It has long been known that people of different generations understand each other differently, often there are difficulties in mutual understanding. After all, they have different values, views on life, etc. Not all children can boast that their relationship with their mother is at its best. But in fact, parents are able to understand their children, they just need to correctly explain the reasons for their discontent.
Let’s try to figure out how to improve relations with mom and how in the future to correctly explain to her everything that is sore.
Bad relationship with mom — reasons
Consider the possible reasons for the omissions that arise between parents and their children.
- A mother is trying through the life of her daughter to realize her unfulfilled hopes and dreams. Such a motive can be expressed both in a soft push to some ideas or in a strict voicing of one’s own opinion.
- Also, a difficult relationship with the mother can be caused by the child’s desire to receive approval from the mother. You are ready to do whatever is required for the sake of maternal praise. You never get enough of it. The reason for this lies in your childhood. Most likely, from the very childhood you were taught that you need to achieve a lot, while failures were perceived negatively by your parents.
- Big difference in the age of two generations.
- You hear every day constant criticism from your mother. Endless nit-picking further complicates the relationship between mother and daughter.
Relationship problems with mom
Of course, the initial causes of misunderstandings can be very different, their beginning can be hidden even in childhood. It accumulates over the years. There is no point in keeping it to yourself. Here are examples of recommendations on how to improve the relationship between mother and daughter.
- Try to find the reason that drives the decisions, the actions of your mother towards you. It is possible that the incentives for such behavior are her good intentions. When you realize that your parents wish you only happiness, then you should be sympathetic to her actions.
- Understand that you are different generations, different personalities. Your mother, just like you, has her own opinion about your life. But that means you shouldn’t live the life your mother is trying to create for you. Listen to her advice, but also have your own individual opinion on this matter.
- Find out more information about the life of parents. Many of the life facts of a mother are able to give you an answer to why she reproaches you all the time, etc.
- Realize the responsibility that lay with your mother. Put yourself in her place. Feel all the hardships she has ever experienced. Remember how much time she devoted to you. By understanding this, you will be able to easily deal with any troubles that arise in communication with your mother.
So, the relationship between daughter and mother is not always ideal, but this is not a reason to give up. You need to strive to find common ground with your parents. After all, life is short and it is necessary to appreciate every moment lived with them.