Marriage and family relations are a very complex structure of modern society. According to official statistics, more than half of registered marriages break up. It is difficult to name certain problems of family and marriage relations, because, as you know, everyone has their own reason for discord.
Types of marriage and family relations
Depending on what kind of family and marriage relations are established between the newlyweds, one can also judge how the family will develop, how long people will live together. Today, the word “divorce” is no longer scary, as it used to be, and more and more people are remarrying.
So, consider what types of relationships in the family are:
one. By family background:
- newlyweds — people who are in euphoria after theand do not believe that they can face problems;
- a young family — people who have already realized that this love is not enough, they still need care, mutual understanding and trust;
- family expecting a child — very serious changes in relationships, the development of a new way of life;
- middle-aged family (10 years together) — the emergence of routine, conflicts, it is necessary to reconsider the way of life and add new interests to it;
- family of older marital age — common interests, the ability to negotiate come to the fore;
- a family of advanced marital age (with the advent of grandchildren) — a breath of new air, interest in grandchildren.
2. By number of children:
- childless (16% of families);
- one-child (50% of families);
- small children (1–2 children);
- large families (3 or more children, divorce is almost excluded).
3. The quality of relationships in the family:
- socially disadvantaged.
In fact, families can be classified according to an infinite number of features. After all, in addition to families where children are raised by mom and dad, there are single-parent families where one of the parents is missing. Do not forget that the development of family and marriage relations is the responsibility of both spouses.Factors destroying marriage and family relations
As a rule, the crisis of family and marriage relations occurs at certain intervals: 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, 7 years, 10 years, 20 years and then every 10 years. To date, the following factors are considered to significantly increase the likelihood of divorce:
- divorce or conflict between the parents of one of the spouses (or both);
- cohabitation in the living space of the parents with them;
- intervention of parents in the relationship of spouses;
- the use of alcohol and drugs by spouses or one of them;
- adultery in marriage, lack of trust;
- any bad addictions of one or both of the spouses (gambling, excitement, etc.);
- forced separation of spouses (business trips, shift work, etc.);
- high professional employment of women (this is called the “bicareer family”);
- too early or too late age of marriage;
- premarital pregnancy (this is called “stimulated” marriages);
- the birth of a child in the first 1–2 years of marriage;
- high conflict of both spouses;
- infertility, inability to have children of one of the spouses;
- overload or physical exhaustion due to work or study;
- selfishness of one or both spouses;
- unrealistic expectations.
In order to maintain relationships, it is worth discussing them: assigning responsibilities, establishing “possible” and “impossible”, and most importantly, not involving other people in them. It is believed that as soon as the problems in the family become public, the family begins to fall apart at an accelerated pace.