The name “wooden wedding” was given to the 5‑year anniversary of the couple’s life together, the first solid period that the couple lived, overcoming difficulties and rejoicing in mutual understanding. It is customary to celebrate it with friends and relatives who witnessed the marriage, if there are children, they can also play a major role in solemn and fun ceremonies.
What does woodenmean?
What kind ofis wooden, and why is it called that? The name of the 5th anniversary is associated with a tree that symbolizes life and fertility. In ancient times, the couple already had more than one child, but the first-born — it certainly was, it was believed that the husband and wife, like trees, are intertwined with branches on which their child sleeps. And the spouses have already managed to build their own house in 5 years, furnishing it with new furniture, which should be replenished or even updated for guests who like a wooden wedding.
The symbol of this date — a tree — means:
- a hint of a stronger relationship that will be on the copper or silveranniversary.
How to celebrate a wooden wedding?
To make the event memorable for everyone, it is worth considering in advance the scenario for holding a wooden wedding. It is optimal to invite guests to a picnic or to a restaurant where the halls are decorated with wood. A bathhouse is also suitable for a cheerful youth company, but then it is worth moving so that there is a place for fun activities. There are several memorable rites that have played the role of a symbol and amulet since ancient times:
- Choose the most beautiful tree in the garden and decorate it with ribbons. On them, guests should attach notes with wishes. If the spouses live in an apartment, a houseplant will do, you can even give it as a gift for an anniversary.
- Husband and wife plant a tree together, for this purpose it is best suited:
- oak — a symbol of longevity;
- birch — purity and light;
- linden — family happiness.
You can plant several different seedlings. According to ancient custom, a couple should go around the tree 5 times, saying: “Like a tree is strong, so a tree is flowery, like a tree is flexible, so a tree is reliable. May our family be like this forever and ever.”
- Another long-standing tradition is the tying of five ribbons by the spouses on trees that they especially liked.
- The husband must make a thing out of wood, and the wife must paint it. Guests will evaluate the creativity of the couple, so it is better to practice in such work in advance. The craft will be a symbol of unity for the coming years.
There are other more modern or fun options for those looking for a woodengift:
- bring a small log, which the spouses must cut;
- organize a horse ride in the park;
- invite the husband and wife to assemble a wooden puzzle on which clues are burned — dates from the family life of the spouses.
What to give for a wooden wedding?
What do you give for a wooden wedding? Since the tree is considered a talisman against adversity and misfortune, it is customary to give products made from this material on the 5thanniversary. You can choose another gift by packing it in a wooden box. And the choice of presentations is very wide:
- frames for photographs or paintings;
- interior decorations;
- beautiful boxes;
- cutting boards;
- dishes, vases made of wood;
- brushwood paintings.
What to give your husband for a wooden wedding?
The wife should choose a gift for her husband for a woodenwith humor and fiction, taking into account his tastes and preferences. The most successful options:
- for a smoker — a smoking pipe with a funny engraving;
- for a passionate fisherman — a box of vines with fishing accessories;
- for a bath lover — a wooden bucket or slippers, a bath broom.
If the husband does not have obvious habits, you can focus on a set of wooden products that any man will like:
- beer mug;
- oak barrel with cognac;
- picnic items;
- car wraps made of wooden beads;
- carved gear knob
What to give your wife for a wooden wedding?
It is difficult for many men to decide what gift to give to their wife for a wooden wedding. First you need to decide which series it should be from. We offer two series: for beauty and for usefulness, items must be made of wood. For benefit:
- bread bins;
- flower stands;
- bracelets, beads;
- table to serve breakfast in bed.
What to give children for a wooden wedding?
If a couple has children, then they should not be deprived of gifts either, because the present for the baby will be pleasant for parents. What can be presented for a woodento children? It is best to first clarify what the son or daughter of the anniversaries are fond of so that the toy is a joy. The choice of fun from the tree is large, most of all the kids love:
- musical instruments;
- Yulu, cubes;
- pyramids, knockers;
- puzzles and puzzles.