Every person dreams of being understood, accepted as he is, supported and helped in difficult situations. These wishes especially concern family relations. That is why it is so unpleasant when family members begin to show hostility and disrespect to each other.
Due to their physiological and psychological characteristics, men are more likely than women to show disrespect for their partners. The fair sex can endure for a long time, but then they begin to seek the advice of a psychologist on how to teach their husband a lesson for disrespect.
Psychologists’ advice on how to teach a man a lesson for disrespect
Before you fight with your husband’s disrespect, you should think about whether he does it on purpose or because of some habit that has been stretching since childhood. If disrespect and rudeness are drawn from his past, then patience is needed for a man to realize his wrong behavior.
Things are worse if a man shows disrespect deliberately, showing that he is the boss in the house and has the right to do as he wants. If a woman is thinking about how to take revenge on her husband for disrespect, she can use the following tips:
- Announce a boycott. Quite often, it is the “playing silent” that helps a man understand that something is going wrong.
- Do not go to bed with him. Usually a few nights are enough for the husband to become more accommodating.
- Do as he does, following the principle of “an eye for an eye.” If the husband did not return from work, having gone for a walk with friends, you can repeat his behavior the next day, leaving a note with the words: “Darling, I also decided to take a walk with my friends …”
- The greatest punishment is the deprivation of the most beloved. For example, if a man likes to spend the evening together, leave the house. If he likes a delicious dinner, don’t cook it. There is a very interesting point here: the more pleasant joint moments a wife and husband have, the more options for how you can punish a husband for disrespect for his wife.
- Stop washing and ironing clothes. Sooner or later it will become clear to him that you are very angry.
- Leave the children to her husband and go on business, on a business trip. A few days alone with children can sober up any man.
However, the best option for dealing with disrespect in the family is to demonstrate the right behavior, patience, conversations, explanations and compromises. The most important thing in a family is to maintain a benevolent environment. Time will pass, and the husband will become softer and kinder, because the positive influence of his wife will certainly soften the rough male heart.