Parents are our most important people, because they gave us life. From them, the child receives primary experience and knowledge, traditions, faith, they are for him a source of knowledge, morality, morality.
Many do not feel grateful in their hearts towards their parents. There are resentments, fears, inability to understand them, unspoken words on the way. And this is a big stone in the soul of a person. The reconciliation process can take years. But you should be persistent, and gradually get rid of resentment and your own unforgiveness. Over time, you will be able to see the reasons and understand the feelings of the parents. Perhaps they had a difficult life or also did not develop relationships with their parents.
Try to reconcile with your parents, improve relationships, find positive things, and things for which you can thank your parents, for example, for your own life, which is the most that they could give.
Gratitude from children to parents can be expressed in several ways:
- Mentally. Remember only their good qualities and deeds. Highlight the virtues and exalt them, even if others do not agree with it. Think positively about them.
- words. Talk about parents and with parents with tenderness and love. Show them the respect and respect you have.
- Actions. Act decently and honestly, because such children can only be with the same wonderful parents. You should help your parents with joy, benevolence, so that they would be pleased to contact you.
- Write letter thanks to parents.
When you get rid of the negativity towards your parents, express your gratitude to them, you will be surprised when you realize how much they have done for you. If you have not yet matured to go to reconciliation, try writing them a letter.
How to write thanks to parents?
- It is better to start words of gratitude to parents from children with gentle treatment: daddy, mommy, loved ones, dear ones. Next, describe some warm memory or funny incident, you can simply state the purpose of this letter. Write sincerely, if you do not feel something, then it is better to omit it altogether in the text.
- Then tell them what you are grateful for. Insert your feelings and thoughts into the text. If this is a gratitude from a daughter to parents for raising children, then in the text indicate how they simplified your life, that you were able to make repairs in the house at that time, or the grandmother’s classes with her grandchildren helped you raise educated children, while you earned money for the family . Even if it is a trifle, mark it in the text, parents will be pleased.
- Remember a bright event from a common life, such memories are dear to all family members. When reproducing it, indicate what impression this incident made on you. Thank your parents that you see the sun, your loved ones, doing what you love. For the little things that are sometimes so important.
- At the end, write how happy you are to have such (state their advantages) parents. Express to them the words of your affection and love. You can mention that you regret that you caused them grief, that you could not always help, that you rarely see them. It would be useful to invite them to a small family feast. Don’t forget to hug and kiss your parents. End the letter by signing with the childhood nickname your parents used to call you. Invest a part of yourself in your gratitude. The letter will not take much time, and the parents will feel needed and valuable to you.
- Remember when an educational institution expresses gratitude to parents for their help or for the excellent upbringing of children, words are written on thick paper and, in general, the form looks like a letter of commendation, on which the following text is written: dear ___ (full name of parents), the school administration expresses gratitude for the good upbringing of his daughter (last name, first name) and for your help to the school. At the bottom of the signature, next to it is a transcript (director, head teacher, class teacher) and the seal of the school. Maybe you should do the same for your parents?
To raise grateful children, parents also need to be grateful to others, because children copy the behavior of adults.