The popularity of this type of shooting as Love-story, Engagement session, or in simple words — a pre-wedding photo shoot, is growing by leaps and bounds. And if a couple of years ago the place of such photography was the standard central park in the city, today lovers are experimenting by arranging a photo shoot in their own apartment, or staging the plot of their favorite movie! In this article, we will share with you a lot of ideas for interesting locations for shooting love-story, as well as give recommendations on choosing the best bows for you and your significant other.
What photos do you like? Among the many photo shoots that you will watch or have already watched, there will surely be those that really hooked you. Either these are sincere emotions, gentle touches and close-ups of loving eyes. Or these are chic images of a couple from a 60s movie. Either this is a wow-shoot during a parachute jump or a picnic on the top of Ai-Petri. Find a style that’s right for you.
What should be determined first of all:
1 Towhat will be the plot of your love story
Will you go to an amusement park or a horse ride outside the city, or will you reincarnate as the main characters of your favorite book, or will you do household chores together — cook, iron, clean? Three types of subjects are popular in love story photography: an event (acquaintance, first kiss, marriage proposal), favorite movie (book, story, fairy tale), process (any joint process from cooking pancakes to skydiving).
2 What will be the style of your love story
Do you like to pose for the camera or do you prefer to be yourself?
A love-story photo session can be staged or reportage.
Reportage shooting is a series of shots of real emotions and the real you. All you need is to forget about the presence of the photographer and make time for each other without hiding your feelings. The result of such a photo shoot will be live pictures, wonderful moments of time spent together, skillfully captured by the photographer. Such photos are often filled with tenderness, smiles and warmth.
A staged photo shoot gives more beautiful shots with meaning. And if you also decided to shoot a story! Just imagine, you are in the role of the main character of the movie “The Great Gatsby”, and your personal Leonardo DiCaprio pours champagne into your glass. You will not find such photos in the phone of friends!
Most plot and staged love-story require special props and scenery. Think about transporting bulky items and take this into account when choosing a location for a photo session.
When choosing a photographer, pay attention to the dominant style of photo shoots in his portfolio. There are professionals who make amazing reportage shots. And there are geniuses of staged shooting and subsequent processing of photographs in the appropriate style.
3 What will be the theme of your love-story
When deciding on a theme for your upcoming love story, don’t forget to consider your lifestyle and hobbies. The photographer will be able to effectively beat your ability to play the piano or your boyfriend’s passion for football, your love of books or your ritual of preparing dinner together on Sundays.
If you are from different cities, why not take the train station as the location? And if you can’t imagine life without your pets — frame them immediately!
Look for a place for photography based on your chosen style and love-story plot. Don’t forget about accessories: balloons, blankets, sparklers, books, wine — they will make the pictures more interesting.
Locations for filming Love-story
Sea, river or lake
If you are lucky enough to live by the sea, don’t hesitate — a wild beach, a steep slope or the deck of a small yacht will be the perfect place to shoot, regardless of the time of year. A river or lake is also a great option: rent a boat or go watch the sunset.
The forest is one of the most accessible locations for photography. And shots in the forest can be made surprisingly atmospheric. It will be just a walk among the long-lived oaks, or a trip with a tent — it’s up to you.
If you live in a mountainous area, of course, you should take advantage of this! In winter — skiing or playing snowballs, in summer — climb to the top, and believe me, at the height your words of love to each other will sound especially romantic.
To shoot a spring love story Chanfashion invites you to add a botanical garden to the list of locations. And perhaps you know where else in the city you can find a variety of flowering trees? No matter how trite this option may look, beautiful shots in the portfolio of photographers prove that a blooming spring garden is a great place to shoot.
The streets of the native city are perfect for reportage photography. Arrange a walk in the historical center or, on the contrary, go to the areas of modern skyscrapers and mirrored business centers.
- Early in the morning — when the city is still sleeping, the streets are deserted and deserted, and the two of you are walking, holding hands or hugging, kissing on one of the squares of the city.
- Night the metropolis is beautiful with lights, billboards and luminous shop windows.
Fortunately, today’s young people no longer take pictures with monuments, but take a mat and a picnic basket with them to the park.
Country house, cottage
You can get a lot of new emotions and great shots outside the city! It’s good if you have relatives in the village, and if not, look for a farm in the vicinity of your area. You can go to this location:
- to a meadow or flowering meadow
- to the wheat field
- in a field with sunflowers
- to the cornfield
- for a walk with horses
- ride a tractor or truck
You see how many ideas can be realized in one location!
Cotton candy, a Ferris wheel, a shooting gallery and other slot machines are just the perfect atmosphere for fun live photos!
This location is ideal for a love-story in retro style. And why not reincarnate as the heroes of your favorite movie “The Aviator”?
Not the most popular place for a photo shoot, but in our opinion, it deserves your attention. The atmosphere of the library, the special smell of books, hundreds of shelves right up to the ceiling — there is some kind of romance in this place, agree? And you definitely won’t see such photos with your friends.
You can relax, and as a result, get cute natural photos in places where you often go together. Favorite cafe or small restaurant is a good location for shooting a love-story.
You can take great pictures at home too!
If your kitchen is large enough to accommodate a photographer and lighting fixtures, make pizza or blueberry pie together. If you cannot boast of a large kitchen area, a great option is to rent a loft apartment. The fact is that “home” photos are especially cozy and sincere.
Wrapped up in a blanket on the couch, read books or magazines to each other, or maybe just fool around — behave as if you are alone, and the result of a homemade love-story will exceed your expectations.
The most intimate, personal place in the apartment — your bedroom — will be the best place to shoot if you want to get something more than just beautiful photos. No location will give you so many feelings, tenderness, romance, comfort and beauty. That is why bedrooms in photo studios are so popular.
A rather new idea for Ukraine is the idea of a place for romantic photography. Your pictures will be truly original. This place can only be a point in the reportage shooting of the couple’s joint day. That is, part of a long list of locations: going to the store, walking the dog, washing the car, going to the movies, and so on.
If there is no sea or river nearby, but you want to fill your photos with a summer mood, feel free to choose a pool! Cocktails, inflatable flamingos and your good mood: we promise, the pictures will be very bright!
Football field, basketball field, golf course
We can’t help but tell you about these locations! Tennis courts, a billiards club or an art studio — such places for a love-story should be chosen if one of your couple is fond of or professionally engaged in such activities.
I would like to highlight a bike ride as a love-story theme as a separate item. In the west, shooting a couple on bicycles is very popular. And while a bike is a photo shoot accessory, not a place, any place can be turned into a photo location when there are bikes!
For couples who value thrills and a non-standard approach. Of course, such a love story is full of romance, and a professional photographer with special equipment will make the pictures unrealistically cool.
And again, the case when the place is not as important as the accessory. Photo session for creative and cheerful couples. Such emotions cannot be played!
- The location for the love-story should correspond to the theme you have chosen. For example, arrange a photo session in the style of the Wild West at a ranch, in the style of Gatsby — in a luxurious mansion, romantic — in a cafe or on the street during the rain.
- The locations where you will shoot your love-story can be filled with additional decor elements: chairs, wicker chairs, balls, huge Love letters. You can make a swing, an arch of flowers, use a car, a fence, umbrellas and many other accessories.
- Why not create more than one image, but several, and spend part of the photo shoot in a romantic mood, part — having fun and laughing.
Clothes for Love-story
When choosing clothes for a photo shoot, be guided by the plot and location of your love-story.
- A loose, light dress and a light-colored shirt with rolled up sleeves — in such clothes you will look good walking along the streets of your native city.
- If you tell your story in a chic country house or hotel room, choose an evening dress for yourself and a suit, tuxedo or tailcoat for your man.
Give preference to light colors in clothes. And let the shoes be light and comfortable.
- For forests and mountains, Casual style clothing is ideal: boots, plaid shirts with jeans.
- In summer, on the shore of a reservoir, light dresses or chintz sundresses look beautiful — for you, and satin trousers or shorts with a cotton loose shirt — for the groom. And barefoot!
- For filming in winter, you can use not the winter outerwear itself (if you have a chic coat, of course, you can wear it), but separate elements — sweaters, hats or all kinds of scarves. These bright accessories will look advantageous in the photo.
It is easy to freeze in winter, so dress warmly: let only your rosy cheeks be in the photo, and not your red nose and blue lips.
Color solutions for clothes
- You choose the color for clothes, guided by the basic principle — “It suits me!”.
- The next important condition is not to “merge” with nature: in summer, against the background of green nature, your green outfit will be lost in the same way as in winter a white dress against the background of snowdrifts and sparkling snow.
- The third rule is that the colors of your bows should be in harmony.
General style of dress
You are a single whole, so the style of your couple’s clothes should be a confirmation of this. We offer you two option:
- The two of you wear the same style of clothes, but different shades.
- Each of you has your own image, but the elements are united: the same scarves, hats, baseball caps or shoes.
Family bows and clothes carefully selected for subject photography look very cool!
So, let’s sum it up:
- The clothes chosen for the photo session should be comfortable and comfortable.
- The story you choose should be fully manifested in the clothes.
- Spare clothing may come in handy. Even if you don’t use it, knowing that you have everything under control will help you fully surrender to photography.
We hope, after our articles you full ideas and inspiration for forthcoming to you filming love-story! Choose perfect corresponding your money plot. Search place, which will allow to you to embody all their ideas. But main, not forget, what all around only background for your sincere