It is pleasant for any person to receive a bouquet and a box of chocolates as a gift. A bouquet of sweets will cause not just joy, but surprise and sincere admiration, especially if it is presented on the wedding day. After reading this article, you will be able to choose a worthy bouquet for a wedding celebration and learn how to make a sweet bouquet with your own hands as a wedding gift for a bride.
Types of candy compositions
The art of making candy bouquets is a sweet design, one of the most famous trends in floristry. Types of sweet compositions are not much different from compositions of fresh flowers.
Welcome the brave and non-standard solutions:
- contrasting colors;
- bright juicy shades;
- decorative inserts from ribbons, artificial fruits, beads, butterflies, dragonflies;
- cones, nuts, Christmas decorations, cinnamon sticks, anise stars, tangerines are attached to winter bouquets;
- for a wedding celebration, plaster figurines of doves and angels are placed in the composition;
- use finishing materials of different textures: felt, floral organza, lace.
Bouquets are colorful, each detail looks interesting in its own way, but does not stand out from the overall composition. The basis for this type of work can be a flower porter, a wicker basket, a hat box, a glass, a vase.
These are voluminous and lush compositions. Contrast and variety of shades are rarely used. Works in one color scheme look very gentle. Flowers are close to each other. The bouquet looks like a big fluffy hat. Decorative elements are not used. The composition should look natural. All beauty is in the volume and light negligence created by the hands of the master. This bouquet is a great gift for any occasion. To create a composition, a basket, a hat box, a porta box are suitable.
Bouquets are decorated with natural materials. Use:
- snags and twigs;
- tree bark;
- dried fruits;
- dried flowers;
- shells and stones;
The compositions look very unusual. If you are going to a celebration in a rustic or eco-style, choosing such a bouquet is the right decision. Compositions are made on massive glasses or home-made foam bases, decorated with suitable material.
In this type of composition, plants of a strictly defined length are used, which are placed both horizontally and vertically at a certain slope. There are works in the form of a crescent, an asymmetric triangle, bouquets in the form of the letter S. The basis for such compositions is low wicker bread baskets, decorative plates, vases. Often, girls order a cascading bouquet for a wedding, which always favorably emphasizes the beauty of a wedding dress. A handmade cascading bouquet for the bride is formed on a porta bouquet holder.
In the form of candy compositions and bouquets are:
- symmetrical and asymmetrical;
- one-sided, where there are frontal and “rear” parts.
Decorative compositions can be of any shape. There are sweet bouquets in the form of hearts, balloons, ships, houses, butterflies, animals, musical instruments. Having decided on the type of bouquet, you can make a purchase.
Do not rush to buy a gift on the Internet. You can order work from a well-known suite designer, but there is no guarantee that the post office or courier service will deliver your order in the proper form: candy compositions are a very fragile thing. You can buy a sweet bouquet in your city. Take a look at pastry shops, handmade gift studios, and florist shops.
Choosing a bouquet, you will be able to appreciate the beauty and quality of the gift. Be sure to ask about the expiration date of the candy. If possible, ask to see the candy certificate. Check how securely fixed the details in the composition. If the bouquet falls apart in the hands of the bride, it will be very unpleasant.
You can make a wedding bouquet of sweets for the bride yourself. It is enough to stock up on patience, the necessary materials and tools. You will need:
- thermal gun and rods for it 15–20 pcs.;
- skewers and toothpicks;
- floral wire;
- stationery knife;
- pliers, with which it is convenient to insert flowers on toothpicks into the composition.
And you will also need materials for work.
- corrugated paper made in Italy with a density of 180 grams. You can buy it in shops for creativity and needlework, at floristic bases and in flower shops. Don’t confuse crepe paper with crepe paper, which is available in every office supply store. It is not suitable for suite design.
- Penoplex. A material very similar to foam, but more comfortable to work with. From it, a basis for the composition is created, where skewers with sweets will be inserted. Sold in hardware stores. It is better not to use ordinary foam.
- Mounting foam. This is the best base for bouquets. From it you can create a product of any height and width. Easy to cut. Squeeze the foam onto the newspaper and let it harden well. The material is ready to work.
- Floral organza. It is more rigid than usual. It is used to create fungi that fill the space between flowers, and to decorate the base of compositions.
- Satin ribbons. They are inserted into bouquets, with their help you can drape the leg of the porter.
- Decor: beads and half beads, artificial greenery, decorative figurines.
- Candies. For a bouquet of sweets for a wedding, it is better to take Raffaello sweets. They do not melt in hot weather and are not afraid of the cold. Very convenient for work: it is difficult to crush them in the hands, which sometimes happens with inexperienced needlewomen.
How to make a bouquet with your own hands?
An excellent gift for newlyweds is a composition in the form of a heart of roses. With this version of the bouquet, even a beginner will do just fine. You can make one half of the heart red and the other white. If the wedding is themed: lavender, lilac, pink, use the appropriate colors. Universal gamma — white, peach, pale cream, tea color is suitable for a bride’s bouquet.
Choose the paper of the desired color and get to work.
Step 1. We make a pattern: cut out a heart of the required size from a newspaper.
Step 2 Create a framework:
- take penoplex with a thickness of not more than 5 cm;
- attach a pattern to it and circle it with a felt-tip pen;
- With a clerical knife, cut out a heart along the contour.
Step 3 We decorate the base with corrugated paper.
Before you work, cut off a small piece and stretch with your fingers. The paper is easily stretched horizontally.
The divisions on the paper will help determine the desired height of the parts.
- Put the frame on a roll and cut out a heart 4–5 cm larger than the foam itself.
- Use a heat gun to stick the paper onto the base. Glue from the middle to the edges, stretching the paper.
- Stepping back 1 cm along the edges, cut off the excess paper. Carefully wrap the edges and glue to the base.
- We also paste over the back of the heart, connecting the joints.
Step 4 We drape the sides:
- cut out a strip 1.5–2 divisions high, and the length of the paper should completely cover the sides of the heart;
- glue paper tape around the edge of the work;
- gently stretch the top edge with your fingers, creating a beautiful wave;
- base is ready.
Step 5 Making petals:
- cut a strip of corrugated paper 1.5 divisions high;
- cut into rectangles 5.5–7 cm wide — these are petals;
- we round the top of each blank, and make the base narrow — the petal should resemble a drop;
- for one rose you need 7–8 petals;
- we make the middle of the rose — cut a strip 1.5 divisions high into rectangles about 10 cm wide;
- leave the base wide, cut the corners, and round the top;
- we take a skewer and with its help we straighten and bend the petals of the flower towards the top;
- note that the paper has a front and back side, the outer part of the petal is the front side;
- stretch the petals so that they have an arched shape, twist the edges;
- we form the centers — we stretch the central part of the petal, but not to the very edges, creating a bed for the candy, the finished centers resemble small barrels.
Step 6 We collect a rose, for which you need to perform several actions.
- Prepare your toothpicks. If the base of the composition is less than 5 cm, they must be shortened by cutting off a little from one end. The blunt end of the toothpick is attached to the flower itself.
- Take a candy, tightly wrap it in the middle, placing a toothpick inside. Place a drop of hot glue where the toothpick meets the base of the flower, being careful not to hit the candy, and wrap the paper tightly around the toothpick. The middle of the rose is ready. The candy should not fall out, and should not be twisted very tightly.
- Glue the first three petals to the rose so that they overlap each other slightly. We drip glue on the base of each petal and press it tightly to the flower.
- We glue the next petals in a circle on top of the previous row, pinching at the base. This will make the rose look more natural.
Step 7 Sepals:
- cut out the sepals from green paper, for this we use a strip of paper 1 division high and 15–20 cm long, 3 sepals will come out of this segment;
- we retreat from the wide edge of the paper 1.5–2 cm and, on the other hand, cut sharp cloves with a ripper or nail scissors;
- smooth with a skewer, and then twist the ends;
- we apply glue, and glue the sepals to the bottom of the flower and a toothpick, press and twist, and cut off the extra teeth.
Rose is ready.
Step 8 Making the rest of the roses:
- count how many flowers you need to fill the heart;
- make the rest of the roses according to the pattern, while the composition should have an odd number of flowers;
- flowers should not be attached tightly to each other, the gaps are filled with little organzas of a suitable color.
Step 9 Funtiki:
- cut the organza into squares 8x8 cm;
- fold the square diagonally so that the ends lie obliquely;
- fold the resulting triangle the same way again;
- put a drop of glue in the middle, and glue the organza to the toothpick.
Funtik is ready.
Step 10 Putting together the composition:
- distribute the roses evenly over the base, starting from the sharp corner;
- using pliers, gently stick the toothpicks into the foam, you can make holes for the roses with an awl;
- firmly fix the flowers in place with hot glue;
- fill in the gaps with pounds;
- wedding bouquet is ready.
Ideas for original candy compositions are very different:
- miniature rotunda with figurines of the bride and groom;
- wedding carriage;
- sailing vessel;
- wedding rings in a flower basket;
- multi-tiered cake;
- a pair of gentle swans;
- bride’s wedding umbrella;
- candy glamelia;
- fantastic bird of happiness;
- compositions with bottles of champagne, decorated for the bride and groom;
- bouquets on glasses;
- compositions with candlesticks.
Having learned how to make roses according to this master class, you will be able to master any composition over time and please your friends with the delightful art of sweet design.
How to make a wedding bouquet of sweets with your own hands, see the following video.