If in the noughties it was fashionable to be creative in photos using Photoshop, now drones are at the peak of fashion. They will help to shoot photos and videos from a height, save such shots that brides could not even dream of before. Do you also want to use a drone at your wedding but don’t know how? We’ve put together a few tips to help you understand:
1. Do you need a drone for a wedding?
2. What you need to know and prepare before shooting.
3. How to use a drone on a holiday.
Ready? Then let’s deal with Chanfashion .
Do you need a drone for a wedding?
Not every wedding will have something to shoot from the height of the flight. When is a drone not needed:
- Wedding indoors.
- The wedding is modest, in the family circle, up to 20 people.
- The location of the holiday often changes.
- The location of the holiday is in the city, where there are many skyscrapers.
And in these cases you can safely use shooting drone:
- Wedding in nature, open space
- Wedding by the sea or in the mountains
- wedding ceremony
- Many guests, bright design of the location
- Holiday on a yacht on the high seas
- Ceremony on the rooftop
What you need to know and prepare before shooting
Still decided to use the drone at the wedding? Then here’s what you need to prepare:
1. Find a suitable drone, insure it.
2. Find the person responsible for filming. The one who controls the drone must understand how to use it, because this is not just a radio-controlled airplane. You need to find a professional who knows how to create spectacular shots from a height.
3. Don’t give up on the regular photographer. Classic wedding photos, portraits, details — you can’t shoot on a drone. This requires a separate person with a camera.
Find the best wedding photographer you can in the Chanfashion Catalog 🙂
4. Pick weather conditions. If it rains outside, then not only the future wedding album, but also the drone itself may suffer.
5. Find references for photos and videos. When you find a specialist who will take responsibility for working with the drone, prepare references for him. These are the shots that you would like to see as a result. Select photos and videos according to staging, color, atmosphere. The more detailed you explain before shooting, the cooler the finished work will be.
Did you get to point 5? Then you can start looking for references and ideas. We have also prepared some ideas to help you with the choice of future frames.
How to use a drone on a holiday
If there is already a shooting from a height, then you need to come up with a frame arrangement. For example, to implement such ideas:
1. Lie with the groom on the grass, lay out the dress and hair beautifully. Take a few photos up close, and then video as the drone approaches and moves away.
2. If the wedding is in the mountains, be sure to shoot at sunrise and sunset. The drone can fly in front of the open top car where you and the groom will be driving. You can also ride quad bikes or horseback riding.
3. If the wedding is on the shore, then you can take pictures with the waves, pose with the groom in a boat or on a boat. Just like in the mountains, take a ride on transport or on horseback. Or just run, fool around, spin around to get dynamic shots.
4. Let the drone fly a few circles over the guests, for example when they are dancing.
But it’s better to warn the specialist so that he doesn’t shoot with a drone up close, during the ceremony itself. You don’t want something to make noise over your ear during the pronunciation of wedding vows and spoil the atmosphere? It is better to write a list of those very moments when the drone should fade into the background.
We hope that our ideas and tips will be useful to you, and the shots from above will be on top 🙂