Who among us did not want to live with his chosen one happily ever after without quarrels and disagreements? But this happens only in fairy tales, in real life everything is much more complicated. Each couple can name several family crises, the causes of which were a variety of circumstances — someone was burdened by the habits of their spouse, someone finds it difficult to combine career and family, and someone is tired of the monotony in bed. Experts identify 10 main causes of the crisis of the modern family, manifested at different stages of the development of the relationship of a married couple.
Causes of family crises
- Problems in a couple are often associated with the adaptation period (age crisis) of one of the partners. This condition is more difficult in the absence of mutual understanding in the family, if everyone is left alone with their experiences.
- One of the most common causes of a family crisis is the unpreparedness of partners for marriage. A great passion subsides over time, and all the flaws of the characters that were not noticed before due to a strong emotional upsurge come to the surface. Overcoming this state is possible with the joint solution of emerging everyday problems from the first days of marriage.
- Bed crisis. After some time (usually 3 or more years), the spouses cool off towards each other, the woman lacks romance, the man is tired of the monotony. The result may well be betrayal, and even divorce. The recipe for solving this problem is simple — bed experiments and constant self-care.
- Religious differences. Often questions of faith are not fundamental at first, but over time, excessive piety or its complete absence can cause frequent family quarrels. The same applies to national traditions.
- Long separation or constant business trips. They say that during a breakup, feelings only grow stronger, but for some, this turns out to be too much of a test.
- Serious health problems. It seems unthinkable to break off relations because of the illness of the second half, but it is very difficult to constantly solve all family problems alone, to be both financial and moral support.
- Money problems. It is rare to find a family in which spouses have the same income and equally invest in housekeeping. Hence the calculations of who brought more into the house, and who spent more. And if there has also been a deterioration in the financial situation, then this period will definitely not pass without quarrels.
- Different views on raising children. Often, spouses see the upbringing process in different ways, but even if they manage to agree among themselves, grandparents enter the process, it is much more difficult to find a compromise with them.
- status difference. Often one spouse has a better education, a better job, or a higher cultural development. But instead of growing to the level of the other, the partners remain the same, as a result, the laggard becomes uninteresting to the one who is one step higher.
- Very common causes of the crisis of the modern family are unresolved problems of past periods. Constant haste provokes not work on the situation, but attempts not to notice the disagreements that accumulate and result in a grandiose scandal.
No matter how many crises happen in a family, all of them can be overcome only if there is trust between the spouses and the desire to create comfortable living conditions for each other.