For every girl, the process of preparing for her own wedding is very important. She tries to foresee everything so that the celebration turns out to be perfect and unique, the one she dreamed about since childhood. Particular attention is paid to the image of the bride and all the necessary accessories.
Features of choosing a bouquet
As a rule, you want to make a set of accessories non-standard and impress the guests with a dress, a veil and a bridal bouquet. Wedding flowers are chosen as carefully as all other accessories. They must certainly be in harmony with the bride’s outfit and be not only luxurious, but also symbolic. Each type of flower has its own meaning and is collected in a bouquet with a special meaning. Therefore, the bride values her wedding bouquet so much and sometimes does not want to part with it at all for the sake of traditions.
The hand does not rise to throw into the crowd of unmarried girlfriends a masterpiece of floristry, which took so long and painstakingly to get out and gather for the most important day. The creation of an understudy bouquet for the newlywed is becoming relevant. It is needed just in order to observe all the traditions, give one of the girlfriends the chance of an early marriage and keep the treasured wedding bouquet intact.
Appointment of a duplicated bouquet
The idea to create a second bouquet for the newlywed was born due to the development of two popular wedding traditions. The first came to us from the West, when the bride at the end of the celebration has to part with the bouquet, leaving it to unmarried friends. We owe the second to the Old Slavonic ritual, according to which it is customary to dry a bouquet from a wedding and save it in the name of family happiness. According to an old belief, the bride should keep all accessories from the wedding as a talisman.
To implement these two traditions at a wedding, only one bouquet is not enough. Therefore, a duplicate is needed. Even if the bride does not plan to store flowers after the celebration, a replacement bouquet will not be superfluous. After all, the original bouquet may not reach the girlfriends, scattering in flight. Or it will turn out to be too heavy and inadvertently cause injury to one of the guests. A replacement bouquet is made light and durable, but no less beautiful. The lucky woman who caught it will gladly keep it as a tribute to tradition. You can do without additional bouquets, but it is simply necessary in such cases:
- the original bouquet has a complex structure, like a bag with flowers or a basket;
- the base of the bouquet is weighted with decorations;
- the flower arrangement is loosely folded and weakly fixed;
- the bouquet can be dangerous for others;
- flowers in the composition can stain guests’ clothes with pollen;
- in the cold season, when fresh flowers may not last until the end of the celebration;
- if the newlyweds planned to celebrate the wedding for more than one day;
- just in case.
The bride does not have to walk everywhere with a false bouquet. To ensure its safety, you can “entrust” the bridesmaid or the witness. Then he will always be at hand and will not burden the newlywed during the celebration. However, the composition for the replacement bouquet must be chosen identical or completely duplicate the original.
Before you order a duplicate from a florist or make it yourself, you need to decide what it should be. Taking into account the necessary materials, the preparation of the flower accessory begins. This usually takes into account the value of the shade of flowers and the symbolism of each type of vegetation in the bouquet. For example, if you want to demonstrate the sincerity of feelings, roses will do, and white lilies will eloquently speak of innocence.
Bouquets-understudies can be as follows.
- An exact copy of the original flower arrangement. This is the simplest and most convenient solution. When ordering, you only need to specify that the bouquet is made in the amount of two absolutely identical copies.
- An artificial analogue of the “live” original. This option is ideal for a winter wedding or a long outdoor photo shoot during the cold season. Fresh flowers will remain for the ceremony at the registry office and the celebration at the restaurant. A duplicate will fly to the guests, and fresh flowers will amuse the newlywed’s eyes a little more.
- A mini copy of the bride’s bouquet. A great solution if the main bouquet is too massive or heavy to throw, but you want to keep the similarity as much as possible.
- artificial bouquet a symbolic gift for one of the girlfriends of the newlywed. Of course, the one who can catch him. The lucky woman will be able to keep it as a talisman or even use it at her own wedding as a bridal bouquet.
- Bouquets from the category of hand made suitable for creative and creative brides. Indeed, why create a copy of the original, if there is an opportunity to give free rein to your imagination and reveal your abilities for needlework. A self-made bouquet of foamiran, ribbons, sequins or real fresh flowers will look no worse than an expensive designer item.
- Bouquet with sweets and paper flowers. For him, you need to choose not heavy sweets, because he will have to be thrown into a crowd of fragile girls. Such a bouquet can not be stored in its entirety, having treated itself with edible ingredients as a pleasant bonus.
- From tulle and lace. Lush product to replace the traditional bouquet. Almost weightless and graceful flowers are created from airy fabrics. Such a composition is not terrible even with a strong throw. Fabric flowers will easily fall into the hands of a lucky bridesmaid from the crowd.
When deciding to make a bouquet in person, it is recommended to look at photos of finished compositions in magazines, on thematic wedding and floristic sites on the Internet, and consider samples in floristry salons. There are no special restrictions in the process of creating bouquets. You can go to the trick and please several friends at once by creating a bouquet that breaks up into several separate identical compositions in flight. His secret is simple: you will need to untie just one ribbon holding the flowers together before throwing.
Artificial analogues of natural flowers will be a real salvation if the bride is allergic to pollen. Or she prefers to grow flowers and cannot stand the sight of cut stems, advocating the preservation of the gifts of nature. To create fabric flowers, you do not need special skills of a craftswoman or seamstress. Detailed tutorials are available online. And tools such as needles, threads, glue and wire are sure to be found in every girl’s house. A little effort, and a real man-made masterpiece is ready.
You can complete the composition in a different style.
- Retro. Flowers are combined with decor popular in past decades.
- Vintage. Fabric petals and lace ribbons, velvet, feathers and pearls.
- Classic. Silk or satin ribbons, minimalist, calm design, round shape.
- Sea style. The use of white and blue tones, striped ribbons and decor related to the theme.
- Bohemian. Natural gifts as a complement to flowers: sprigs of berries, decorative insects, cones, leaves.
- Art Deco. Catchy jewelry in the form of brooches, asymmetry, strands of pearls, sprigs of greenery.
- Country. Red and blue colors at the heart of the composition. Denim, twine, burlap, artificial field plants.
Depending on the style in which the wedding celebration is planned, the bride’s bouquet is selected. Of course, the country composition will look out of place with a classic dress with a train and a traditional puffy veil. If you can’t match the accessory and the outfit on your own, it’s better to resort to the help of stylists. Or consult with a friend who is competent in this matter.
Independent production of a bride’s bouquet is not just a manifestation of creative inclinations, but also a solid savings in the wedding budget. Flower arrangements are not cheap, and if you still order copies of them, then the costs double. Master classes can help with the manufacture of a piece floral masterpiece. Detailed instructions will give you the opportunity not only to prove yourself, but to learn something new, perhaps discover a new hobby.
Bouquet of foamiran or revelure
Outwardly and tactilely, this material resembles suede, but is endowed with greater plasticity. It can be heated and reshaped. Even the warmth of the hands is enough for the pliable petals to take the desired shape. After cooling, the given shape will be preserved. The material is easy to cut and paint. For this, pastel crayons or ordinary acrylic paints are suitable.
In needlework stores, ready-made colored revelers in sheets are sold inexpensively. Even amateurs will be able to create an uncomplicated flower arrangement. A do-it-yourself version of foamiran will turn out to be much cheaper than a ready-made analogue offered by skilled craftswomen on specialized wedding sites. A little perseverance and imagination, and a unique wedding bouquet will please the eye.
To work with foamiran you will need:
- revelure in sheets;
- glue gun with silicone;
- hole puncher;
- workpiece — a ball;
- tapes per meter;
From foamiran you can get completely different types of flowers: peonies, roses, lilies. What will turn out the most will be the most successful option for independent work on creating a bouquet. It remains to determine which flowers will suit the image, and try revelure in action. A stylish, extravagant double bouquet will emphasize the image of the bride from the favorable side. It is important to think over the weight of the composition, its harmonious combination with the rest of the accessories and the wedding dress.
For information on how to make an understudy bouquet for the bride, see the following video.