Today, the most populargift for newlyweds is money. Yes, it is trite, but this is the most necessary thing of all that you can imagine, and it obviously will not be superfluous. Many newlyweds themselves ask for banknotes, especially if the new family is planning a honeymoon trip or a major purchase. However, not all newlyweds are so banal, and some dream of receiving originalgifts. There are many options, the main thing is to use your imagination!
Wedding gifts from parents
Traditionally, it is the newly-minted father-in-law and father-in-law who are the most generous and give their children the best gifts they can afford. For example, agift to the groom could be an apartment or a car, or a large sum of money, enough for a mortgage down payment. In many families, such gifts are given even before theand are not announced at the celebration itself.
As agift to the bride, things that would fit as a “dowry” are usually used — a fur coat, expensive jewelry, something from large household appliances.
In some cases, parents agree to donate a specific amount together, or organize a honeymoon trip for the young. It all depends on the financial capabilities of families.
Wedding Gift Ideas
If the now classicgreeting with a gift in the form of an envelope with banknotes does not suit you, and you want to distinguish yourself, it is quite possible to choose something that will surely come in handy for the newlyweds in their new family home. The better you know a couple, the easier it will be for you to make a choice.
- If you are short on money, but you still want to make a good gift, give something from small household appliances. For example, a pancake maker, steamer, deep fryer, food processor, air grill, electric coffee grinder, toaster, steam iron or microwave. These things will please any hostess! The main thing is to find out if any of the guests decided to please the young in the same way.
- The best gift is a gift that meets the interests of the young. If both of them are lovers of, say, Kafka or Tolstoy, you can donate a collection of works. If they love Van Gogh art, give them a quality reproduction. Movie lovers will enjoy a large collection of films and a modern DVD player.
- You can also choose jokegifts — for example, a pack of fake money, a pack of toilet paper with a $100 bill printed on it, and so on. The main thing is that a good amount of money is attached to this — jokes are jokes, but when you come to the wedding, you should at least recoup some of the costs of the banquet and contribute to the budget of a young family.
- The design of agift can also be comical. For example, if you’re gifting cat lovers a vacuum cleaner, you could cover the box with paper that depicts a new label that says something like “Cat Stress Device” or something like that.
- Now there are a lot of interesting and original novelties that can be presented to young people. For example, a robot vacuum cleaner, a personal planetarium, a video peephole or a wireless baby monitor (which is especially true if the young ones are waiting for replenishment soon).
Whichever option you choose, remember that this is, first of all, a sign of your attention, and not a heavy duty. Treat the choice of a gift with humor, but do not forget about common sense.
Wedding gift to the groom from the bride
Recently, it has become fashionable among newlyweds to give gifts to each other. Entrepreneurial brides sing songs dedicated to their beloved, grooms read poetry or give gold jewelry. The most original versions of such gifts, of course, were recorded on video, and they can always be found on the Internet. This is a great source of ideas and inspiration!