name change after marriage

After the wed­ding, the wife takes her hus­band’s sur­name, as it was done from ancient times, but ear­li­er, chang­ing the sur­name after mar­riage did not entail the replace­ment of so many doc­u­ments. There is a lot of trou­ble with this, and if you don’t meet the dead­lines, then you can run into penal­ties.

How to change the surname after marriage in the passport?

  • chang­ing a sur­name upon mar­riage is option­al, a woman can take a dou­ble sur­name or leave her maid­en name, but this must be decid­ed before sub­mit­ting an appli­ca­tion to the reg­istry office. Because this infor­ma­tion will be reflect­ed in the mar­riage cer­tifi­cate;
  • one month is giv­en to change a pass­port after mar­riage, the terms for chang­ing a sur­name are the same for Rus­sia, Belarus and Ukraine. When using an old pass­port for more than 1 month after mar­riage, penal­ties are imposed on the own­er;
  • the pass­port is changed at the pass­port office, you must have an old pass­port, an appli­ca­tion for a replace­ment, a receipt for pay­ment of state duty, a mar­riage cer­tifi­cate and pho­tographs (for res­i­dents — 4 pieces, for cit­i­zens of Ukraine — 2 pieces);
  • after mar­riage, it will be nec­es­sary to change the sur­name, both in the pass­port and in oth­er doc­u­ments. This is a pen­sion insur­ance cer­tifi­cate, a com­pul­so­ry med­ical insur­ance pol­i­cy, a for­eign pass­port, a dri­ver’s license, plas­tic cards, pass­books, if edu­ca­tion has not yet been com­plet­ed, then you will have to change edu­ca­tion doc­u­ments.

Change of surname in the passport after marriage

Many cou­ples want to go on a hon­ey­moon away from their home. How, in this case, to change the sur­name after mar­riage, is it pos­si­ble to change the pass­port imme­di­ate­ly after receiv­ing a mar­riage cer­tifi­cate, or can you use a doc­u­ment with a maid­en name for some time?

See also
Fictitious marriage

The law does not estab­lish dead­lines for chang­ing a pass­port, but in order to avoid mis­un­der­stand­ings, it is bet­ter to change it imme­di­ate­ly after chang­ing your sur­name. There is anoth­er way — not to change either the inter­nal pass­port or the for­eign one and go on a trip under the old sur­name. And do the paper­work upon your return. True, in this case, it is nec­es­sary to accu­rate­ly cal­cu­late all the dead­lines so as not to pay a fine for an over­due doc­u­ment.

How to change the surname in other documents after marriage?

If every­thing end­ed with the change of two pass­ports, then women would not have any ques­tions about tak­ing or not tak­ing their hus­band’s sur­name. But oth­er doc­u­ments are also sub­ject to change, since accord­ing to your pass­port you are already a dif­fer­ent per­son.

  1. After mar­riage, when chang­ing the sur­name, the rights to the car are sub­ject to replace­ment. To exchange them, you will need to con­tact the cen­tral traf­fic police of the city, hav­ing in your hands the old rights, a new pass­port, a mar­riage cer­tifi­cate and a receipt for pay­ment of the state duty.
  2. The change of sur­name will also be reflect­ed in the work book, but it is not nec­es­sary to change it, the employ­er him­self will make the nec­es­sary notes. It is also his respon­si­bil­i­ty to exchange the pen­sion insur­ance cer­tifi­cate, med­ical pol­i­cy and TIN. Non-work­ing ladies will have to take care of chang­ing the last three doc­u­ments on their own.
  3. To change the TIN, you need to con­tact the ter­ri­to­r­i­al office of the tax ser­vice, not for­get­ting to take a new pass­port, an old cer­tifi­cate and an appli­ca­tion with you. The med­ical pol­i­cy will be changed in the insur­ance com­pa­ny, and the pen­sion cer­tifi­cate needs to be changedlast name change after marriage in the ter­ri­to­r­i­al office of the Pen­sion Fund.
  4. Sav­ings books and bank cards must be changed at the bank at the place of issue. You need to take a mar­riage cer­tifi­cate, pass­port and appli­ca­tion with you.
  5. If you have not com­plet­ed your stud­ies yet, then you will need to pro­vide a copy of the mar­riage cer­tifi­cate and appli­ca­tion to the edu­ca­tion­al insti­tu­tion. On the basis of these doc­u­ments, the nec­es­sary changes will be made to the stu­dent card and grade book.
  6. A per­son­al account for pay­ing util­i­ty bills, prop­er­ty rights and an entre­pre­neur’s cer­tifi­cate will also need to be replaced.
See also
Wedding hairstyles with a diadem