: an artificial bouquet will perfectly replace the real one if necessary and will perfectly complement the bride’s outfit. Do not believe in prejudice; choose what you like, not what others advise.
How to make a cascading wedding bouquet, see the following video.