Choosing a wedding dress is probably the biggest and most time-consuming and money-consuming task. Although the result is worth it! But after the long-awaited celebration, many brides have a question, what to do with the wedding dress? Where to apply it?A few recommendations about the future of the wedding dress
If you are one of those girls who do not want to rent a wedding dress in the salon, but only buy a new one, then these tips are just for you. After all, I don’t want it to just hang in the closet and at the same time take up most of it.
- Family heirloom. You can have your wedding dress dry-cleaned or you can tidy it up yourself and store it for future generations. If you have a daughter, you can safely pass this dress on to her as a family heirloom. Moreover, this option is becoming more and more popular. In addition, you can always put it on and remember the happiest moments of your life.
- Gift. You can present such a wedding gift to a friend or complete strangers. This act is very noble and will bring you and people a lot of positive emotions.
- Sell. If you want to sell a dress to a pile, then this is best done immediately after the wedding celebration. Then it won’t affect the price too much. Although you need to be prepared that the price at which you purchased a wedding dress may differ significantly from the money received after the celebration. Many immediately, when buying a dress, agree with bridal salons on its further sale. All this is negotiated individually. You can also place ads on wedding websites or in the newspaper.
- Make a photo session. Many newlyweds do wedding photo shoots not only on the day of the celebration, but also after. Therefore, if your plans include a honeymoon trip, then be sure to take a dress with you. After all, how wonderful the bride will look against the background of palm trees and sandy shores, on a horse or on a parachute.
- Alter. If the plans do not include storing a wedding dress for your heirs, then you can always redo it. For example, you can make an outfit out of it for your little princess or sew an incredibly beautiful and luxurious baptismal outfit.
- Repaint. You can also dye your wedding dress in a different color. The only thing worth paying attention to is the fabric. After all, most often the dress is made from various materials. Although even this feature can play into the hands. After all, the uneven color of the dress looks very original and beautiful.
Recently, the tradition of farewell to the wedding dress, which came to us from Germany, America and Australia, has become very popular. If you do not want to keep the dress or remake it, then you can “kill” it. Thanks to this, a new style of wedding photo shoot has appeared — Trash the dress. Translated from English means — turn the dress into garbage. The style was born about a decade ago, thanks to a photographer who got bored of taking monotonous wedding photographs. At the same time, it is not necessary to completely destroy the dress, it is enough just to get it dirty. You can decorate a wedding dress with paints, swim in the river, lie on the floor of an abandoned building or go to a factory. Such a background is quite unusual for creating a wedding family photo and it is interesting for that. There are a lot of places for an original photo shoot, the main thing is to approach this issue creatively. Believe me, the surge of emotions that you can get during such a photo session is simply huge. Such sophisticated bullying, which is captured by the camera lens, will remind you of the funniest and most original event of your life.