Wedding photo session
A wedding photo shoot is a very important and responsible event, without which not a single celebration can do. It is very important that she become truly romantic, original and beautiful — after all, it is photographs that keep the memory of the most important event in the life of a family — marriage.
Beautiful poses for photo shoots
To begin with, it is worth talking about the poses of the young — they should look romantic, but at the same time natural. When organizing a photo session, you should pay special attention to the following interesting options:
- hands — young people can go hand in hand, however, variations are possible, for example, a young spouse leads his beloved under the elbow; such poses are especially good in dynamics;
- support — in this case, the man stands a little behind his beloved, supports her by the shoulders and gently kisses her cheek or temple;
- the center of the artistic composition — while the young groom looks directly into the camera, and the bride is kept slightly in a semi-profile, leaning a little on the shoulder of her partner.
It’s better for the groom to put his palms in his pockets — this way it will be possible to avoid excessive caricature and unnecessary broken corners and lines that will look bad in the frame;
- in his arms — a classic shot when a newly-made husband carries his wife in his arms, but in this case, you need to take into account the features of the bride’s outfit; if the dress is very magnificent, then classical support will be appropriate, when one arm of the young man wraps around the waist of his partner, and the other holds her under her knees, but if the dress is made in the Mermaid style or a slightly fitted silhouette, then it makes sense to lift the girl vertically.
Interesting! If the young people have a good sense of humor, then the bride can be completely thrown over her shoulder.
Be sure to take a few shots when the young ones are sitting. At the same time, you can also sit in different ways, namely:
- loved ones look very good side by side, this option is optimal for a wedding photoset, as well as in nature — on a swing, on the river bank or embankment;
- a fairly popular plot is a tilt, in this case, the young people tilt their heads slightly towards each other, turning to the camera;
- levels are a stylish trick; the bride usually sits, and the young groom stands behind her, or in another way — the groom is on the bench, the young wife is located right at his feet.
Traditionally, photos from the wedding celebration capture kisses. Kisses in the pictures can be modest, hidden by a fan, veil or sideboard, or they can be passionate — but in this case it is important to keep the line exactly so that the passion in the frames does not turn into obscenity. It is worth paying attention to the following options:
- the most classic angle is kissing on the lips — usually young people freeze for a few seconds before touching their lips and at that moment the photographer “catches” them;
- kisses on the cheek, as well as on the crown or forehead look very gentle and reverent — while it will be much better if a man starts kissing;
- the picture looks very elegant and reverent when the young bride stands on tiptoe and reaches for a kiss to her beloved.
Such shots are especially good if the young man is much taller than his companion.
Important! Each photographer tries to make his client as beautiful as possible. However, it will be more correct if you yourself determine your successful angle.
At the same time, professionals recommend focusing on the tip of the nose — for this you need to look in which direction it is directed. Usually it is almost imperceptible, but if you look carefully, you can still guess the favorable direction.
Another topical issue is how to position the hands in the photographs. To make young people look more tender and romantic, you need to follow the following tips:
- when the frame is designed to capture hugs, then usually the spouse’s hands are located on the young woman’s waist, and the girl holds her beloved by the neck;
- the option looks good, in which the arms slightly bent at the elbows touch the forearms of the partner;
- if the spouses hold each other’s hands, then you do not need to interlace your fingers — the pictures in which the man and woman barely touch with their palms look very tender;
- a very good option is when a strong and strong hand of a man supports the tender and fragile fingers of the bride;
- when the picture is profile, a woman often puts her hand on the shoulder of her companion, or a man raises the palms of his beloved wife, depicting a gallant kiss.
Properly selected poses are only part of the success of a wedding photo shoot, and the other part that determines the real atmosphere and energy of the shots is the views of the young. Option — it’s eye to eye or in one direction. Such shots always look solemn and gentle. A winning shot is one in which the bride is looking straight into the lens while her man is looking at her lovingly. Or, on the contrary, photographs turn out well when the man looks directly into the camera, and the bride throws a playful look over her shoulder.
Separately, it is worth dwelling on poses that should not be used for the first joint photo shoot of young spouses.
- Forget about such beaten cliches as a bride in the palm of your hand — such games with dimensions often look rather ridiculous.
If you want to get a photo with humor, it is better to play with facial expressions.
- Many people love photos in a jump. In fact, this is not a very good idea, more often than not, instead of the expected effect of flying, you get an unnatural pose and a distorted face.
- Well, the reception, when the bride pulls her groom by the tie, is also a thing of the past. A more stylish and elegant frame will look when a girl straightens a boutonniere on the lapel of her jacket or brushes off an invisible speck of dust from it.
All of these poses look good in both winter and summer, so feel free to include them in your photo report. However, remember the main thing — you must be natural, your memory is your feelings and emotions, which create that incredible atmosphere of this wonderful day.
Choosing a place for photography
Location for wedding photography is very important. In the morning, it is better for a girl to take pictures in some bright hotel, it is desirable that the windows in the room be to the floor — it looks truly luxurious and exciting.
As for paired shots, try to avoid templates. Every wedding should be unique. Selecting the best backdrops in each case should be done on an individual basis, depending on the style of the event, the bride’s attire and the personal preferences of the couple.
For example, if the newlyweds love a certain style of music, then you can arrange a photo shoot for them near the wall with graffiti. An observation deck with a view of the city will also become a good area — it will emphasize the height of the relationship of lovers.
You should consider in more detail the actual places for photography.
- Old manor. This is a rather original solution, which, no doubt, will suit young people — this is a solemn photo session in the premises of an old manor, a destroyed temple or a museum. The special style and decor of such places will add a unique charm to photographs, create a unique atmosphere, emphasize the beauty of the couple and seem to take the newlyweds many centuries ago.
Antique pieces of furniture, as well as paintings and patina, can be a stunning backdrop for the best and most memorable shots.
- Parks and squares. Parks do not lose their popularity as wedding photo zones, and they are relevant at any time of the year — luxurious blooming, golden or covered with snow-white cover — this is a classic of wedding photography, which is ideal for romantic and tender shots. Young spouses can go deep into the park, sit in a cozy gazebo or take pictures against the backdrop of busy paths. If you blur foreign objects a little, the frames can turn out to be really stylish.
Photographs in an amusement park look very good, especially if they are taken in the evening under unusual lighting.
- Sea shore. Probably, nothing can be more romantic than a seascape — white clean sand, golden beaches, high foamy waves and endless blue make pictures of lovers incredibly romantic, they create an extraordinary feeling of lightness, freedom and real tenderness. The shots taken at dawn look great — at this time, the picture changing every minute allows you to take many interesting, beautiful, romantic and at the same time different shots.
It will be great if you find a wooden pier, however, and the rocky coast can create an unusual atmosphere, so the choice of background should be approached as carefully as possible.
- In field. Pictures in the rural wilderness are always win-win, and this is not surprising. The rural landscape creates its own special atmosphere, rustic shots come out well. At the same time, there are quite a few options for good pictures — it can be a walk through a field with golden wheat, a horseback ride, touching photos with funny chickens, ducklings, a dog or rabbits. Quite stylish images of sheaves of harvested hay are obtained.
- At the pond. A pond or a river can become an adornment of any wedding frame. Young people who stand on the river bank in an embrace always look touching and cute. Shots with reeds are especially atmospheric, but city water bodies also look no worse — usually such places are equipped with bridges and landscape figures, so they can be an ideal solution for photo shoots.
- On a yacht. For those newlyweds who want to emphasize their style, luxurious lifestyle and wealth, elegant frames on a yacht will be the best choice. The water transport site, the natural landscape and the city background, slightly blurred in the background, make the photo shoot really expensive and sensual.
- On the roof of skyscrapers. Photographs taken on the roof of high-rise buildings look very romantic and unhackneyed. Of course, you need to choose a place in advance — the roof must be safe and comfortable. It is advisable to choose a building located in the very center of the city, as a rule, they offer a magnificent view.
And, of course, make sure that the climb to the roof is clean — keep in mind that if young people have to climb dirty stairs, then this is unlikely to decorate their appearance.
When conducting a wedding photo session, special attention should be paid to the preparation of accessories. It is worth considering in more detail what they can be.
- False glasses, lips and mustache. Lips, as well as mustaches and glasses on sticks, are a very popular technique that is widely used in holiday photography. You just need to attach such an accessory to your face, and instead of a boring beaten frame, you will get a very cheerful and funny photo with your own unique character. It is noteworthy that all invitees can safely take part in such a photo shoot — even the most serious and strict people are unlikely to be able to resist the opportunity to fool around a bit in an atmosphere of complete emancipation of unbridled fun. In addition to mustaches, at the first family holiday photo shoot, you can use carnival masks and crowns — shots taken in this way are unusual, bright and understandable.
Photo props make the shooting process more diverse and give the shots a special charm and harmony.
- Nimbus and angel wings. This is a very atmospheric accessory. Usually, large and very voluminous wings are used for pictures, which are made using real feathers or artificial analogues. Such a stylish addition to the bride’s dress will turn her into a real heavenly messenger, and the frames will look good in any place and in any weather. Wings can be accompanied by flowers in hair, delicate make-up and a dress that flutters in the wind. It is best to carry out such photography in nature, and it also looks harmoniously at weddings in a fabulous style. Depending on the general design, the spouse can turn into a fairy, an elf or a good angel.
It will be great if you prepare small wings from the children invited to the event — this will make the atmosphere even more fabulous and magical.
- Framework. A few years ago, frames burst into the top wedding photography trends. This attribute always brings its own special mood and style to a photo project. For example, a frame with gilding would be appropriate for a vintage-style celebration, and a wooden one would be optimal for an event decorated in accordance with the canons of rusticism.
- Tantamaresque. Very funny shots are made using cardboard or plastic small stands, where holes for faces are cut out. In the pictures, you can thus try on the outfit of aristocrats, superheroes, pirates, fairy-tale characters and many others. Stylish details can give color — for example, a shot always looks advantageous when the groom paints a portrait of his bride with a brush, or vice versa.
- Volumetric letters. Large letters that can be combined into words are always popular on wedding shoots. The most common inscription is, of course, LOVE. These kinds of words are good absolutely everywhere. They are placed in the photo zone, near the sweet table, near the place where young people and others sit.
- Big flowers. Paper flowers represent real harmony and sophistication. Usually they set off the stylish outfit of the bride and groom and are a symbol of eternal youth. If desired, you can make several flowers and decorate the entire photo zone with them.
- Umbrella. One of the latest trends has become pictures in which the spouses hold unusual hand-painted umbrellas in their hands. At the same time, the inscriptions, as a rule, are made personal so that they can reflect the feelings of the bride and groom for each other, their oaths and promises.
- Paper background. You can create a stylish wedding photo backdrop from ordinary crepe paper. To do this, it is cut in the form of ribbons and connected into a kind of curtain. Usually such compositions are made multicolored, in which case they harmoniously emphasize the general atmosphere of the holiday.
Usually both guests and young people like to pose near such a colorful background, and the shots are bright and chic.
We take into account the weather
When conducting a photo session, it is worth considering the vagaries of the weather. If you are doing a photo shoot in the winter, of course, the photo of the newly-married wife against the backdrop of a snow-white carpet looks really amazing. At the same time, it should be understood that in large cities it is almost impossible to find beautiful snow, in order to make high-quality shots you will have to travel far beyond the metropolis. In addition, severe frosts often occur in winter, and the bride, as a rule, is dressed in a light, airy dress. Therefore, at best, photographers will capture the red nose and ears of the girl, and at worst, the weather will cause the young people to fall ill. Of course, you can create several shots on the street, but the main photoset is best done under the roof.
However, the choice of premises should be approached consciously. It can be a winter garden, a restaurant or another building with an interesting interior.
On warm and dry days, you should give preference to natural landscapes — shots look good on the shore of a reservoir, in a park or square, as well as against the backdrop of some iconic sights of the city. But autumn is not just considered one of the best seasons for a wedding. After all, nature, filled with all shades of gold, burgundy and yellow, creates incredibly beautiful and quite atmospheric backgrounds.
However, the weather is very unstable — if the sun is shining now, then it is not a fact that in an hour the city will not be covered by a downpour. If you’re planning on shooting outdoors, it’s worth considering alternative options beforehand. However, a good photographer, most likely, will be able to beat even the sudden onset of rain and make very interesting shots.
For example, if the rain caught you during a photo shoot in the park, then you can hide under the crown of sprawling trees or in a cozy gazebo and continue taking pictures. And you can portray a romantic in the rain — of course, the dress and hair will get wet, but the atmosphere of the pictures will be indescribable.
If young spouses are planning some unusual photo shoot, then it is better to move away from the usual city routes and arrange shooting in interesting places.
- Bowling. If young people like to play this game, then you can take a few shots in which they will do their favorite thing. This will not only be an ideal alternative to traditional shooting, but will also give spouses a lot of fun memories and create an atmosphere of unbridled fun and excitement.
- Railway. Very original and stylish shots are taken in the countryside near the railway tracks, such shots look atmospheric and in some ways even symbolic.
- Busy highway. Always win-win views, which depict cars rushing somewhere, people in a hurry, neon signs of shops and real posters — and in the middle of this whole race are lovers who calmly and confidently hold hands. As a rule, such pictures are very stylish and spectacular.
Sports photo session
Many couples today are moving away from the usual standards of wedding photography and trying to capture sincere and lively emotions. A great idea would be a photo session on skates. Young people, merrily and carefree skating in their solemn attire, look quite amusing, but at the same time romantic. A photo session on skis or a sleigh can also be a rather bold, but effective solution.
Of course, the young people will have to change clothes, but the main details of the wedding attire — the veil, boutonniere and the bride’s bouquet can be left — rest assured, the pictures will turn out to be truly amazing.
Winter is not the only opportunity to make stylish original shots. In the summer, a rather interesting idea would be a photo shoot in the water. It can be shots in large water balls or even underwater. Photographs in which young people jump from the pier into the abyss of water or stand knee-deep in water look very stylish and bold.
Keep in mind that in this case, the bride and groom will need a spare outfit.
The shots in the trunk of a car are very funny, for example, when young people kiss in the trunk of a car, and even funnier are the pictures where the bride and groom will pose in the back of a truck, which, it would seem, is not at all suitable for a wedding photo.
Beautiful shots can be taken on your native street or forest path — take a picture on bicycles, mopeds and motorcycles, most likely they will be expressive, atmospheric and dynamic. Pictures with parents and children are very good if the couple already has them. You can take pictures of young people in colored smoke: lilac, pink, orange — such shots are obtained as if cut out of some kind of saga about wizards and wonderful heroes.
To learn how to prepare for a wedding photo shoot, see the following video.