Provence is associated with emerald vineyards, lavender fields, olive groves, azure sea, what could be more suitable for a celebration. A Provence styleis suitable for gentle couples who love romance, tranquility and lightness. This style is rustic, many call it French country. Before you start organizing a celebration, it is recommended to find out information about the area, traditions and features of the region.
Wedding decoration in Provence style
This region is characterized by somewhat muted colors: cream, lavender, olive, sand, terracotta and other shades. To diversify pastel colors, use a few bright blotches. A Provencal styleneeds careful development of each issue, as every little thing will create the general mood of the celebration.
Important components of a French Provence wedding
In order for the celebration to fully correspond to the chosen direction, you need to consider:
- Groom and bride outfits. Today you can find a bridesmaid dress that is specially designed for this style. The most important thing is simplicity and naturalness. It is recommended to choose a light, flying dress, without corsets and extra splendor. As for jewelry, choose elegant products that will complement the image. For the groom, you should also choose a simple suit made from natural materials. You can choose a suit in which the jacket and trousers are of different colors. You can also complete the look with suspenders, an unusual belt, a hat, etc.
- Organization of ain Provence style. It is best to choose spring for the celebration, when flowers begin to bloom, the beginning of autumn, or summer time, when lavender blooms — July-August. Give preference to an outdoor ceremony, which can be held in a country house or just in nature by setting up tents. To decorate arches, chairs and walkways, choose flying materials and wildflowers.
- Automobile. If possible, choose a wagon decorated with flowers and drawn by a beautiful horse. Otherwise, a retro car is suitable, which needs to be decorated with wreaths of wildflowers and lavender-colored ribbons.
- Accessories. Invitations should be gentle and as simple as possible, for example, it can be a card decorated with a sprig of lavender. Put lavender soap or a small jar of honey and a few sprigs of Provence herbs in bonbonnieres.
- Decor. To decorate the banquet venue, choose vintage items, but they should be as simple as possible. For example, wooden furniture is a little aged, wicker chairs, small pillows, etc. Textiles used should be made only from natural materials.
- Treats. At a Provencal-style wedding, products that are typical for this particular region should be served: honey, fragrant crispy bread, cheese, fruits. The French also love fried meat, truffles, salads, etc. As for drinks, this is a delicious wine. Acake must certainly include honey, milk and fragrant spices in your recipe.
In the South of France, grooms do not redeem the bride, but simply arrange a dinner for relatives from the bride’s side. It is customary to decorate the road from the place of marriage to the car with an arch formed from different colors. An interesting tradition was carried out during the ceremony: the groom had to give the house key to the bride, which she fastened to her belt, which meant that now she became the mistress. In Provence, guests also shower the newlyweds with money, sweets and lavender flowers for blessing.