The first impression of a wedding starts with the invitation. Chanfashion will teach you where to order wedding invitations, how to compose the text of a wedding invitation, whether it is necessary to use templates for decoration. We have collected photo ideas for wedding invitations by styles, among them wedding invitations of stars. Let’s get started!
Where to buy wedding invitations?
You can buy wedding invitations in one of three places:
- wedding salon/shop
- printing house
- hand-made workshop
In salons, wedding invitations are sold along with accessories for them. But the range is rather limited. The quality will also not be up to par. Therefore, we recommend contacting professional printers. For you, they will select the appropriate option or develop an individual layout.
Handmade masters are capable of even more: they will hand-paint, make a name stamp and tie the invitation with a sprig of lavender. Just talk to the artist and you will be surprised how many non-standard approaches to the design of invitations he will generate. Do-it-yourself wedding invitations always look advantageous against the background of standard multi-circulation cards.
Salons, shops and workshops of your city are presented in the Chanfashion Catalog. We have collected service providers in one place. It is more convenient to choose from a single database based on the reviews of other couples. Go to the Wedding Invitations section and choose.
How to choose wedding invitations?
Here are six points to help you choose wedding invitations:
- Consider style your holiday. An invitation is a hint to guests. The look of the invitation reflects the style of the wedding. Classic invitations are printed on thick light paper, they combine elegant twisted fonts and strict book fonts, a lot of clean space around the text, hand-drawn monograms. An exemplary example: invitations from Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher. AT glamorous invitations have a lot of glitter, stylized cursive fonts and subtle detailed patterns will look good. style invitations Modern are not shy about natural textures, strict geometry, artistic illustrations and are encouraged to experiment with form. Rustic craft paper, ink calligraphy, floral elements, even fresh flowers in the design will convey well.
- Add individuality. Ask the artists to depict things symbolic for you. If you like to travel, design wedding invitations in the form of a card. If you’re crazy about Game of Thrones or Doctor Who, beat it. If you love Harry Potter — stylize the postcard as a “Marauder’s Map”. Lily Allen was not shy about ironic Photoshop in her invitations.
- Define color scheme. All wedding printing should be in common colors: invitations, seating plan, name cards for guests. These colors are duplicated in the design of the wedding and dress code.
- Form and size. Traditional wedding invitations are rectangular cards. Square, round or carved invitations look original. But be prepared to spend extra on non-standard envelopes for them.
- Evaluate the text of the invitation to the wedding on readability. Guests should not strain to make out what is written. Use a contrasting background and legible font.
- Content — it is important. There are no strict requirements for the text of invitations. State key information in plain language. A wedding invitation template can be a starting point for writing your own text. Take some time and find words for your guests that will definitely move them. From the main information in the invitation it is customary to indicate:
- Their names
- Time and place of the celebration
- The recipient
- Request or wish: “we will be pleased if you keep the overall style: blue, pink and gray tones”, “We will be glad to see you”
Do not overload the cards with unnecessary information. So they lose their elegance and become cluttered.
How much do wedding invitations cost?
The price of wedding invitations varies, and within wide limits. On average — from 15 to 50 hryvnia. Thick textured or designer paper, metallic printing, white-on-dark printing and additional personal wishes increase the price.
Handwritten calligraphy costs extra money.
Don’t keep these details in your head, just put them in . On chanfashion.store, you can add and remove wedding expense points.
Handmade wedding invitations are paid by the piece. They will cost more than ordering from a print shop. In the latter case, you pay for the layout and printing.
Ideas for wedding invitations 2017
Each year, the Pantone Institute chooses a shade that will set the pace for fashion and parties for the next 365 days. At least 365. Marsala still up to date as of 2015. rose quartz and serene blue — shades of 2016 — moved to the next year. And the colorists of Pantone chose juicy as the color of 2017. Greenas a symbol of successful new beginnings.
Lettering — luxurious calligraphy
The calligraphic font is unique because the artist draws it by hand. The text of the invitations is applied with ink or ink. Just look at this dramatic black and gold invitation lettering for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard.
Light and weightless watercolor always looks gentle, so it is popular for weddings. Jessica Simpson chose watercolor for her invitations.
Modern, bold and with character. An industrial or modern wedding usually dictates geometricity. Be inspired by Kandinsky, Mondrian or Malevich. Experiment with muted shades of popular colors: it’s all about angles and lines.
Must have for Eco wedding. Such invitations are self-sufficient, therefore they do not require sophisticated and bulky decor. Try using craft paper as the basis for a flower pattern.
Minimalism and an emphasis on form: typefaces and silhouettes. Perfect for modern style. Monochrome invitations were chosen for her wedding by Zooey Deschanel.
The textures of precious stones and marble have burst into design trends. Noble and aristocratic. Use these invitation backdrops for a boho or glamor wedding.
The envelope is part of the invitation. Your friends open the envelope and immediately evaluate the overall impression. The stylized interior looks stunning. And if she repeats the pattern on the letter, it’s twice as strong.