To make your guests remember your holiday for a long time, you can prepare small gifts in the form ofbonbonnieres. These little surprises are boxes filled with sweets or souvenirs. The bride and groom give them to each guest as a sign of respect and gratitude.
Why do you need bonbonnieres at a wedding?
With their help, you will create a special mood for yourself and your guests at the celebration, they will become an excellent element ofdecor if they are in harmony with the chosen color scheme and are made in the same style for the entire wedding. In addition, they will remind guests of your holiday for a long time. In general, the tradition of giving guests bonbonnieres originated in France in the sixteenth century, newlyweds most often put five sweets in boxes, which symbolized the wishes of long life, fertility, happiness, prosperity and health.
Bonbonnieres can be presented to guests at the entrance to the banquet hall or placed on festive tables next to name cards. Alternatively, you can give them when you receive gifts from your guests. They will surely be pleased that you thank them for their efforts. Also, bonbonnieres can be placed by waiters when changing dishes closer to the end of the festive evening.
How to makebonbonnieres?
There are a huge number of possible design options for bonbonnieres, any of them can make a lasting impression on your guests. Boxes, chests, cylinders, caskets — it all depends on your imagination and financial capabilities. You can decorate them as you wish: use ribbons, lace, beads, rhinestones, flowers. You can print your initials on the boxes or glue photos. Why don’t you try making your own bonbonnieres? We bring to your attention several options for how to make bonbonnieres for a wedding.
- Prepare colored cardboard or thick paper, make a separate drawing of the proposed model, cut out the parts and carefully connect them. By the way, the work will look neater and more beautiful if you use not glue, but double-sided tape.
- Take a box as a basis and turn it into a chest, handbag or house. Think carefully about what shape you will make, and then prepare the missing parts from colored cardboard.
- You can take the material for decorating gifts, it can be either transparent or in a color that matches your celebration. Carefully pack prepared souvenirs or sweets and tie a beautiful bow.
- It is very easy to make boxes in the form of triangular cakes. And remember that the whole highlight lies not so much in the chosen model of the bonbonniere, but in its design.
Bonbonnieres for a wedding: what to put?
We have selected interesting ideas that will help make your celebration memorable. It is possible that, inspired by our advice, you will come up with your own, even more original option for filling bonbonnieres.
- Candles will always help create a romantic mood. You can find interesting figured candles or opt for classically shaped scented candles.
- And why not put a jar of sweet jam or marmalade inside the bonbonnieres? Especially such a gift will please the sweet tooth.
- If youris planned in the cold season, you can give guests tea — write your common name on each bag or put the date of the wedding.
- You can buy a beautiful mug for each guest that matches the style of your holiday.
Thus, filling the bonbonniere depends only on your imagination and financial constraints. The main thing is that gifts in any case will be pleasant to your guests.