Not everyone is lucky to have a peaceful family with loving parents. In modern families, quarrels have already become commonplace. For some people, a quarrel is a certain way of living together, a method of solving problems, but the child does not understand this, he believes that the reason is in him and that he is bad. He feels defenseless and helpless, not knowing which side to take. If a teenager can somehow protest, then the kid is simply afraid when his parents scream, and it doesn’t matter at him or one at the other. Children often have the question of how to reconcile their parents, and in some situations they really manage to establish a family environment.
Causes of conflicts — why parents constantly swear:
- Disrespect for a partner, actions and words that hurt the dignity of a person, mutual insults, often become one of the reasons why parents quarrel. Quarrels will definitely arise in a couple where there is no trust, when one spouse tries to follow the other, control his actions, is jealous for no reason.
- Lack of romance is also the reason why parents fight all the time. Usually there is romance at the beginning of a relationship, but then it gradually disappears. The husband stops caring and paying attention to his wife, the wife stops flirting with her husband, taking care of herself.
- Parents swear because the reality in the family does not meet expectations. Many people have their own vision of life together, and when it goes against reality, quarrels arise. The reason for such quarrels can be a lack of care, tenderness, bad sex, etc.
- Exaggerated demands of partners, as well as when spouses have different ideas about the rights and obligations of each other, contribute to the emergence of mutual dissatisfaction and disappointment.
- Quarrels can arise when the family has boring and monotonous leisure. Day after day, the same thing, no bright emotions, diversity, new sensations. When spouses spend their holidays separately, it also causes scandals between them.
What to do if parents quarrel?
- If parents quarrel, the first thing to do is to establish the cause of the contention. If it is serious — alcohol, betrayal, or you see that the feelings of the parents have cooled down, then you better stay away, the parents will figure it out themselves, and you just need to make their decision.
- Find a compromise. After determining the cause of the problem, try to find a solution that suits both parents on your own.
- Talk to each parent separately. Try to make it look natural, for example, at breakfast, when your father leaves, ask your mother why the parents are arguing, what was the reason, and what will they do next. Questioning is needed to start a conversation. When mom answers these questions, tell me how you worry about their quarrel, that you have bad thoughts. You need to arouse her sympathy and the realization that they have a bad effect on you with their bickering.
- When mom can look at the conflict from a different angle and realizes that she is doing the wrong thing, lie by making up a story that dad really wants to make peace, but does not know how. And be the first to ask for forgiveness.
- Repeat the same steps with your father.
- Don’t be stupid. Do not follow the advice from the series: start injecting, drinking, smoking. Do not start quarreling with your parents yourself, this is not the best way to reconcile them. So you will only aggravate the conflict even more and bring yourself additional problems. You need to reassure, not create additional difficulties for parents.
- If mom does not go to reconciliation, buy flowers and present to her, saying that dad bought it, but he begged you not to say that the bouquet was from him. If the father is offended, buy a cologne that he loves and say that the mother bought the perfume, but asked you to donate it from yourself. The main thing is to continue not to admit that you set it up.
Do not give up and do not lose heart, perhaps you will invent your own method of how to reconcile your parents. Peace to your family!