Putting a ring on her finger, a woman is sure that she has won a man with whom she can live a long and happy life. In some cases, the struggle for a lover is just beginning, as he will need to be shared with the most important woman in his life — his mother. Often the relationship between the mother-in-law and the daughter-in-law does not add up, and the advice of a psychologist in such a situation will be most welcome. It is by choosing the right tactics of behavior that it will be possible to establish relationships and live in harmony and happiness.
Psychologist’s advice on how to communicate with the mother-in-law
Despite the fact that women of different ages and characters face in such a conflict, there are some tricks that will help build relationships and avoid serious quarrels. Most often, conflicts arise because of jealousy, opinions about housekeeping and living conditions.
Psychologist’s advice on how to put the mother-in-law in place:
- Relationships must be built with three important qualities in mind: respect, tact, and patience.
- It is important to take care of your husband, because it is important for every mother to see that her child is well-groomed, fed and happy. After some time, the mother-in-law will realize that she has given her son into good hands.
- If the mother-in-law hates her daughter-in-law, then the following advice from a psychologist will help improve relations: show signs of attention to a relative. Call regularly to inquire about your health, help you shop, give you a ride to the hospital, and more. The challenge is to let your mother-in-law know that she is not alone and is an important part of your life.
- Living with the mother-in-law on the same territory, it is important to understand that she is the mistress in this house. If you live separately, then take her to visit as if she were royalty.
- To improve relations with your mother-in-law, use the following psychologist’s advice: ask your mother-in-law for advice, just don’t be intrusive. You can start with culinary tips regarding your husband’s favorite dishes.
- Look for common ground, for example, love for mother-in-law and daughter-in-law can unite serials or needlework.
- Sincerely praise your mother-in-law in front of other people, pointing out her real positive aspects. “Word of mouth” will certainly convey rumors to a relative who will be pleased to learn about such a manifestation of love.
In conclusion, I would like to say that you need to behave naturally, showing your positive qualities, because it was for them that your husband fell in love with you, which means that your mother-in-law will notice them sooner or later.