Wedding styling plays an important role in the image of the bride. An incorrectly chosen hairstyle can ruin everything, and a successful styling can transform, make the hero of the occasion irresistible. From year to year, the number of wedding hairstyles increases, their design, structure, decorations change.
The most fashionable styling for a wedding
Women’s wedding hairstyles are chosen depending on a large number of factors: the general concept of the image, the type of face, hair structure, their type, length and color. In addition, you should consider the presence of such an important accessory as a veil. It can be long, short, one- or two-layered, fluffy, multi-layered, lacy or simple, light, and so on.
Recently, brides often choose a mantilla. It is made of expensive lace and looks very original. Since she herself is an ornament, nothing else is required. In this case, high voluminous hairstyles, simple and elegant, are appropriate.
Another popular style is the bridal cap style. It does not involve complex manipulations with hair. The hairstyle is done quickly and simply, but it looks feminine and spectacular. Loose strands can be slightly curled at the ends.
Fresh flowers are still an alternative to veil. They are decorated with hairstyles both with straight elongated front strands and with curled curls. Smooth hair pulled back, gathered in a high or low bun, decorated with a wreath or a hairpin with small flowers, will create gentle and touching images. Gorgeous large individual flowers inserted into loose curls on the side will enliven and refresh the face.
The most daring brides use styling, decorated with veils or pillbox hats. Stylists offer a variety of their options from bold and flirty to elegant and feminine.
Do not lose their positions wedding styling with diadems and tiaras. For girls, they are an element of luxury and style, turning an ordinary Cinderella into a real princess. These hairstyles are suitable for any length, but many short-haired beauties prefer styling with extensions to create extra volume and front curls.
Until now, braided hairstyles are considered fashionable and popular. Moreover, it can be complex, or it can include only individual elements. For such styling, hair of a certain length is required, or you will have to resort to the help of overhead accessories.
When choosing a hairstyle, you should adhere to the general concept of the whole look. You can not combine elegant styling with a playful dress. One stroke can spoil the whole impression. Therefore, it is extremely important to listen to the advice of stylists.
Classic hairstyles are always in fashion. Suitable for wedding celebrations in any style. Elegant babettes, puffy buns or slicked back hair have always been the standard of beauty. Simple does not mean cheap, simple means with dignity and grace.
The natural richness of healthy hair, lightly decorated with chaste ornaments, is welcomed.
Here you can highlight the laying “French shell”. She looks very impressive, feminine and cute. It can be decorated with studs with rhinestones or flowers or a comb with pearls. It opens the neck, so the dress will be appropriate with an open neckline.
And also a lush bun is considered a classic version of a wedding hairstyle. It can be laid on the top of the head, increasing the volume with a fleece, or on the back of the head. The design is supposed to be different, here are just a few ways:
- with raised short bangs;
- with a long bang laid on one side with a wave;
- with bangs, parted;
- with elongated front strands;
- with curls in front.
Among the weaves there are also long-known favorites, for example, braids “spikelet” or “French”. In general, such styling is not only beautiful, but also practical, because they are able to withstand the pace of the celebration and help the bride to remain undisturbed in any weather.
Classics of the wedding genre — curls on loose hair. The advantage is in the ease of creation and in the ease of the image. Moreover, such a hairstyle looks gentle and feminine on any length of hair. Classic hairstyles for short hair are very neat and restrained, but various variations are possible with them. Not only jewelry, hats and veils come to the rescue, but also overhead accessories that allow you to make a babette even for the owner of ultra-short hair.
The ethnic style can be attributed to the styling associated with the traditions of the peoples. For example, a wedding with an oriental flavor will require the bride to bring elements of the people whose rites are used in the wedding ritual into the image. Recently, the newlyweds are not afraid to experiment and arrange real installations, original in their execution and images.
Lots of bright Indian-style jewelry and a sari instead of a dress will create an atmosphere of old India. To enhance the image, brides are advised to remove their hair back, revealing their faces. A lush bun is formed at the back, which is decorated with a mesh with precious stones or flowers. There is another option when a braid is braided at the back. The crown must be given volume. One of the central accessories of the bride is a tiara with a forehead pendant. As a rule, it is richly decorated with gems or rhinestones.
Boho style refers to Indian traditions, communion with nature, the desire for natural beauty and naturalness. It is characterized by loose designs, slightly disheveled hair, ethnic jewelry woven into chaotic small pigtails or ponytails. Feathers, leather ribbons, ribbons, wreaths of wild flowers or monisto are suitable as decor. Heavy and complex designs on the head, chic decorations are not welcome. Only natural beauty. However, it should be understood that the entire image must comply with this style. And it is very important to find the line between artistic disheveledness and slovenliness.
Romantic natures will not ignore this particular style. Hairstyles in this case are airy, playful and gentle. They soften facial features, making it pretty and youthful. Luxurious hair, curled and styled in loose large curls, or a small scattering of curls look just like that.
The Greek style is also popular, which also creates a romantic image of the goddess of love and beauty. It’s easy to make a hairstyle by winding the strands on a curling iron, lightly whipping them with your hands for splendor, put on a thin hoop or diadem on top. The decoration should run in the center of the forehead. It is what completes the image. Such hairstyles are appropriate not only for long-haired beauties, but also for brides with short hair.
Another romantic trend is rustic. In the original translation, this word means “rustic”, so the style does not involve intricate styling. Basically, loose braids and decorations in the form of flowers, wreaths or ribbons prevail here. The exquisite simplicity of a forest nymph, a mermaid or a fairy tale is the prototype of romantic rustic brides. By the way, the content of wreaths can vary depending on the season: autumn wreaths with bright berries and leaves, summer wreaths with wildflowers, winter wreaths with spruce twigs and cones, spring wreaths with snowdrops. For a girl, you should choose a soft outfit and nude makeup.
Proponents of minimalism will rightly appreciate the urban chic style. The trends of recent years are increasingly referring in any image to the natural habitat, which is now concentrated in the city. Stylish wedding solutions combine elements of classic and business style, suggesting clear lines and shapes, but at the same time add ultra-modern accents, expressed in color contrasts. Since urban landscapes are made of concrete, iron, brick, plaster, seasoned with neon, any cold shades of white, gray, green and blue can be present in a haircut and wedding dress. Accessories with metal elements are used as decorations.
Short and very short haircuts are characteristic in this style, for example, pixie, swift, bob or garcon. Graduated caret is also suitable.
The wild popularity of retro style is due to the bestsellers of cinema in recent years: The Great Gatsby, Chicago, Only Girls in Jazz, Moulin Rouge, Titanic. It is quite simple, but at the same time bright and individual, and in some cases even bold.
Among hairstyles, several types prevail.
- Hollywood Waves - an unmistakable classic for long and medium hair. Laying is a large horizontal waves, uniform along the entire length. They start from the temple and end at the very tips. The lines are soft, the movement of the hair is free. Styling can be with high bangs on one side, through the parting with an open face evenly in both directions. The crown is either smooth or slightly voluminous.
- “Cold Wave” In this case, a fixing gel or mousse is applied to the hair, the curls are wound on large curlers, and then they are laid in clear rows in one direction or parted on both sides. The hairstyle does not imply artistically messy curls. All lines are clear and strict, as if drawn. Looks great on short haircuts when creating futuristic images.
- Smooth short bob with front strands extended along the chin.
The jewelry details are interesting. It can be feathers of different sizes, bright single flowers, lace bandages, strings of pearls. In addition, irresistible retro brides in miniature hats, nets on top, from under which curls or veils peek out.
Choice by color type
Stylists highlight 4 main color types, according to which it is easy to choose not only makeup, but also an outfit.
- bride-spring has a warm tone. This look is typical for blondes and owners of blond hair. In this case, natural styles are suitable that emphasize the natural beauty of the hair and freshness.
- Girls “summer” ashen hair, noble pallor, gray eyes are inherent. Extravagance and sharp lines are contraindicated for them. Bright colors will turn pale skin blue.
- For brides of color type “autumn” red or brown hair, milky skin, green or brown eyes are characteristic. For darker hair, elegant styling is appropriate, for bright hair — bold and original. Any complex weaving looks great.
- bride-winter, as a rule, has black or bright white hair, bright blue or, conversely, dark eyes. This type “loves” contrasts, so representatives of this color type can safely experiment with styling and outfits.
We select according to the shape of the face
In order to choose the right hairstyle, you should know what type of face the bride has. This criterion will help transform the look by adjusting some features. To find out the type, it is not necessary to contact stylists, you can find out on your own. It is necessary to stand in front of the mirror and free your face as much as possible by removing your hair back. After that, on the mirror with chalk or lipstick, which is better washed, you need to circle its contour. The resulting figure and the reflection in the mirror will help to draw the right conclusions. Consider the basic forms of the face.
Such a face needs to be stretched a little to get a symmetrical oval. High styling with fleece will act as a corrector. In addition, voluminous beams at the crown will look advantageous. If the bride prefers a romantic style, then vertical curls, laid in a parting on both sides, will also lengthen the oval. Stylists do not prohibit complex weaving in the Greek style, but recommend laying them on one side. In general, any asymmetrical styling is welcome to create a wedding look for chubby brides. If the hair near the forehead is dyed lighter than in the cheek area, then visually the face will stretch.
The oval face has always been considered the standard of beauty. Therefore, the owners of this type are incredibly lucky, any hairstyle will suit them, with the exception of too high ones. If there is a desire to make a magnificent bunch, then you should not mount it at the very top, it is better to lower it a little lower. Any styling with loose hair will make the oval of the face sweet and charming.
A trapezoid is when one base is larger than the other. So here, usually the bottom of the face is more massive than the upper part. To correct this shortcoming, brides should opt for hairstyles that balance the cheekbones and chin. Stylists recommend using basal bouffant or “corrugation” to increase volume from the crown to the temporal region. And also long curls obtained with the help of a styler of large diameter will cope with this task. The waves should be long enough to cover the cheeks. Flower buds or beautiful large hairpins are suitable as decorations.
The triangular face looks like a heart, it’s cute in its own way, but in order not to aggravate the effect, the following elements should be used in wedding hairstyles:
- long and lush bangs;
- open ears;
- rounded hairstyles.
If the hair is of medium length, then the tips are wound from the bottom up onto the curling iron, giving splendor from below, which balances the narrow chin.
Square or rectangular
Angular features need to be softened. Stylists advise brides to use wavy styling. Moreover, it is appropriate both from two sides, and with combing hair on one side. Smooth hairstyles and elongated strands are contraindicated. They visually aggravate the corners. Stylists advise dyeing the hair framing the face two tones lighter. This trick will help hide the angularity and soften the features.
For a full face, experts recommend opening it using high styling. The volume is created using bouffants or other means:
- lush hairstyles, decorated with complex weaving, are appropriate;
- high curly tails;
- large curls visually narrow the face;
- smoothly combed back hair with a low bun at the back of the head;
- straightened hair will also play a distracting role.
If there is a bang, it is better to make it thin and use asymmetry, since clear lines, on the contrary, emphasize the breadth of the face. It is the height that hides the fullness. On high hairstyles, you can safely experiment with jewelry, create any designs on them. In no case should you add volume in the cheek area. This will expand the face even more.
Modern trends offer brides a variety of outfits, which, in addition to traditional ones, are also trendy. Some prefer to opt for trouser suits of various types from shorts to jumpsuits instead of dresses. Accordingly, the jewelry is selected for the selected image.
In the classic version, a veil is used. Its models are endless. For a church ceremony, a long white wedding veil is chosen. For a civil ceremony, the choice depends only on the wishes of the bride. Here is just a small list of criteria by which this accessory is classified.
- By lenght: short up to 60 cm, medium, long from 1 meter. A short veil looks cute and flirty, so it suits young brides. It goes well with a short fluffy dress. A medium length veil goes well with any type of dress, especially with open shoulders. The large length of the headdress allows the bride to look luxurious, but it should be remembered that it is appropriate only with a classic outfit.
- By difficulty: simple and complex. An example of the latter is the mantilla. It is made from the finest expensive lace. It is thrown over the top of the head and fastened with the help of invisibility. In the classic version, a high hairstyle is created for her, to which the mantilla is attached with a comb.
- By splendor: single layer, double layer, multilayer.
- By form: round, oval, cascading, bridal cap.
Hats are a fashion trend of recent years. They create elegant looks. It is important to choose the right headdress for a particular outfit. For example, stylists do not recommend combining a hat with a puffy outfit. They look great with straight tight dresses and trouser suits. Tall brides will be irresistible in wide-brimmed hats, but petite girls are better off decorating themselves with small hats.
Veils. Previously, high society brides were required to use veils in combination with a veil. Now they are used separately to create various images. Short-haired brides especially liked them, because with their help you can emphasize your individuality. The veil comes in many shapes from round to square, but asymmetrical ones are also found. For its manufacture, stylists use tulle or lace, decorated with rhinestones, flowers, beads, feathers.
Wreaths. Hairstyles with a wreath look natural and romantic. They are made not only from natural material, but also from satin ribbons, fabric, artificial branches. Sometimes a long veil is attached to the wreath.
Various types of wedding decorations are popular.
- Diadem or tiara adds solemnity. A hairstyle with such a decor is royally majestic, but it does not tolerate being next to other jewelry. Therefore, you will have to refuse a necklace or necklace, and choose small earrings.
- Bandage - a stylish accessory, especially popular with short-haired brides. Lace is used more often, it is more romantic.
- Headband or hoop. Graceful hoops, decorated with small inflorescences, look cute and gentle on young brides. With the help of headbands, you can decorate even ultra-short haircuts. They rightfully compete with wreaths and tiaras. There are a few rules to keep in mind. If the hairstyle is lush, then the decorative details on the hoop should be large. For thin hair, choose narrow headbands with small elements.
- Hairpins are created individually. They can be decorated with a large flower or boutonniere, rhinestones, beads or feathers.
- Combs. High styling with a comb looks elegant. Decoration is always the center of the composition. With its help, in some cases, a veil or veil is attached. Stylists warn that the decorative elements on the crest should be combined with the entire set of wedding jewelry.
When creating a wedding look, stylists advise taking into account all the available factors: the type of face, the type of styling, the general style. As a rule, there are few main directions in makeup. We list the most famous and frequently used.
- Classic remains unchanged at all times. The main task of makeup is to emphasize the advantages and hide the flaws, while remaining invisible. The contours should be soft, but clear. Shades are close to the natural natural color of the skin. A similar make-up is appropriate for bob hairstyles, tail, bunches of different variations, “shell”.
- Romanticism does not like bright colors. Pastel shades are the best for nude style.
- Retro. The versatility of the style makes it popular among brides of all ages. It is combined with any type of face, regardless of hair color. Characteristic features of makeup in this case: summed up eyes, fluffy long eyelashes, rich shades of shadows (purple, blue and green), juicy scarlet lipstick.
- Extravagant style opposite to the classical direction. Here the makeup is bright and unpredictable. Stylists use different contrasts not only in color combinations, but also in shapes.
Separate nuances and tips
The angularity of a square face can be reduced with makeup. To do this, a corrector is applied to the most protruding parts of the cheekbones. It is better to apply shadows lighter in the inner corners of the eyes and darker on the outer ones. Pointing arrows is not recommended. If the face is round, then blush is applied to the cheekbones. This lengthens the oval. In no case should you use more than two shades to tint the eyes. Transitions between colors must be carefully retouched. Arrowheads are allowed. Lipstick is recommended in light colors.
As for the oval face, in general, the makeup is similar. However, blush should be slightly noticeable, triple shadows can be used: light inside, darker in the middle, smoky shaded on the edge of the eye at the temple. The presence of arrows is possible at the request of the bride. For lips, it is better to use non-dark shades.
Wedding hairstyles should not only transform the bride, but also complement the image. Therefore, it is very important to approach the choice carefully and responsibly so as not to spoil your mood on a holiday. Long-haired beauties are able not only to surprise guests with the complexity of weaving, but also look graceful and feminine at the same time.
Petite brides in a flirty outfit with an interesting hairstyle will look young and touching.
Extravagance is the prerogative of the brave! For the daring and desperate, stylists recommend reducing the amount of jewelry in the hair. She herself must become a work of art.
Boho or rustic styles look simple, shy and unique.
How to make a wedding hairstyle with your own hands, see the next video.