Nowadays, probably every supporter of the opinion that the best gift for a wedding is money. It is difficult and expensive to transport household appliances, the same applies to furniture, and interior decor items may simply not please the newlyweds and gather dust on the shelf of a sideboard or closet for years. A win-win option will, of course, be the money with which a young family can buy everything they need, relax on a honeymoon trip, or put it in a piggy bank for more global purposes.
But, you see, coming to the celebration with a banal white envelope in your hands is banal and uninteresting, moreover, it’s immediately clear what gift you present to the young. Today we will look at one of the original and unusual ways to give money for a wedding — to make a comic passbook with your own hands.
How to make a passbook for a wedding?
We already have a brilliant idea, let’s figure out how it will look like, and we can assume that half the battle is done. We decided to use the scrapbooking technique for the wedding passbook — soft pages, paper decorations and fabric ruffles will not leave anyone indifferent, and the product itself, most likely, will be kept by a young family in a place of honor for years. So, in order to make a passbook for the newlyweds with our own hands, here’s what we need to prepare:
- cover folder;
- cuts of multi-colored fabric, we trust only our taste;
- special scrap paper;
- PVA glue;
- large paper envelopes;
- hot glue;
- clippings from books, newspapers, magazines, etc.;
- thick cardboard to match the fabric;
- double sided tape.
Let’s pay attention to clippings — we select and cut out pictures from books and magazines that correspond to the likely plans of a young family: for example, an image of a high-rise building, symbolizing the purchase of an apartment, photographs or comic pictures of a car, clippings on pregnancy and children. In general, everything that the newlyweds are likely to face in the future is all appropriate.
If everything you need is ready, let’s start making a wedding passbook with your own hands.
- Let’s take a folder. Its color is not important, since it will be pasted over on both sides, the dimensions of the folder in our case are 16 x 18 cm.
- Next, take a dense, if possible even quilted fabric and wrap it around the cover from the outside. If desired, you can quilt the fabric with synthetic winterizer yourself.
- From the inside we glue thick cardboard.
- Next, we make a tag on the cover. To do this, we cut out three circles — the first from cardboard, the second from a napkin, the third from ordinary white cardboard. On the third circle, we write by hand or using a computer the title text for the passbook for the wedding. Glue the circles and the cover is ready.
- Now let’s start making pages, for this we paste thematic clippings and wishes in the form of quatrains on scrapbook paper. This is what our first page looks like.
- The second spread — on the one hand, another thematic picture with a comic rhyme-wish, and on the other we glue the first envelope, you can make a signature about the “appointment” of the money, we will put banknotes in it.
- In a similar way, we continue to make pages of a comic passbook for a wedding, using clippings, fabric inserts, napkins — in general, everything that is acceptable for the scrapbooking technique.
- We will arrange the last page in such a way that it would be possible to write the wishes of the young family by hand and sign the gift.
- At the end, we glue the ribbons with hot glue, on which our cool passbook for the newlyweds will be tied.
Now we put banknotes in envelopes, and our original gift is ready. We hasten to please the newlyweds! You can also make a wedding chest for money with your own hands, where guests will be happy to put gifts!