The tradition of sealing marriage bonds with wedding rings originated a very, very long time ago. Even in ancient Rome, lovers gave such jewelry to a friend as a sign of eternal love and fidelity. In those days, a ring with the most simple and uncomplicated design was worn on the ring finger of the left hand, since it was believed that it was on this finger that there was a “vein of love” leading to the very heart.
The engagement ring has not lost its original meaning to this day. As before, the newlyweds, on the eve of the solemn marriage ceremony, choose such an uneasy and symbolic decoration that will serve as a sign of marital status, love and devotion to each other for many years. However, some innovations and adjustments were made to this centuries-old tradition. So, according to the canons of the Orthodox Church, after registering a marriage, the spouses should put wedding rings on each other’s ring finger, but already on the right hand, but not only the location of the jewelry has changed since then, but also its appearance has changed significantly. So initially, the design of the ring was extremely simple, without engraving and inlay with stones. Today, more and more often you can see unusual jewelry.
Original wedding rings
Fortunately, the assortment is really wide these days. These are expensive jewelry with a scattering of precious stones and various combinations of precious metals, these are classic elegant gold stripes and massive rings, in a word, the abundance of options amazes even the most sophisticated buyers. Very often, unusual paired wedding rings are decorated with symbolic inscriptions such as love confessions, wedding dates or the names of spouses, which are applied using relief or in-depth engraving. There are also other options for paired or similar original wedding rings, made, for example, of ceramics or wood, which will undoubtedly give their owners a sense of uniqueness and inimitability.
We bring to your attention a photo selection of the most original wedding rings:
- At first glance, an unremarkable product, if not for the engraving, convex from the inside. In this case, the inscription can be absolutely anything, depending on the personal wishes of the newlyweds. From the same series of rings with a fingerprint.
- The answer of skeptics and convinced bachelors who associate marriage ties with severe restrictions on personal freedom.
- These rings are also positioned as engagement rings. Although you have to be an excessively eccentric and extraordinary person in order to wear it every day.
- The key to a happy and long family life is trust. Such original paired wedding rings will prove not only boundless love, but also trust.
- A knot in memory of a wonderful day — the birth of a new unit of society.
- Original wedding rings with an ambiguous meaning.
- Rings of such a plan look beautiful and unusual. And they usually cost a fortune.
- What can be more precious than a loving heart? Here is another great symbolic option for true romantics.
- Jewelry from among the most unusual wedding rings with erotic overtones.
- From the series home is my castle.
- There are quite elegant options.
- From that opera “when two hearts beat together …” A very original solution for wedding rings will appeal to young romantic ladies.
- Some spouses completely refuse wedding rings, and instead of them they make original exclusive tattoos on the ring finger.