This white accessory, symbolizing spiritual purity, makes the girl special and unique on her wedding day. A hen party will not do without a veil, however, at this event, a veil can also be of bright, colorful colors, and according to some traditions, such an accessory is worn not only by the future bride, but by her friends. However, nothing prevents you from combining both by sewing a snow-white veil for the bride and bright multi-colored accessories for girlfriends for a bachelorette party. In the master class, we will show step by step how you can easily, quickly and without large financial costs sew a veil for a bachelorette party with your own hands.
Homemade veil for a bachelorette party
We will show a master class on how to make a mini-veil for a bachelorette party using the example of one snow-white one for the bride, while multi-colored ones for girlfriends are sewn in the same way, only we take the appropriate color of the fabric.
To sew a white mini-veil for a bachelorette party, we need the following materials:
- a piece of fabric measuring approximately 2 meters in length and 1 meter in width; we will take a translucent tulle fabric, chiffon or organza would be ideal;
- white satin ribbon;
- hairpin or decorative pin for collecting a veil;
- small mother-of-pearl white beads;
- needle and thread;
- sewing machine with a needle for thin fabrics.
Having prepared all the necessary materials, we can get to work.
How to sew a veil for a bachelorette party?
- To begin with, let’s take a piece of our tulle fabric and iron it well, it is much easier to work with a smoothed fabric.
- Then fold it in half lengthwise. If the fabric is very slippery, you can iron the bend lines with an iron.
- Next, fold the fabric in half across.
- And then we take scissors and cut off the corner, thereby giving the ends of the veil a rounded shape. However, we do this at will, many more bush straight ends.
- We unfold our future veil and look at the result in expanded form.
- Now let’s take a satin ribbon, having previously processed its edge of the candles so that it does not suddenly become squandered.
- Then, carefully and evenly, using a basting stitch or small pins, pre-sew the ribbon to the edge of the veil. We make sure not to damage the fibers of the tape by negligence, this can spoil the look of our product.
- And finally, we attach the ribbon to the fabric on a typewriter. It is better to use a zigzag seam or two regular straight seams — top and bottom. We still preferred the zigzag.
- Next, fold the fabric in half. We make a two-layer veil, so the top layer should be washed a little shorter than the bottom one.
- Now we need to pick up the veil at the crown. We will do this manually — we retreat from the edge of 20 cm, we collect the veil with a simple basting, but small seam, and on the other hand we also leave 20 cm.
- Having gathered the top, we fix the veil on the knots.
- To attach the veil, take the most common hairpin.
- Next, manually sew the hairpin to the veil, adjust the size of the seam to the length of the clip.
- Now let’s make a decoration for the mini veil. To do this, cut out several circles from the same fabric of different sizes. Melt the edges of the circles above the candles.
- Next, stack the circles one on top of the other in descending order — the largest at the bottom, the smallest at the top.
- We fix the circles with a few stitches and sew or glue small mother-of-pearl beads.
- Next, sew or glue the flower to the top of the mini bridal veil for the bachelorette party. We used hot glue.
Our veil is ready. Here’s what it looks like unfolded.
And this is how it will look on the hero of the occasion.
Happy bachelorette party!