Each anniversary of living together can rightly be called a celebration. The couple were able to live together for another year and become closer and dearer to each other. But the most important of all can be called a cotton- a holiday that marks the first year lived together.
Print- how old is it?
What is a calico wedding, how old is it and what is given on this date, every newlywed should know. Thismarks their first year together. This period is considered the most difficult for a young family, since at this time the spouses have to get to know each other the most and get used to it. For this reason, the first family holiday was called calico. As chintz is thin and fragile, so the young family in this period is fragile and unreliable.
Some etymologists claim that the name of the chintzhas other roots. Young spouses during this period want to enjoy physical intimacy with each other, so they spend most of their time in bed covered with cotton sheets. Gradually, physical intimacy will cease to occupy such an important place in the life of young spouses, and other needs and desires will come to the fore.
Do not worry about what to give for a print wedding. A young family still has many needs and needs, so choosing a gift will not be difficult. According to customs, items made from chintz or other fabric are given to a calico wedding. This custom comes from those times when there were no contraceptives and young people had a baby in the first year of marriage. For this reason, on the anniversary they gave chintz for diapers for a newborn. Now newlyweds rarely have a baby in the first year, but the custom of giving calico has remained.
What to give friends for a print wedding?
A gift for a printis selected taking into account the nature of the couple and the ceremony of the celebration. If you follow the traditions, then the best gift would be such things:
- double set of bed linen;
- a set of elegant fabric napkins for decorating furniture;
- sofa cushions or cushions for car interiors;
- picture on canvas. The ideal option would be if the picture shows a photo of a couple;
- two bathrobes;
- beautiful plaid;
- themed set of bath towels.
What to give your husband for a cotton wedding?
It is not so easy for a wife with a year of experience to choose a gift for her husband for a print wedding. I want the gift to be pleasant, useful and in line with traditions. To do this, you can choose any item from the list of what is given for a chintz wedding, and add a little imagination and humor to it:
- T‑shirt, pajamas or bathrobe with a love inscription;
- bath towel with love inscription;
- warm blanket;
- a cup and a plate with wishes printed on them or a marital photo.
What to give your wife for a print wedding?
Women are gentle and romantic creatures. It is not so important that a man chooses from the list of what can be presented for a chintz wedding, the main thing is that the gift be presented with love and tenderness. A romantic atmosphere, flowers and a gift in a beautiful package, accompanied by words of love, can inspire a lady and make her happy. The most suitable gifts for a wife for a printwill be:
- a set of underwear or a certificate to the store for its purchase;
- beautiful nightgown, peignoir;
- a box of chocolates wrapped in a cotton scarf or tied with a scarf;
- jewelry in fabric packaging;
- soft toy.
What to give for a printto children?
A chintzgift for children can be either practical or symbolic. Due to the fact that the newlyweds have few things, choosing a gift for them is easy. The list of gifts for a printincludes such things:
- a pair of T‑shirts with slogans like: the best husband is the best wife;
- a pair of bathrobes;
- a pair of quality bath towels with thematic inscriptions;
- bedding set;
- elegant tablecloth or napkins for furniture;
- romantic photo session.
Ideas for a print wedding
There are various ways to celebrate a calico wedding, but the choice should be based on the preferences of the couple. Here are popular ideas for a print wedding:
- A visit to the sauna or spa. Here you can relax and get a range of pleasant services.
- Tour travel. On ordinary days, there is not enough time for travel and sightseeing. Why not do it on such a solemn day?
- Trip to the recreation center. Rest in the bosom of nature will cheer you up and help make the day unforgettable.
- Thematic event. If you plan to spend this day with guests, then you can make a theme party. To do this, all guests should be notified in advance so that they pick up the appropriate outfit.
- Amusement park. Two young people are still full of excitement and enthusiasm. A visit to an amusement park and amusement park will charge them with positive energy for a long time.
How to arrange a print wedding?
Along with the question of how to celebrate a print wedding, there is also the problem of decorating the premises in which the event will be held. As mentioned above, the main material of this day is chintz. For this reason, a cotton or gauzeshould be filled with fabrics, soft toys, napkins and other fabric items. It is customary to decorate a room or place for relaxation and a picnic with ribbons, bows, cloth napkins, soft rugs, pillows, and blankets. The decor details used should speak of softness, tenderness, and comfort.
Menu for a print wedding
Holding a print wedding, like any other event, is impossible without a delicious dinner. However, unlike other anniversaries of living together, the menu of a chintzshould be simple and modest. The first year lived symbolizes the beginning, which should be reflected in the menu. The young hostess is still inexperienced, therefore, when choosing dishes, preference should be given to those that do not require much time and culinary skills to cook.
- Traditionally, dishes are prepared, consisting of three or four components.
- Salads and side dishes should be as simple as possible.
- Unpretentious sandwiches, sliced cheeses and sausages, baked chicken — everything should reflect the simplicity of the first year of life.
- The crown of thetable is a cake decorated with figurines of the bride and groom. Unlike other dishes, the cake should be bright and interesting — this is a symbol of future life together.
Rituals for a cotton wedding
All rituals for a chintzare associated with chintz. This fabric, symbolizing the fragility of a young family union, is present in every ritual of this day. Interesting and important rituals of a chintzare:
- The printis celebrated at home, where guests are invited.
- The wife puts on a cotton dress, which she must wear until the evening.
- Young spouses give each other cotton handkerchiefs. They tie a knot on each handkerchief and pronounce an oath of fidelity and love at the same time. This rite symbolizes the desire of the spouses to be eternally bound to each other by marriage.
- The dining table is covered with a chintz tablecloth. In addition, chintz should be present in the decor in the form of ribbons, napkins, artificial flowers.
All signs for a calicoare associated with the well-being of the family and the strength of the union. A chintzis a holiday that suggests that family life is just beginning, and only together can spouses overcome all difficulties and troubles. To understand what awaits the spouses next, the signs of a chintzwill help:
- If on this day the spouses woke up at the same time, it means that the family will soon be replenished.
- If a stranger came to the house that day, one of the spouses will be unfaithful. If a woman came — to the infidelity of her husband, if a man — to the infidelity of his wife.
- Wrinkled linen, clothes, tablecloth — to family quarrels.
- You can’t give pants or socks, because, according to the sign, this is a step towards parting.
- Good and loving relationships between spouses on this day — family life will be pleasant and long. A quarrel or conflict relationship — to a quarrelsome life and parting.
- If a man was the first to enter the house from the guests — to the money, if a woman — to the imminent birth of the first child.