Wedding photo session
I want to capture the most significant and joyful moments of life as a keepsake. A wedding is a very exciting day, a long-awaited celebration of the birth of a new family. Therefore, it is so important to keep vivid, vivid memories of him. A high-quality, well-conducted photo shoot will leave original, beautiful photos for many years. The article will give tips for taking pictures of the wedding morning.
The photo session of the bride begins with capturing the process of preparing for the celebration. The girl poses for a photographer at home with her parents and girlfriends. Partially it can be natural shots. Boudoir photography involves the creation of personal, almost intimate shots. These photos are not for public viewing. It can be said that this is a kind of gift for a future husband. During the shooting, the girl gradually puts on her wedding attire.
The photographer captures the dressing of a veil, stockings, applying makeup and creating a hairstyle.
Tips and tricks for shooting the morning of the bride:
- It is worth remembering that the central figure of the bride’s photo shoot is herself. Frames with interior items or loved ones will be just additional touches. Therefore, a positive attitude and the ability to show sincere vivid emotions are very important.
- Sufficient time should be allowed for taking photographs. Hastily taken shots can later disappoint.
- The photo session may not take place on the day of the wedding. Usually in the morning of this exciting day, the bride has a lot of worries and not enough time. You can order a boudoir shoot in advance and slowly take thoughtful beautiful shots.
- A photo studio with the appropriate design, a specially rented hotel room can also become a place for filming. And also quite popular are shooting in a picturesque natural area.
- You can combine a rehearsal of a wedding hairstyle, make-up, dress fitting and a trial photo session. In this case, the bride will have an additional opportunity to evaluate the image she has chosen for the wedding.
- Clothes for shooting the morning of the bride are selected in a gentle style. It can be a light peignoir of a light tone, a dressing gown made of light silk, beautiful underwear. However, there may be other options. The main thing is that the model feels beautiful and natural.
- A bold, original option is posing in a loose men’s shirt.
- If the hairstyle is already done, you should make sure that dressing for a photo shoot does not spoil it. In this case, wardrobe items with a narrow neck will not work.
- While putting on the wedding dress, the bride, her bridesmaids and parents can also pose for the camera. The main stages of putting on an outfit, such as fastening a veil, pulling on stockings, gloves, showing off in front of a mirror, tightening the lacing, always turn out to be beautiful and spectacular.
- At the final stage of the morning shooting, the dressed bride can pose with a toy, doll or other equipment.
It is worth considering some ideas for model poses and subject compositions during a boudoir shoot.
- A touching moment is the time when the happy bride wakes up on her wedding day. The girl is basking in bed, anticipating joyful changes in her life. Such photos do not have to be made candid, if this is not the soul. A girl can be covered with a sheet, wrapped in a blanket, stretching from sleep. If the windows in the room open at dawn, the photographer can try to take a picture from an angle where the sun is shining through the window, and the girl is smiling happily at him.
- Morning wash. A girl in a shirt stands in front of a mirror in the bathroom and splashes water on her face.
- Admiring the dress. The model examines her future outfit, corrects any detail with her hand.
- The classic is the plot with putting on a garter. It can be made slightly erotic, or, on the contrary, a little cheerful when bridesmaids put this detail on the bride.
- Photo in front of a full-length mirror. The model can straighten the veil, look at the shoes by lifting the edge of the dress, straighten the frills, try on jewelry.
- Beautiful compositions with a wedding bouquet, rings, invitation cards and other attributes of the upcoming celebration will diversify the morning photo session.
- The bride stands half-turned to the lens. Mom or girlfriend tightens the lacing on the corset.
- A model in a wedding dress sits or stands at the window waiting for the groom with a bouquet in her hands.
- Close-up shot of the bride’s hands. In thin fingers, a girl can hold a flower, an invitation card, a ribbon. Pictures of two rings laid in the palm of your hand look reverent.
- A girl in her wedding attire stands in front of a large mirror, and behind her parents and friends are visible, tenderly looking at the future newlywed.
- If there are animals in the house, they can also be used in the frame. One has only to make sure that no harm is done to the wedding dress. The girl and her friends can pose with the cat. The bride can be photographed outdoors with a dog on a leash. Small animals or birds can be photographed close-up on the model’s hands or held up to the face. You can rent rabbits or chinchillas. Such photos look very cute and gentle.
- With relatives and friends, you can stage a joint morning tea party.
- Photos of the bride with children look touching. Let the photographer capture the younger brothers and sisters engaged in a common game with a girl. Children can give the bride a bouquet or help decorate the outfit.
Photo session of full brides
So that photographs do not highlight the weaknesses of the appearance and figure, you should know the features and rules of shooting girls with non-model parameters.
- So that the folds at the waist and sides do not stand out, it is best to photograph the bride standing in full growth. It is recommended to avoid oblique postures and bends.
- Full face photos can greatly enhance facial features.
- Close-up shots are best taken from a slightly higher position. When a girl slightly raises her chin, her neck will look slimmer.
- Well conceals the fullness of the side light source.
- If the light is directly on the model, it is better to choose a pose in which she will naturally cover her face with her hand. Then the shadow will fall on the neck and chin, visually reducing these parts of the body.
Ideas for pregnant girls
To hide pregnancy, you can use some of the subtleties of shooting for such cases.
- When photographing standing, it is better to add a large object to the frame: a bouquet, an umbrella, a fruit basket. This will shift the focus of the frame and divert attention from the abdomen.
- A protruding tummy can be visually smoothed out by taking a photo from a position slightly higher than the bride’s height.
- Photos of pregnant girls in a wedding dress look good while sitting. In this case, the folds of the dress hide the waist.
- For frames, it is better to choose mainly full face. Shooting half-turned and from the side can put a visual emphasis on the tummy.
See the video below for tips on bridal photography.