A wedding dance
Marriage is one of the milestones in our life journey, and it is natural to want to make it unforgettable. There are so many fun things to do with a wedding. Choose outfits, hairstyles, make-up and manicures, decorate the hall, think over the menu… the list is endless. In this article, it is worth talking about the wedding dances of the groom — with whom, in what sequence, to what music it is desirable for the young spouse to dance.
With the bride
This dance shows the depth of feelings that newlyweds have for each other. Usually it is a slow waltz to beautiful music, often the background song has a special meaning for two lovers. It is advisable to rehearse it in advance, because this is a kind of “highlight of the program” of the entire wedding celebration. It is ideal to invite a specialist choreographer to stage the dance of the bride and groom. He will reveal the strengths and weaknesses of the partners, will assist in choosing the right musical composition, will learn with you the dance moves that will make it elegant and graceful.
If you do not want to invite a professional choreographer, rehearsals are still necessary. You can do this at home or in the restaurant where the banquet will take place. If you spend a few rehearsals in wedding shoes and an outfit that looks like a formal attire, it will only benefit you. It is best to start preparing a month and a half before the wedding, especially if both of you have not been dancing before. There are a great many options for the dance of the newlyweds, here are the classic waltz, and passionate tango, and incendiary Latin dances, and rock and roll, and oriental melodies.
When choosing a style of wedding dance, it is worth considering the following nuances:
- your desires;
- the temperament of both spouses;
- physical training;
- dance experience (or lack thereof);
- preparation time;
- celebration style;
- a hall for a wedding banquet;
- outfits and shoes chosen for the wedding.
When staging a dance, several important points should be taken into account.
- The room where the ceremony will take place. It is worth noting that the size of the dance floor directly affects the movements in the dance. Small space limits the choice of dance steps, as well as the height of the ceilings in the banquet hall.
- Floor. The material with which the floor of the room is paved also matters. So, the tiled floor seriously limits the freedom of movement. In this situation, flat shoes are comfortable, which are not suitable for all genres of music. It is good to dance slow waltzes on a marble floor, but the heel must be stable and with a wide base, otherwise (especially in the case of high studs with metal heels) there is a high risk of slipping. The parquet is almost perfect, but there is a drawback — it can creak. And also there is a high probability of partners lagging behind due to unimportant slip.
- Shoes. For a wedding dance number, it’s best to stock up on a spare pair of comfortable shoes.
- Guests. It is necessary to take into account the scheme of seating guests in the hall.
- Shooting a celebration. Do not forget about the operators capturing this event. Try to get them to shoot the dance number from the most impressive angle.
- duration. Often the dance of the bride and groom lasts 2–3 minutes.
- Bride’s wedding dress. The dress should not hinder the bride’s movements.
Next in importance are the dances of young spouses with their parents.
The waltz of the groom with his mother is a touching and emotional spectacle, because before the wedding, it was the mother who was the most important woman in the life of a young husband. It is on the day of her son’s marriage that she passes him into the gentle hands of his wife.
The son in this dance must express how much he cherishes and loves his mother. Often a lyrical dance is chosen for this, but no one forbids a dashing, cheerful dance. The background can be a slide show of children’s photos.
A tradition is also the dance of a freshly baked husband with his mother-in-law. It should be funny and playful. A young son-in-law shows how he will respect and love his second mother in the future. Humorous sketches also do not hurt. As a musical composition, a cheerful song about the mother-in-law is usually selected.
Gift for the bride from the groom with friends
Nowadays, there is a fashion among young spouses to give each other songs and dances. Often a gift from the groom is performed with a group of friends. Such a massive gift will touch the hearts of everyone at the wedding.
Do not forget that this dance is a gift from a husband to his charming wife, and it is he who should attract special attention.
This dance number can be staged in several scenarios.
- Classical dance in the same style. Guys choose a genre to their liking. Usually they prefer an incendiary dance — rock and roll, Caucasian tunes and others, where they show their strength, energy and masculinity. If you rehearse well in advance, you will get a bright pearl of a gala evening.
- Funny and funny dance. Humorous production with the groom in the title role.
- Surprise dance. Friends of the young spouse begin a dance among the banquet, to which the newly-made husband also joins. Such a gift will touch the hearts of both those invited and the charming young wife.
Important! It is worth preparing well for this number. The help of a professional choreographer will not hurt here either.
How to prepare an interesting surprise dance, you will see in the next video.